Cpb1702

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3
Country flag
Whatever setting I try constant steaming up and can’t seem to get warm air. In other cars don’t always need a/c to get the widows cleared every time. Have had to pull over numerous times as dangerous. Have I the dreaded air con problem or am I setting it up wrong? It can’t be that hard to set up surely. It’s a 2020 4s.
Sponsored

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Whatever setting I try constant steaming up and can’t seem to get warm air. In other cars don’t always need a/c to get the widows cleared every time. Have had to pull over numerous times as dangerous. Have I the dreaded air con problem or am I setting it up wrong? It can’t be that hard to set up surely. It’s a 2020 4s.
Sounds like you have a heater failure if there is no warm air.

Use Auto setting and AC should be on to control moisture. If on Eco or Eco Plus you will struggle.

Check also that the top vent is on. Go to the AC display and top centre of the dash should show a blue air flow - tap if not.

Crazymind

First Name
Mattia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S
Country flag
I have noticed the same. However I get warm air.

Last edited:

mangobay

First Name
Omar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST 2023. Cayman GT4 (981); BMW X5 40i
Country flag
There was a dealer issued tsb in 2020/2021 for 2020 cars that had an issue with demisting. I remember mine suffered the same problem and a quick visit to the dealer had it fixed. Sorry I can’t remember the exact details but should be easy to look into. If it’s not the heater it could be that.

Bao1303

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan CT 4S, BMW X5 45e, various bikes
Country flag
Sub 0 I often get steamed up windscreen in eco mode. Normal mode is good but ac must be on. Always warm and nice so no heater issue

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
Yesterday my screen misted a bit along the bottom as soon as the car switched on. I was on A/C Eco and it was completely clear within ½ mile.

I leave it on 22C and Auto, the only irritation is the fan noise but I haven’t tried to find a setting where that is less noticeable. I now remember being irritated by the noise last winter too :(

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
When my heater failed last year, the first thing that happened was that the windows suddenly steamed up very quickly and wouldn't clear.

KenR

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Is there a world record for the number of heater failures? I have had two replacements in the last 3 years ❄

Tooney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Last edited:

RGBArgee

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4SCrossT.992 Turbo S.Audi S3 8Y, MG Midget
Country flag
Heater failure!

RGBArgee

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4SCrossT.992 Turbo S.Audi S3 8Y, MG Midget
Country flag
Is there a world record for the number of heater failures? I have had two replacements in the last 3 years ❄
Porsche need to get a grip and offering me £416 + vat as a goodwill gesture for being off the road for 2 weeks with NO loan car ( 3rd time) is an insult. Had to borrow a car (petrol) travelling 400 plus miles, insurance etc. Come on Porsche - brand loyalty is being stretched!

OP
OP
Cpb1702

Cpb1702

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3
Country flag
Car has gone in now negotiating temp car with car hire firm. Offering A class. How do I negotiate for a proper premium car?

1AX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T
Country flag
Car has gone in now negotiating temp car with car hire firm. Offering A class. How do I negotiate for a proper premium car?
I've been in a Merc CLA for the past 2 weeks (and counting) for the same reason. Hoping to have my Taycan back by the end of this week. Biggest first-world problem is missing my heated steering wheel and the ability to pre-heat the cabin in a morning!

Porsche Taycan Steaming front windows 143FABD3-5064-4CEE-9273-5EBBED09FEC7_1_105_c

Mercs of old were a premium car - Mercs of today (especially those accident damaged by a previous hirer) are certainly not!

Porsche Taycan Steaming front windows 0FD2CD5C-90AB-4B68-8711-DB742FCC2AF2_1_105_c

Nickj

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crayon 4s
Country flag
My heater failed on Saturday also although today it’s decided to work again! 2nd time as replaced in Jan this year. Let me know how long they say to get fixed. Cars going back in for service / MOT in 2 weeks so thinking will try to see it through till then. Last time they gave me a rubbish 2 series and would rather keep the Taycan! Day driving is ok, nights not so much..
Sponsored