TSB: Vehicle Plug does not Lock and the Charging Process Cannot be Started - March 4, 2024

Tooney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Information: The vehicle plug does not interlock in the vehicle charge port. The release button on the vehicle lights up red and the charging process cannot be started.
The reason for this is charge connector that is not correctly positioned. As a result, the charging plug cannot be locked and the charging process cannot be started. The use of heavy charging cables/charging plugs can cause this problem.

Action required:
The vehicle plug must be inserted fully and straight into the vehicle charge connection so that the locking mechanism can engage.
If necessary, the procedure must be repeated and the vehicle plug may have to be held in position by
hand.
If the charging plug tilts down even slightly, this can be enough to prevent the actuator from locking the
charging plug  Incorrect position of vehicle plug.

Porsche Taycan TSB: Vehicle Plug does not Lock and the Charging Process Cannot be Started - March 4, 2024 1713382674333-xf
https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2024/MC-10252438-0001.pdf
Sponsored

IrwinJ

First Name
Irwin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes SL550
Country flag
This happened to me one time, right after I got my Taycan in 2022. I figured it out quickly that the charge handle wasn’t fully in the slot. Since then, I’ll give it a firm shove so that it clicks in place. Never had the problem again

Sace

First Name
Anders
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Sport Tourismo
Country flag
I had this once with a DCFC. Actually the app notified me about it with the same note about holding it in place while it locks. Seen the same on wifes TM3 btw.
Sponsored