neo402

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan RWD, BMW 435i convertible
Country flag
The one I am now eagerly waiting for is the Boxter EV. That one is going to be a riot. It will test the limits of Porsche engineering. Surely shall have the new android based hardware, the boost button, lower range but higher efficiency, potentially the tesla port, all the best combo of macan ev tech and the taycan engineering learnings, optimized further for a boxter badge.
Sponsored

Torv

First Name
Torv
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
See the entire technical PDF:
Taycan PA Technic Presentation PDF

The new 2025 Porsche Taycan models
  • Enhanced styling inside and out, uprated chassis and suspension systems, new technology and even greater performance
  • Recuperation increased to up to 400 kW at high speeds
  • Increased 105 kWh Performance Battery Plus capacity
  • Acceleration from 0 to 60 mph is up to 0.6 seconds faster, depending on the model. The Taycan Turbo S develops up to 938 hp and goes from 0 to 60 mph in just 2.3 seconds
  • All Taycan variants can charge from a 10 to 80 percent state of charge in 18 minutes under ideal conditions
  • Expanded list of standard equipment for all models
For the 2025 model year, Porsche is giving the all-electric Taycan a particularly extensive update. The new versions benefit from more power, greater range, quicker acceleration and possibility of even faster charging. Porsche also sharpened the design and created greater differentiation for the Turbo models. All new Taycan versions feature a more extensive list of standard equipment and come equipped with the latest generation of the Porsche Driver Experience featuring an improved display and control concept.
Stuttgart/Atlanta. Both body styles will offer this extensive list of enhancements – the Taycan sports sedan, and the versatile Taycan Cross Turismo, which is available with an off-road package. In each case, four powertrain options are available, with rear- and all-wheel drive variants. The upgraded sedan versions are scheduled to arrive at Porsche Centers in the U.S. from the summer, while the Cross Turismo models are expected to follow in the fall.

Globally, the sports car manufacturer has produced almost 150,000 examples of the Taycan. The most important individual markets for the Taycan are currently the US, the UK, Germany and China.

“We ushered in the new era of e-mobility with the Taycan at the end of 2019. It immediately proved to be a game changer and innovative pioneer in the e-vehicle segment,” says head of the Taycan model line, Kevin Giek. “We are now continuing this success story with the extensively updated Taycan. The model line has reached new heights in terms of performance, with exceptional driving dynamics and driving pleasure. At the same time, we were able to improve efficiency, range, day-to-day usability and comfort.”

Even higher performance
All updated models accelerate significantly faster than their predecessors. Two examples from both ends of the portfolio demonstrate this clearly: The rear-wheel drive Taycan sedan now sprints from 0 to 60 mph in 4.5 seconds, making it 0.6 seconds quicker than before. The new Taycan Turbo S sedan is now capable of reaching 60 mph in just 2.3 seconds, 0.3 seconds quicker than previously, making it the quickest production car Porsche has ever offered to date.

With the new push-to-pass function as part of the Sport Chrono package, a boost of up to 70 kW, depending on the model, can be called upon for 10 seconds at the touch of a button. The increased acceleration rates are generally the result of higher system output. For example, the base Taycan delivers 60 kW more than before. In the Taycan Turbo S, it’s an additional 140 kW when using Launch Control. This increases the system output of the top model to 700 kW/938 hp – making it the most powerful production Porsche to date.

Faster charging potential
The updated Taycan has the ability to recharge even faster than before: It can be charged at 800-volt DC charging stations at up to 320 kW under ideal conditions. That’s 50 kW more than before. The fast-charging window of the new performance battery has been significantly expanded. This means that high charging capacities can be sustained for longer periods of time, even at lower temperatures. Also, now standard is a 150 kW DC/DC convertor, which aims to optimize charging speeds on 400-volt networks.

Depending on an individual’s driving style, among other variables, this can reduce the time required to go from a 10 to an 80 percent charge compared to the predecessor car. Under ideal conditions, the updated Taycan takes just 18 minutes despite its larger battery capacity. The Performance Battery Plus now has a gross capacity of 105 kWh, increased from 93 kWh.

New active chassis
All updated Taycan models come with adaptive air suspension as standard. Additionally, the new Porsche Active Ride suspension can be ordered as an option for all models with all-wheel drive. This system offers an unprecedented bandwidth between driving comfort and driving dynamics.

