PP7QNHV5

First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi e-tron
Country flag
I have finally my VIN and expecting delivery by Middle of February. Unfortunately I am one of the unlucky ones ordering a RWD, where Bose Sound was canceled. I have no researched all the Threads here regarding Upgrading the Sound System and found lots of ideas and solutions like Caliber BC108US, Audiotec-Fischer, Rockford etc.

Maybe some Owners can post their Experiences in Upgrading their Soundsystem here with Parts and Costs? I have already asked some Experts in my area(Vienna, Austria) and I get many different prices ranges and ideas. It is quite a difficult task to find a trustworthy and experienced Audio Tuner here.
Sponsored

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
I am a music lover and count listening to music as my main leisure activity. I was pleasantly surprised by the standard system, it has low colouration, and even frequency response and good intelligibility and quite accurate on speech.

The stereo imaging isn’t that good in the normal car way, probably faux surround DSP would help here.

I listen to a lot of live concerts and have a good stereo at home but I decided it was good enough for my use in the car.

Raphie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4s (21)
Country flag
I‘ve done Mosconi Gladen high end sets in my mercs before, by professional award winning installers. They are not touching the Taycan, way to scared of the finicky electronics. Speakers only is no option you’ll need DSP to DE-EQ / RE-EQ and external amps. Weight is a thing too.
unless building a show car, I would NOT touch the Taycan.

OP
OP

PP7QNHV5

First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi e-tron
Country flag
I have found Original Bose Subwoofers and Speakers for the Taycan on some Online Shops. Anyone has experience with installing this?
Porsche Taycan Upgrade Base Audio System - Experiences 4ABD1B6A-E335-41F9-9D28-59CA957A29BD

Raphie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4s (21)
Country flag
You also need to BOSE FW in the headunit, otherwise filters will be skewed.

@lpher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan CT4
Country flag
I have found Original Bose Subwoofers and Speakers for the Taycan on some Online Shops. Anyone has experience with installing this?
You'll also be needing an amplifier....and if going down the aftermarket amplifier route, while you are at it, i would have someone put together a tailored aftermarket subwoofer solution instead. It will undoubtedly sound much better.
Sponsored