KConway

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 RWD Taycan
Country flag
Can you turn up the volume without getting a lot of distortion and rattles with this upgrade? I paid extra for Mark Levinson system in a Lexus and it was just crap.
Sponsored

Tino82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I've listened to both Bose and Burmester in different Taycans, and I would say there is little difference from what I listened to - not worth the large chunk of extra money in my opinion.

Ambroos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan (RWD)
Country flag
There's very little difference between them (but you'll never hear Porsche admit that). The PCM does most of the processing (and is the amplifier for most of the high-range speakers) in all models. The Burmester gets you a higher power subwoofer, slightly different processing options enabled and I think a few speakers extra, but in the end it's largely the same hardware and software.

Frogsfarms

First Name
hans
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS
Country flag
Question for those who already have their Taycan (I recognize it is a handful only)

Did anyone order the Burmester and what are your thoughts about it? I’ve read what I can about the Burmester in the Panamera but haven’t seen much out there about the Burmester in the Taycan)
Mainly I am playing my music on a USB stick.
close to 5000 songs are on the stick.
Bermeister is only playine a selection and never touches the rest.
Questions regarding this topic for Burmester

• What is the maximum size of USB stick Bermeister is capable of handling (at present I use a 128GB USB)
  • What format they prefer? (FAT32 of NTFS)
  • What is the maximum on songs on the USB stick
  • Which bit rate is prefered?
  • How do they need the songs to be added? = all songs individual in one folder? Of every album in their own folder?

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
  • What is the maximum size of USB stick Bermeister is capable of handling (at present I use a 128GB USB)
Firstly, there is no Burmeister aspect to this. Its what the PCM can handle regardless of which audio option (base, BOSE, Burmeister) is available. The PCM just presents the audio stream to the amplifier of your chosen audio system.

256GB is the maximum USB storage supported by the current PCM.

• What format they prefer? (FAT32 of NTFS)
Supported file formats are: exFAT, FAT, FAT32, NTFS.

• What is the maximum on songs on the USB stick
Max. 50,000 files per medium; max. 1,000 files per playlist/folder

• Which bit rate is prefered?
Depends on the audio file codec/format.

For MP3 (.mp3), Windows Media Audio 9/10 (.wma), MPEG 2/4 (.m4a, .m4b, .aac), Opus (.opus, .ogg, .oga):

Up to maximum 320 kbit/s with 48 kHz sampling frequencies.

For FLAC (.flac), ALAC (.m4a):

48 kHz sampling frequencies with no maximum bit rate documented.

• How do they need the songs to be added? = all songs individual in one folder? Of every album in their own folder?
There is no specific advice documented other the file count limitations mentioned above. I would lean towards making a folder for every album.
Sponsored

Last edited: