Would you buy a Taycan it’s these marks on the exterior?

exilen94

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Would you buy a Taycan it’s these marks on the exterior?

How much would you assume the cost of fixing it?

not sure if it is a dealbreaker for me or if it’s acceptable marks

Porsche Taycan Would you buy a Taycan it’s these marks on the exterior? IMG_2479

Porsche Taycan Would you buy a Taycan it’s these marks on the exterior? IMG_2480

Porsche Taycan Would you buy a Taycan it’s these marks on the exterior? IMG_2481

Porsche Taycan Would you buy a Taycan it’s these marks on the exterior? IMG_2482

Porsche Taycan Would you buy a Taycan it’s these marks on the exterior? IMG_2488

Porsche Taycan Would you buy a Taycan it’s these marks on the exterior? IMG_2490

Porsche Taycan Would you buy a Taycan it’s these marks on the exterior? IMG_2489

Porsche Taycan Would you buy a Taycan it’s these marks on the exterior? IMG_2485

Porsche Taycan Would you buy a Taycan it’s these marks on the exterior? IMG_2487

Porsche Taycan Would you buy a Taycan it’s these marks on the exterior? IMG_2484

Porsche Taycan Would you buy a Taycan it’s these marks on the exterior? IMG_2486

Porsche Taycan Would you buy a Taycan it’s these marks on the exterior? IMG_2483

ShiftyWolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2017 Audi Q5 PP
Country flag
Personally I would not buy that car, as there are better maintained examples available and lots of discounted new or gently used Taycans around. From the Porsche maintenance costs I've seen, if you have to accept that many issues to get the car to your price point, that might not be the best purchase for you.

YMMV

AllanG

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Porsche Macan S in Crayon
Country flag
If the price was right, or you could negotiate a discount to cover the cost of repairs to these areas, then…….yes.

But, as other have said, there are a glut of other used Taycan”s available to consider.

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab, i4
Country flag
Difficult see the damages clearly in your pictures. But from what I can see, none of the scratches or stone chips would stop me negotiating to have then]m repaired v]before a sale. The seat scratch looks like a good upholsterer can do wonders with. You also can see a lot of scratches on the B pillar. A respray on the bonnet and bumper can be negotiated. It is no more than expected from cars driven on winter roads with lots of salt and sand.

More important though is if this car is sold by a Porsche dealer or not. I would be disappointed it a Porsche dealer would offer a car with these visible issues for sale in that state.

OP
OP

exilen94

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Personally I would not buy that car, as there are better maintained examples available and lots of discounted new or gently used Taycans around. From the Porsche maintenance costs I've seen, if you have to accept that many issues to get the car to your price point, that might not be the best purchase for you.

YMMV
Not even for 60 000 usd? The car is equipped with bigger battery and more options

OP
OP

exilen94

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
If the price was right, or you could negotiate a discount to cover the cost of repairs to these areas, then…….yes.

But, as other have said, there are a glut of other used Taycan”s available to consider.
How much do you think it would cost to fix?

OP
OP

exilen94

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Exterior seems fine, damage on the seat will be a no go. Even with heavy discounts, I could not live with a car with interior faults and damages
Not sure if there is much in the seat, you don’t think exterior would be an issue?

Are you familiar how much it could cost to fix?

OP
OP

exilen94

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Difficult see the damages clearly in your pictures. But from what I can see, none of the scratches or stone chips would stop me negotiating to have then]m repaired v]before a sale. The seat scratch looks like a good upholsterer can do wonders with. You also can see a lot of scratches on the B pillar. A respray on the bonnet and bumper can be negotiated. It is no more than expected from cars driven on winter roads with lots of salt and sand.

More important though is if this car is sold by a Porsche dealer or not. I would be disappointed it a Porsche dealer would offer a car with these visible issues for sale in that state.
This car is sold private, I can get it for 60 000 usd. It has bigger battery and more options. 63000 km driven.

would you have taken it?

Donar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan ST ‘22 - Polestar 2 Performance '20
Country flag
Probably you don’t even see those small scratches when you are standing next to the car and you don’t know they are there.

It’s not a brand new car. In a few years and >60K km’s those things happen. Most often by others. So if the price is right compared to other Taycans, I could probably live with it. Personally I would not have small scratches like that repaired.

OP
OP

exilen94

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Probably you don’t even see those small scratches when you are standing next to the car and you don’t know they are there.

It’s not a brand new car. In a few years and >60K km’s those things happen. Most often by others. So if the price is right compared to other Taycans, I could probably live with it. Personally I would not have small scratches like that repaired.
Would you say 60000 usd for PBP, matrix beam etc is worth it? It is without sunroof and ambient light