Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

offplan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S , bicycle , my own feet
Country flag
To all Taycan owners in the UAE, have you been able to get a software update on your Taycan? I don't get any email from the dealer about the recall/updates that are so widely discussed on this forum in other parts of the world. Is there a way to update at home OTA through WIFI? My car is is running PCM "3613" i dont know if that is the latest one or if it needs to be updated. I require some assistance to identifying which is the latest software and how I can get notified when there is an update available for my car since LTE isn't enabled in the car and i cant register to "my Porsche"
Additionally, I dont get why Porsche/Dealer/Telco Regulators cant get the porsche connect app to work? Tesla has got it done before launching in the UAE and i believe that other car makers have this functionality available to them but Porsche dealer says that "they are working on it" since 2 years now.
Sponsored

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
AFIK the service (for the Taycan and possibly other Porsches) is not available in UAE - potentially due to contractual challenges with Porsche / du / Etisalat (my guess).

WiFi connection is not an option (only found on Russian spec cars) and so LTE is the only method.

Software updates should be available from the dealership. OTA updates are pretty basic and all major updates have to be performed by the dealer.