tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
Annoying as I use the web a lot more than an app – being at my macbook a lot more than being on my phone. It was also more convenient to pull down data via CSV than with the app.

Porsche had been refreshing the look and feel of the web My Porsche recently too.

Oh well – sign of the times, I suppose.

Porsche Taycan My Porsche (via web) being retired. Screenshot 2024-05-07 at 07.32.24

With a more prominent banner to get you to download the My Porsche app.

Porsche Taycan My Porsche (via web) being retired. Screenshot 2024-05-07 at 07.38.34

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
Disappointing.
I too use my iMac Pro more than my phone for everything important, though since my Macbook Pro sceen failed twice in 2 years I am using an iPad more.
Apple's engineering doesn't seem to be as good as it was - I bought my first Mac, a Mackintosh II, in 1987 and have had dozens since all reliable until the last couple.

Last edited:

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Annoying as I use the web a lot more than an app – being at my macbook a lot more than being on my phone. It was also more convenient to pull down data via CSV than with the app.

Porsche had been refreshing the look and feel of the web My Porsche recently too.

Screenshot 2024-05-07 at 07.32.24.png

Screenshot 2024-05-07 at 07.38.34.png
That's a shame as it is better than the app in my experience. I don't see the notification yet but no doubt it will appear in time.

marsh3377

First Name
Marsh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
A Porsche sales rep I spoke to recently said that Function on Demand was also being discontinued.

My Taycan is booked in for a months time due to an issue when downloading the Innodrive option (Innodrive is working fine, but I have a constant warning that it hasn't installed properly) so I will try and get confirmation and/or more information then.

BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S, Range Rover Sport
Country flag
The website seemed to carry more info as well? I could find recall notifications on the web page but not the app for example. Anyway, 1st world problems i think!

bn8959

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST (MY24)
Country flag
This doesn’t seem to make any sense, as there is far more in the web and it’s also very functional. Would other things like ‘tracking your order’ also disappear for new customer I wonder.
Pretty disappointed if so.

Donlam

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi e-Tron, Porsche Taycan rwd 23
Country flag
Web is much reliable than apps and lot info for me to access easily and clearly. Mobile apps never replace big screen for viewing.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
A Porsche sales rep I spoke to recently said that Function on Demand was also being discontinued.

My Taycan is booked in for a months time due to an issue when downloading the Innodrive option (Innodrive is working fine, but I have a constant warning that it hasn't installed properly) so I will try and get confirmation and/or more information then.
FoD is no great loss - an almost irrelevant feature but assume map updates will continue?

marsh3377

First Name
Marsh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
FoD is no great loss - an almost irrelevant feature but assume map updates will continue?
Irrelevant as long as you don’t want to purchase one of the available functions you didn’t have on the original spec’s car. I know there’s only a few but still. And doesn’t bode well for any new future options being made available - the reason given was because they had had so many problems with FOD.

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab, i4
Country flag

Screenshot 2024-05-07 at 07.32.24.png

Screenshot 2024-05-07 at 07.38.34.png
I am not so sure that it will disappear on the web totally? But I have been reading this in French and may misunderstand it.

My conclusion so far is that the trip reports and charging data etc that we can see on the web will stay. I have interpreted it that the Connect functions, ie the features that you could get or activate will switch to the app. I may be wrong of course, but that is how I look at it just now?

electricsidecar

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
electricsidecar.app
Vehicles
Volcano Gray Taycan 2022
Country flag
I am not so sure that it will disappear on the web totally? But I have been reading this in French and may misunderstand it.

My conclusion so far is that the trip reports and charging data etc that we can see on the web will stay. I have interpreted it that the Connect functions, ie the features that you could get or activate will switch to the app. I may be wrong of course, but that is how I look at it just now?
Porsche Connect is the product that all of Porsche's connected vehicle services fall under (trips data included, as it's sourced from your car), so I'd expect that all functionality on the website will be turned down unfortunately. I'd love to be wrong though!

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Irrelevant as long as you don’t want to purchase one of the available functions you didn’t have on the original spec’s car. I know there’s only a few but still. And doesn’t bode well for any new future options being made available - the reason given was because they had had so many problems with FOD.
The option upgrades presumably could still be performed by a
Porsche dealership if offered. PSP, Comfort Openingq for sure leaving Innodrive & ALK for those who had ACC factory installed already. The offering becomes quite small and likely cheaper to make all except Innodrive standard than push OTA. Even then Innodrive & ALK should be bundled with ACC.

Technical issues for sure and customer take up may also explain the decision.
Sponsored