jkoya

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Taycan CT4, 23 Mini Cooper SE on order
Country flag
I purchased the 4 CT. At the time, it was the only available allocation the dealer had. I placed my name on the waitlist in September of 2021 with a dealer that did not charge ADM. I ordered and bought the car sight unseen. Couldn't even test drive a Taycan sedan - there were just none available to even sit in. Took delivery in May of 2022. The purchasing climate was so different during the days of covid. Except for one base Macan, the dealer didn't have any new Porsche's on the showroom floor. My local dealer had a 4S allocation available, but they wanted $15,000 ADM !!

With that said, I enjoy driving my 4 CT and plan to keep it for the long term, especially since Mamba Green Metallic is no longer available.

Good luck with your Taycan purchase. Whatever you decide, it will be an amazing ride.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Fantasmos

Fantasmos

First Name
Hristo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
If that’s the only thing, I don’t really mind it since I am the only one driving. Same goes for the negative feedback about vents being touchscreen. I touch mine only when they mess them around in the car wash. Was more worried about issues like the heat pump, battery leaks, etc. I guess it depends on the specific car mostly rather than on MY difference.

jkoya

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Taycan CT4, 23 Mini Cooper SE on order
Country flag
f that’s the only thing, I don’t really mind it since I am the only one driving. Same goes for the negative feedback about vents being touchscreen. I touch mine only when they mess them around in the car wash. Was more worried about issues like the heat pump, battery leaks, etc. I guess it depends on the specific car mostly rather than on MY difference.
I am like you. I adjusted the vents on delivery day and have not had a reason to re-adjust them since. I haven't had an issue with the climate controls either. The only issue I had was with aftermarket Huf TPMS in which the batteries died after a few months. I had ordered the car with 20" wheels and then bought some forged Signature Wheels in 21". No creaks or rattles either and the 4 CT is being used as a Costco and Home Depot hauler...

Crazymind

First Name
Mattia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S
Country flag
One reason not to chose the 4 is the charging speed, which is max 225kwh.

andrew1cohen

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tayvan GTS, June BMW M4 Convert, Audi, Alfa Romeo
Country flag
My son is 6', maybe 6'-1", and plays football. I'm looking at the 4s sedan. Are the rear seats big enough for my son plus one other large teenager? Used CTs are way too $$ here in N. California.

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
That is not correct. I have a CT 4. Big battery is standard on all CT’s. And I have charged many times at speeds between 260-270 kw at Ionity. Maybe the RWD and 4S with a small battery have a lower charge speed ?

Pwh819

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Cross Turismo - Chalk
Country flag
We have 2 kids (one is still of day care age and another one in 2nd grade). We used to have BMW X5 G05 45e. Now we have Taycan 4S saloon. No problems at all.

About the options - everything is subjective. All my previous cars used to have RAS. The current vehicle doesn’t and it’s totally fine. Taycan is very maneuverable car. It doesn’t feel like the turn radius is big. If I’m not mistaken, it has even less turn radius on paper without RAS than X5 with RAS.
I’ve had a 2021 Taycan 4s and a year later went to 2022 CT 4 and never regretted it. The boot in the CT has substantially more head space to get your stuff into it (than the sedan) but the 4s was a bit more fun to drive given it’s giddyup. Rear axle steering (IMHO) isn’t a must have…my take, given what your used to driving, go with the Taycan CT 4s.

cometguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Panamera 4 ST E-Hybrid; planned Taycan CT4
Country flag
... I feel ( just a personal opinion, no offence) that the saloon looks infinitely better and sportier than the CT. If you don't spec big wheels and the right colour on a CT, it looks a bit like a Hyundai to me.
Not sure how a CT4 with 19-inch wheels looks remotely like a Hyundai (attached photo)... Lots of subjective thinking on appearances of any car... I personally think that the CT looks much (not infinitely, whatever that is supposed to mean) better than the sedan version.

Porsche Taycan Which Taycan to Choose - 4/4S, Cross Turismo or not Screen Shot 2023-12-04 at 5.37.42 PM

laua

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
XC90, V60, CT4S incoming
Country flag
Many have already chimed in but I’ll throw in my vote for a CT 4S. I use it as the new family hauler for my two kids 11 and 4. I’ve got a balance bike, soccer balls and other random kids stuff permanently in my trunk and still have room for a full grocery run. It’s easy to get the kids buckled in and they both love how it looks.

I got RAS as I live in a pretty crowded and narrow area; car navigates well and I have no complaints. The one option I found totally useless is the auto parking. It is absolutely horrendous. One time it scanned and found a spot then decided to abruptly completely shut down the car (and jolting everyone inside to a dead stop). When it does find a spot, it can’t actually parallel park itself into a spot. I didn’t think my Volvo was all that great but in comparison the Volvo works every single time, albeit slowly.

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
Not sure how a CT4 with 19-inch wheels looks remotely like a Hyundai (attached photo)... Lots of subjective thinking on appearances of any car... I personally think that the CT looks much (not infinitely, whatever that is supposed to mean) better than the sedan version.

Screen Shot 2023-12-04 at 5.37.42 PM.png
Agreed, though there is this NIO which, from some angles only, can look very familiar- imitation is the sincerest form of flattery! The only way I can imagine a better looking Taycan than the CT would be to have the wheel arch trims in a satin version of the Turbo S CT's gloss black ones (I've reached the conclusion that contrasting trims make the profile look less bulky, but I'm not keen on the unpainted knobbly finish of the standard trims).

OP
OP
Fantasmos

Fantasmos

First Name
Hristo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
I guess I look like Naomi Campbell in a *very* specific angle and lightning but neither the Nissan or the ridiculous looking Nio with all the Taxi-sign-like lidar on top of it comeс even close to the Taycan. It's clear they have whole sections from Porsche like the real lights and so on but the overall looks of it is a bit silly to me.

BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S, Range Rover Sport
Country flag
Let’s be real. How often do you need that space? During the times of owing X5, I’ve never find myself using that boot space.

But when I got taycan and I needed more space to transport something, I just rented a van, which is like 30-40 euros for 3 hours here.
get a (proper) dog and you'll be half way to full!

summerlion

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 CT4S
Country flag
If you do go with the CT make a note that if you have the sport chrono package there's a quick access button on the climate/battery console for gravel mode. If you don't get the sport chrono package the button gives you quick access to sport mode. Our needs are such that gravel mode is far more useful than sport mode so every time I look at that sport button I'm reminded that if we'd ordered the dashboard wart we could have had a gravel mode button.
On the other hand, with the Gravel button you have to concern yourself with the possibility of your passenger wondering what it does and pushing it while at 80mph. Ask me how I know.

DougFrisk

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
No longer awaiting a 4CT
Country flag
Do you have a citation for that? My understanding is that all Cross Turismos, down to the base Cross Turismo 4 model have the large battery and can charge at 270 KW. Granted I've never been above 212 KW on mine, but I'm pretty sure it's 270. Now in Europe, the Sport Turismo can be purchased with the small battery.
On the other hand, with the Gravel button you have to concern yourself with the possibility of your passenger wondering what it does and pushing it while at 80mph. Ask me how I know.
Ohh, what happens?

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag
My understanding is that all Cross Turismos, down to the base Cross Turismo 4 model have the large battery and can charge at 270 KW.
My CT4 happily charges in the 260+ range at properly functioning charging stations.
Sponsored