Taycan 20,000 miles

PaulaJP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan
Country flag
I just past 20,000 miles in my Taycan without any issues. When and at what point should I take my car in? And for what usually?
Sponsored

RBGtaycan

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia EV6; Taycan RWD....Past: 356, Cayman S
Country flag
I just past 20,000 miles in my Taycan without any issues. When and at what point should I take my car in? And for what usually?
At ~2 years the PCM should pop a service message. The dealer will want to change brake fluid and your cabin filter...that's it!

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag
I just past 20,000 miles in my Taycan without any issues.
(Sarcasm on) How can that possibly be? According to some people on this forum your car should have burst into flames, or left you stranded somewhere, or caused you to get divorced. It's just not possible that a Taycan can exist in such a trouble free state. (Sarcasm off)

Congrats though. I'm at 12,000 with no real issues either.

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s, '23 Lucid Air GT
Country flag
I recently crossed the 20k mile mark and I haven't had the 2 year service done.
since the early charging issues the car has had no issues.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
I’m approaching 25k miles (40k km) and zero issues (even though I’ve charged it a few times to 100%, which I surely thought it would explode 😉). But then again, I bought it at 15k miles so I’m sure the previous owner went though all the usual break in issues like car on fire, faulty battery, stranded in a country other than your own, cracked sunroof, etc.

Jaymo

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
3 years, 34,000 miles and not a single issue. Looks and drives like the day I brought it home.
Service at 2 years, and new tires at 25k, that’s it.
Have charged it to 100% ever time for 3 years, still get 250 miles.
So good just extended lease and ordered new one.

JerryLNK

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22TAYCAN, 21MB C300, 23BMW X3
Country flag
Similar experience to what others have shared, @PaulaJP. Special ordered MY2022 RWD 17 months ago. Approaching 24,000 miles. Absolutely no issues. I'm like @Jaymo, plan to buy when lease is up in 12 months and order another one. And, I completely relate to @Hirschaj "sarcasm".

But to @PaulaJP's question, the 20,000 mile check up included a new cabin air filter, check on brakes and brake fluid, and tread depth on tires. I'll need to replace tires next year. (Actually, some advise on tires would be appreciated.)

Happy miles to all of you!

SergeyIndy

First Name
Sergey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
24 Macan GTS, 23 Taycan Turbo, 20 Cayenne Turbo,
Country flag
Very nice reports by everyone. I am at 1,500 miles and no issues, but constantly listening to sounds and expecting something, but wow awesome news all around. I guess I am one of the few who reads the maintenance schedule right away and plugging it into Excel tracker with dates and costs.

First, starting with a 20k mile service is nice since non EVs do include a 10k service free, hard to believe this is still a thing these days on a recent purchase of a 2024 Macan for my wife.

Second, the cabin filter is easy to replace by yourself, so I will be definitely removing that from the maintenance list, and prefer to get my own kind and inspect the used one to see what frequency of replacement it really needs. Manual never made any sense on that interval for our Macan.

Third, I am keeping track of the tire depth by myself, so will be posting when my particular kind wears out as this seems to be a very news negative thing about EV tires wearing out quick and impact on environment, will see. I wonder if anyone can report tire type and miles at which tires call for replacement.

Forth, I would like to see if anyone can share or point me to what a 20k service costs for the check, brake fluid, and filter as someone would just drop it at the dealer to perform. I am suspecting to recover costs, they will still find a way to charge $1k for it as they do for the Macan/Cayenne type services as a list of checks need to be performed and there is some corporate code for 20k service that brings up the charge to some unreasonable even by Porsche standards amount.

sandro73

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S
Country flag
Very nice reports by everyone. I am at 1,500 miles and no issues, but constantly listening to sounds and expecting something, but wow awesome news all around. I guess I am one of the few who reads the maintenance schedule right away and plugging it into Excel tracker with dates and costs.

First, starting with a 20k mile service is nice since non EVs do include a 10k service free, hard to believe this is still a thing these days on a recent purchase of a 2024 Macan for my wife.

Second, the cabin filter is easy to replace by yourself, so I will be definitely removing that from the maintenance list, and prefer to get my own kind and inspect the used one to see what frequency of replacement it really needs. Manual never made any sense on that interval for our Macan.

