Thermal windows

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
Yes but once the car is back in the garage/darker area. Not showing up in current sunny conditions outside.
Sponsored

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S; 2021 Taycan 4S; 2023 911 GTS Cab
Country flag
That's interesting. I didn't post an authority for the side windows only statement because I - like @ct-andy - was told this by my Porsche dealer. It is certainly possible, as there are many vendors who sell acoustic windshields to manufacturers (such as AGC). There is a way, supposedly, that we can tell (e.g., here).

We have a unique advantage, however, as we can compare cars (hopefully). My car DOES have the thermal and sound insulation option. In the lower left (passsenger) corner of the front windshield, there is a parts code. If someone (in the US) who does NOT have the thermal and sound insulation option can do the same, then perhaps we can settle this for certain. I will say that the A/IR code that I have circled in red suggests the possibility that, contrary to what some of us have been told, the windshield in the thermal and sound insulation is different. The “A,” I believe, stands for “Acoustic” and the “IR” for infra red or thermal. Let’s see if someone can post an image to compare!

2622E6EB-5516-4586-9003-8ABED8F134AA.jpeg
Mine is almost identical. The very bottom line is different. I’m not sure what that is. I also have the insulated glass option.
Porsche Taycan Thermal windows D3C951B8-490F-4991-AF29-646DAD218A11

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
Best I can get with tinted windshield.
Porsche Taycan Thermal windows 4958E62B-E1DC-4454-A135-70EEC52EE0F5

ct-andy

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S CT (eta Feb)
Country flag
Porsche Taycan Thermal windows 1625895199578

using google translate

Dslev

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I was told only side windows are fitted with insulated glass.
Front and rear shares the same part number with non insulated glass.
I can confirm that is true, side Windows and Roof Glass are the only insulated glass. Replacement rear window, non-insulated, was identical to the one on the vehicle. A bit unsure that it won't happen again (window cracking), if the glass is identical, we'll see.

Eric_Arizona

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan
Country flag
Ordered mine with Insulated glass, so does anyone have cell phones that won't work because of this glass option ? Kind of important my phone works inside the car,...

PorschePete

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2018 Audi Q7
Country flag
Ordered mine with Insulated glass, so does anyone have cell phones that won't work because of this glass option ? Kind of important my phone works inside the car,...
Yes some owners have had problems with the noise insulated glass option and cell reception. This has been confirmed in threads and by a dealer I am going to buy mine from. He indicated some have had serious problems with cell reception and some have not with the insulated glass option. I wanted to get the option myself but decided it wasn’t worth the risk as cell reception is non negotiable for me.

Here is a thread that discusses it:
https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/t...n-taycan-any-solutions.5858/page-3#post-81425

Bry5on

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'70 electric Jaguar, ‘21 Taycan 4S CT
Country flag
Most people reporting their phones work seem to be T-Mobile customers in the US from what I’m reading. I’m T-Mobile and only saw this thread after my build locked. Will find out soon!

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
Most people reporting their phones work seem to be T-Mobile customers in the US from what I’m reading. I’m T-Mobile and only saw this thread after my build locked. Will find out soon!
Not to derail thread, but I wonder how soon 'soon' is :)

My delivery date was changed overnight from Nov 19 2021 to Jan 14 2022! Freeze pt. from Sep 3 to Oct 29! Is yours already in production or pending? BTW changes to the Configurator (mostly related to RPA) also changed my build w/o my input! Had to create a new build file for my SA.

Bry5on

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'70 electric Jaguar, ‘21 Taycan 4S CT
Country flag
At least you’re getting a MY22 from the sound of it.

Mine has been sitting at the port of Emden for a week and a half. I’m not sure why but there are no shipments scheduled to the west coast this month so it looks like it’ll spend an entire month just sitting at the port waiting for a vessel. Delivery late September

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag

Mine has been sitting at the port of Emden for a week and a half. I’m not sure why but there are no shipments scheduled to the west coast this month so it looks like it’ll spend an entire month just sitting at the port waiting for a vessel. Delivery late September
Yes mine was a 2022 build from the get-go - pandemic impacts on timing a def frustration but hopefully you get lucky!

R88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo S (sold)
Country flag

Same. Was meant to go out earlier this month but On Vessel now shows 8/27. Going to West Coast too.

maddie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S (ordered)
Country flag
1625895199578.png

using google translate
So i’m wondering, where did this discussion end. The A/IR glass comes from the additional noise and thermal insulated glass ? Or only the windows are double glass