Taycan steel suspension rough riding?

badboy02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Country flag
would like to know on a rear wheel drive taycan is the the steel suspension rough riding if you don't go with the air suspension? thank you.
Sponsored

submatrix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan
Country flag
I haven't tried the air suspension but no, the steel suspension on my RWD is quite good. From reviews I've read/seen the consensus seems to be that Porsche has done a really good job on ride quality even on the steel suspension. I'm no expert, but compared to my Model S with air suspension, you feel the road more but all the bumps are more dulled. It's a very pleasant balance between feeling connected to the road without being harsh.

RBGtaycan

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia EV6; Taycan RWD....Past: 356, Cayman S
Country flag
I haven't tried the air suspension but no, the steel suspension on my RWD is quite good. From reviews I've read/seen the consensus seems to be that Porsche has done a really good job on ride quality even on the steel suspension. I'm no expert, but compared to my Model S with air suspension, you feel the road more but all the bumps are more dulled. It's a very pleasant balance between feeling connected to the road without being harsh.
I agree...my ride is very good and MUCH better than my (previous) BMW M2

tomtom901

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD ST
Country flag
I drove air and springs back to back, hardly any difference at all on Dutch roads (which are considered quite good), which is why I didn't take it. Seemed like something extra that could break and another 3k option.
Sponsored