The suspension keeps the body of the Taycan level at all times, even during dynamic braking, steering and acceleration. With a smooth ride, the system absorbs bumps almost completely. In dynamic driving situations, the Porsche Active Ride suspension aims for an optimal connection to the road thanks to a balanced distribution of wheel loads. If the appropriate mode is activated, the suspension can compensate for pitching and rolling motions in order to reduce the acceleration forces acting on the occupants.

Extensive efficiency measures
The simultaneous improvement of performance and efficiency is down to a number of factors: an advanced powertrain with a new rear-axle motor with up to 80 kW more power than its predecessor on all models, a modified pulse inverter with optimized software, more powerful batteries, revised thermal management, a next-generation heat pump and a modified recuperation and all-wheel-drive strategy.

The maximum recuperation capacity during deceleration from high speeds has increased by more than 30 percent from 290 to up to 400 kW. All variants now come as standard with aerodynamically optimized wheels and reduced-rolling-resistance tires. New 21-inch wheels and tires were specially developed for this purpose.

Significantly improved standard equipment
In the new 2025 Taycan models, the list of standard equipment is even more extensive than before. Lane Change Assist, heated steering wheel, Ambient lighting, electrically folding exterior mirrors with mirror surround lighting, Porsche Intelligent Range Manager (PIRM), a new cooling system, smartphone tray for wireless charging, electric charging ports on the driver and front passenger side and Drive Mode switch are all now standard features.

The entry level Taycan models are now also equipped with adaptive air suspension.. In addition to the upgraded equipment, the improved product specification includes a lighter battery with increased capacity.

Even more attractive design and extensive customization options
With new front- and rear-end styling with new headlights and taillights, the experts at Style Porsche have further honed the clean, pure design of the Taycan. The new front fenders and the flatter headlights give even greater emphasis to the width of the Taycan.

The new headlights feature high-resolution LED HD-Matrix Design look with detailed optics and now display the brand’s characteristic four-point graphics at night. The Porsche logo in the rear light strip features a three-dimensional, glass-look design. An illuminated version of this is available for the first time, featuring welcome/leaving animations.

Among other notable features, the accent color, Turbonite, makes the Turbo and Turbo S models stand out more distinctively from the other Taycan versions in both the exterior and interior. Several new colors for the Taycan also underscore the level of customization possible.

There have also been a number of upgrades in the interior. The base models now also come as standard with door sill protectors in brushed aluminum.

Two new leather-free interior options in Black and Black/Slate Grey are optionally available. These equipment packages dispense with genuine leather in the interior and instead feature the high-quality microfiber material Race-Tex as well as a textile material with wool content displaying the iconic Pepita houndstooth pattern. The seatbelts and contrast stitching are in GT silver. The new leather-free interior is available as an option for the base model and 4S as well as a no-cost option for the Turbo and Turbo S models.

Updated control and display concept
The instrument cluster, central display and optional passenger display feature an optimized user interface with additional functions. The mode switch on the steering wheel now comes as standard. For Taycan models equipped with the Sport Chrono package and the Performance Battery Plus, there is a special push-to-pass button on the mode switch.

Using the new control lever on the left behind the steering wheel, control of the driver assistance systems is even more intuitive. Apple CarPlay has been more deeply integrated into the vehicle displays and functions. The new In-Car Video function enables video streaming on the central display and the passenger display.

Pricing and availability
The new 2025 Taycan sedan and Cross Turismo models are available to order now and expected to reach U.S. Porsche Centers in the course of the summer in 2024. MSRP is as follows and does not include the $1,995 delivery, processing and handling fee:

2025 Taycan: $99,400
2025 Taycan 4S: $118,500
2025 Taycan Turbo: $173,600
2025 Taycan Turbo S: $209,000
2025 Taycan 4 Cross Turismo: $111,100
2025 Taycan 4S Cross Turismo: $125,200
2025 Taycan Turbo Cross Turismo: $176,300
2025 Taycan Turbo S Cross Turismo: $211,700

