OP

agurkas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 CT4S, Volvo XC90, BMW X3
Country flag
Very nice color👌👌👌
I have caught my wife staring from the window at her car multiple times. This woman never cared about cars :CWL: She looks for reasons to take a drive. It took something like 50 samples of purple from all those brands until she saw this color and sheen combo and her eyes lit up.
Looks even more impressive in person.

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
I have caught my wife staring from the window at her car multiple times. This woman never cared about cars :CWL: She looks for reasons to take a drive. It took something like 50 samples of purple from all those brands until she saw this color and sheen combo and her eyes lit up.
Happy wife, happy life :giggle: :like:

Tycan keith

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan turbo (and... I pace, mini, sylva jester)
Country flag
Did they have to sand back the original paint or was it straight Iver the top?

Lanman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 RS e-tron GT
Country flag
That's a cool color.

My wife was never much of a car person either until she got a new Bronco and we had it customized. One of the things we had done was custom graphics. She spent weeks with the graphics person choosing the colors and design. Now she loves her Bronco and all the complements she gets on it. As B61 said... Happy Wife! Happy Life!

MAPC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S, 2023.5 Defender, 2019 X1
Country flag
Very hot---purple is my favorite color and I have always loved Porsche Viola Metallic---when I bought my Taycan I thought that if I couldn't find a color that I liked I'd spend the $ and have one wrapped. Fortunately (or perhaps unfortunately) I found one in a color that I like enough (JBM) and an interior that I LOVE (Black/Bourdeaux) but that would not work with Viola....so I saved myself a few (quite a few) thousand dollars. :)

Genau

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Very hot---purple is my favorite color and I have always loved Porsche Viola Metallic---when I bought my Taycan I thought that if I couldn't find a color that I liked I'd spend the $ and have one wrapped. Fortunately (or perhaps unfortunately) I found one in a color that I like enough (JBM) and an interior that I LOVE (Black/Bourdeaux) but that would not work with Viola....so I saved myself a few (quite a few) thousand dollars. :)
Consider that if you were going to get your car protected with PPF anyway, that getting colored PPF (which is about double the thickness and far more durable than a "wrap") is not that much more expensive than clear or matte PPF.

OP
OP

agurkas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Consider that if you were going to get your car protected with PPF anyway, that getting colored PPF (which is about double the thickness and far more durable than a "wrap") is not that much more expensive than clear or matte PPF.
You are correct. The difference was ~$600. The wife said she wanted the car PPFed matte or her favorite color also matte. Vinyl is thicker (at least one we got). Thickness does make the detail work wee bit harder, but man was the result worth it. We will need to get wrap shop to redo window tint. Xpel ceramic stuff turned out bit milky.

BaileyDrive

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY24 Taycan 4S CT, Ford F-150
Country flag
You are correct. The difference was ~$600. The wife said she wanted the car PPFed matte or her favorite color also matte. Vinyl is thicker (at least one we got). Thickness does make the detail work wee bit harder, but man was the result worth it. We will need to get wrap shop to redo window tint. Xpel ceramic stuff turned out bit milky.
Very nice. Curious where in MA did you get the work done...? Thinking of options in the future for my '24 CT4S. Thanks in advance!

OP
OP

agurkas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Very nice. Curious where in MA did you get the work done...? Thinking of options in the future for my '24 CT4S. Thanks in advance!
Q Car Care in Burlington. I checked several folks I found mentioned in PCA forums. Was underwhelmed by most. Gabriel at that shop spent a lot of time with me getting the right color, sheen, and walking me through how exactly everything will be done.

BaileyDrive

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY24 Taycan 4S CT, Ford F-150
Country flag
Q Car Care in Burlington. I checked several folks I found mentioned in PCA forums. Was underwhelmed by most. Gabriel at that shop spent a lot of time with me getting the right color, sheen, and walking me through how exactly everything will be done.
Thanks for the info!

violuma

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 RWD
Country flag
Finding just the right vinyl material took a bit of time to get the purple and sheen my wife wanted. But here you go:
KPMF Matte Purple Black Iridescent Vinyl Wrap | K75565
Was looking forward to having a sister car here, but I'm really glad that y'all found something that you really like.
Sponsored