Third, I am keeping track of the tire depth by myself, so will be posting when my particular kind wears out as this seems to be a very news negative thing about EV tires wearing out quick and impact on environment, will see. I wonder if anyone can report tire type and miles at which tires call for replacement.

Forth, I would like to see if anyone can share or point me to what a 20k service costs for the check, brake fluid, and filter as someone would just drop it at the dealer to perform. I am suspecting to recover costs, they will still find a way to charge $1k for it as they do for the Macan/Cayenne type services as a list of checks need to be performed and there is some corporate code for 20k service that brings up the charge to some unreasonable even by Porsche standards amount.
I just made recently the 30.000 km service. The cabin air filter and the break fluid got changed. On the invoice there was a total amount of 380 Eur. (Romania)

gtm

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'73 Lotus, '23 GTS
Country flag
This undoubtedly varies by dealer so YMMV. My dealer included the 20,000 mile service as "complementary" when purchasing the car. It was invoiced/included at $770, and then the car purchase invoice was credited for the maintenance cost (odd accounting, but net to me was zero). This amount was straight from their "Porsche Scheduled Maintenance Plan Agreement", which listed the prices for pre-purchasing maintenance across all models. This amount was undoubtedly inflated a little since they were agreeing to a price for a service 2 years in the future.

ithinkmac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'17 3, '22 4S CT, '22 MXP
Country flag
19 months. about to hit 45k miles. 2 punctured ties, replaced under wheel/tire warranty. 1st service was @ 27k miles, didn't have time to visit dealer. 2nd service @ 44k miles (just had it done). No real big issues. Had a rattle that went on for like 6-8 months, but they finally got it sorted. I somehow pop one of the plates from beneath the car by the rear wheel, and it was scrapping the road when I'm in Sport +, dealer order replacement parts and fix it. On my 2nd set of tires. Of course, a whole bunch of PCM issues in the past 19 months. Lots of reboots or black screens, AC randomly unsyncs, or stopped blowing cold air. Stop car and restart usually fixes. GPS goes really bad one time. it was like 2-3 miles off course, for a whole duration on of my road trips. this of course, also effected all GPS signals in my phone via CarPlay. Have since turned off wireless CarPlay, and use wired, so I can unplug if GPS weirdness comes up while I'm driving.

For a Porsche, this is about as best as I can dream. Total low maintenance. My last Porsche was a Cayenne S, and boy, rebuild engine, transmission, etc...

-ThinkMac-

JRNJTAYCAN

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Taycan, 22 Q5, 95 F150 Flair Side
Country flag
I just don’t get the change the brake fluid after 20K??
Don’t bash me but I have owned cars for 40 years now and never took a car in to change my brake fluid. Are they just looking for something to take our money? Seriously, change brake fluid, and pretty much visually check everything else seems to me like a money grab.

Reactions: 007

RBGtaycan

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia EV6; Taycan RWD....Past: 356, Cayman S
Country flag
Don’t bash me but I have owned cars for 40 years now and never took a car in to change my brake fluid. Are they just looking for something to take our money? Seriously, change brake fluid, and pretty much visually check everything else seems to me like a money grab.
You don't have to do it if you don't want but Porsche is consistent across their cars-they want you to do it at the 2 year point (and if you are making an emergency stop at 160 mph on the Autobahn you might appreciate highly functional brakes!)..I also suspect that warranty repairs to your brakes might be a problem if you don't follow the schedule. So maybe you should just suck it up and pay the Porsche tax?

Last edited:

MrB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S and Fiat 500e La Prima
Country flag
May be different schedules across the Atlantic but mine’s just flashed up a service notification for brake fluid replacement at 36k miles and approaching 2 years old (given the due date in the PCM I’m guessing it’s a 2 year thing).

R Benny Waered

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S, Rapide S, Mc GT, ID.5
Country flag
I'm on 21,000. No issues till now - the brake pedal is travelling much lower and when the mechanical brakes blend in I need to apply more pressure so it goes lower still. Its a little disconcerting at times - lots of travel. Obvs a brake fluid change is imminent at 2 yrs old and its booked in.

Service prices vary - A LOT. Which is ridiculous...
Sponsored