Theoretical maximum sound quality for Bose

Dilpo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Sport Turismo
Country flag
Hi Everyone,

Somewhat new Taycan owner here. I found a lot of discussion on the forum about our love/hate -relationship for Bose but started wondering:
At which point increasing the audio quality of the source becomes redundant because of either the wireless transfer of the music or some other Taycan/Bose -related reason?

As an example, CarPlay would compresss the files when using wireless but what would be the max bitrate of the compression320kbps?

if using wired CarPlay would this change? What about USB and PCM native music player?

I know at some point you cant hear the difference anymore but wondering whats the theoretical best quality I should aim for.

Thanks.
Sponsored

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag

SteveGTS

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3P, Taycan on order
Country flag
I’ve found that FLAC files from a USB source are significantly better. I have turned off Surround and turned on Linear and just fiddle with the treble and bass to suit the genre.

I found Spotify via wireless CarPlay to be not to my liking.

Native Spotify somewhere in between.

Last edited:

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
Not sure what aspect of the performance causes it but I find playing from a thumb drive plugged into the USB port sounds best.

It is a mystery to me why because I have found at home in a dedicated listening room using kit costing more than the Taycan and a background noise level of ~28dB the difference between 16/44 and 256kb/s mp4 is too small to complain about (there is a bigger difference between recordings than file types IME by a considerable margin).

Mind you I don’t consider a car to be much good for music listening whatever the system and file type.
Sponsored