SergeyIndy

First Name
Sergey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
24 Macan GTS, 23 Taycan Turbo, 20 Cayenne Turbo,
Country flag
I just don’t get the change the brake fluid after 20K??
Don’t bash me but I have owned cars for 40 years now and never took a car in to change my brake fluid. Are they just looking for something to take our money? Seriously, change brake fluid, and pretty much visually check everything else seems to me like a money grab.
I guess I am one of the few that reads the manual. Different cars have different time periods for Brake Fluid changes. My Acura TSX was calling for 3 years, but Porsches like a Macan or Cayenne calling for 2 years, so this is consistent across all models. The reason is below (moisture buildup), but the overall statement is for checking Taycan before taking it on a race circuit and not for regular driving, since for regular driving you follow the Maintenance journal that calls for every 2 years, regardless of mileage.

Porsche Taycan Taycan 20,000 miles 1697477519508
Sponsored

Tooney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag

R Benny Waered

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S, Rapide S, Mc GT, ID.5
Country flag
Hate unnecessary spends and maintenance but my 20yr old daughter had an accident as she lost brake pressure on a big downhill. She got the Golf after her grandmother passed and I guess brake fluid changes had not been done despite the car being serviced... She was fine but shaken and needed a new wheel... I changed the fluid and its been fine since as it wasn't master cyl.

That TSB is interesting - exactly my symptoms. It is getting a software update in a week but the only user action to initiate teh learn routine could be "The routine is started if the selector lever is moved from P to D and back to P before charging, for example."

Thanks for the link

MarkSCville

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Cross Turismo 4
Country flag
Just passed 20K after 15 months. Car has been awesome and no issues so far... I use mine as a daily driver and for some trips. In speaking to two different service advisors and doing a little research, it is recommended to do the brake flush after two years more so than the mileage. Some people have had their dealer test the fluid and then opt not to do the flush. When I took mine in at 18K for maint. my service advisor was fine waiting till the 2 yr mark.

Atlas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Hate unnecessary spends and maintenance but my 20yr old daughter had an accident as she lost brake pressure on a big downhill. She got the Golf after her grandmother passed and I guess brake fluid changes had not been done despite the car being serviced... She was fine but shaken and needed a new wheel... I changed the fluid and its been fine since as it wasn't master cyl.

That TSB is interesting - exactly my symptoms. It is getting a software update in a week but the only user action to initiate teh learn routine could be "The routine is started if the selector lever is moved from P to D and back to P before charging, for example."

Thanks for the link
I showed my advisor the TSB (since I have had the same brake pedal feel/travel issue) a few weeks ago and we did a brake flush. My car had about 18k miles on it and is about two years old. I'd say that the feel is more consistent now. I don't know that any software was updated.

The other BIG change is that new PSCB rotors (but not pads) were installed under warranty. This is not in relation to the brake pedal feel. Rather, I had squealing sounds decelerating (from 21mph down) and accelerating (from 15-19mph up). The decelarating sounds are much less frequent now but the accelerating sounds are still there. It's not 100% of the time and I can hear it most clearly with the windows down. In my imagination, there is some bearing that needs grease in some part of the assembly. I am at a loss for what it could be but it is driving me crazy to the point of considering selling the car.
Sponsored