See the entire technical PDF:
Taycan PA Technic Presentation PDF

porsche-taycan_100917173_h.png

porsche-taycan_100917174_h.png

porsche-taycan_100917176_h.png

porsche-taycan_100917175_h.png

porsche-taycan_100917177_h.png

porsche-taycan_100917180_h.png

porsche-taycan_100917179_h.png

porsche-taycan_100917178_h.png

porsche-taycan_100917183_h.png

porsche-taycan_100917182_h.png

porsche-taycan_100917181_h.png

porsche-taycan_100917196_h.png

porsche-taycan_100917195_h.png

porsche-taycan_100917193_h.png

porsche-taycan_100917192_h.png

porsche-taycan_100917202_h.png

porsche-taycan_100917207_h.png

porsche-taycan_100917206_h.png

porsche-taycan_100917200_h.png

porsche-taycan_100917199_h.png

porsche-taycan_100917198_h.png

porsche-taycan_100917197_h.png

porsche-taycan_100917191_h.png

porsche-taycan_100917190_h.png

porsche-taycan_100917189_h.png

porsche-taycan_100917188_h.png

porsche-taycan_100917187_h.png

porsche-taycan_100917186_h.png

porsche-taycan_100917185_h.png

porsche-taycan_100917184_h.png

porsche-taycan_100917204_h.png

porsche-taycan-charging-0037-v1-65c2469f7e157.jpg

porsche-taycan-charging-0036-v1-65c2469d81f61.jpg

porsche-taycan-charging-0013-v1-65c24696d5bc7.jpg

porsche-taycan-charging-0004-v1-65c24696d2647.jpg

porsche-taycan-0146-65c2462e0b5af.jpg

porsche-taycan-0145-65c2462d72f62.jpg

porsche-taycan-0172-65c2462cb9fba.jpg

porsche-taycan-0168-65c2462476d59.jpg

porsche-taycan-0169-65c2460ee415c.jpg

porsche-taycan-0170-65c2461c2e7c3.jpg

porsche-taycan-0136-65c2461a288e7.jpg

porsche-taycan-0150-65c24615e8617.jpg

VIDEOS

My wife is going to kill me.

RingoDingo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
The one I am now eagerly waiting for is the Boxter EV. That one is going to be a riot. It will test the limits of Porsche engineering. Surely shall have the new android based hardware, the boost button, lower range but higher efficiency, potentially the tesla port, all the best combo of macan ev tech and the taycan engineering learnings, optimized further for a boxter badge.
Just hope they can keep it within a few hundred pounds of the ICE boxster.

sejder

First Name
Bu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Hi the technical document has been deleted from the newsroom. do you knwoı how to find if?

Caraholic

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F430, Cayman S, JKU
Country flag
I am just about to order a new Turbo S because I sooo need 1000HP. My only challenge is deciding between Jet Black Metallic and Gentian Blue Metallic paint. Votes please…
I’d wait for the turbo GT if you want over 1,000

KenR

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
My dealer just told that the Turbo GT will be announced on 28th February, with April/May build, and mid-year delivery. He also said the numbers will be limited. A ploy for jacking the price up maybe?

SergeyIndy

First Name
Sergey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
24 Macan GTS, 23 Taycan Turbo, 20 Cayenne Turbo,
Country flag
My wife is going to kill me.
My wife told me to go and get her some raw honey that is only sold in one store in the Dutch country of Indiana. She said you sure should be able to make a round trip without stopping to charge, I said no honey, the new Taycan can make a 325 mile trip, but ours need to charge to get back home, she said, what happened there as you just got it a few months ago (it was 18 months from order to delivery). I had to come up with something quick, so I said the new one may last longer but do you really want to look at the new cartoonish front and wheels (Turbo front bumper and embellished Mission-Es), I would rather stop to charge. We better start coming up with stuff like that :headbang:.

That bumper look is hard to overcome for me from pictures alone at this point and the rear fake vents is just a non-starter cheap Kia look to me. Also, others brought up the fact that in these website pictures of the Turbo S show unique aero looking Mission-Es in Turbonit potentially exclusive to it, but they are not found anywhere on the configurator.

Porsche Taycan 🚨 2025 Taycan Officially Revealed! Specs, Wallpaper Photos, Videos & US Pricing 1707482348924

Last edited:

Jasper4S

First Name
Jasper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s ST
Country flag
My dealer just told that the Turbo GT will be announced on 28th February, with April/May build, and mid-year delivery. He also said the numbers will be limited. A ploy for jacking the price up maybe?
It is standard for all GT products right? You have to be a very loyal customer. With the current pricing of Turbo S Taycan, i’m most curious about pricing. It will be insane.

SergeyIndy

First Name
Sergey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
24 Macan GTS, 23 Taycan Turbo, 20 Cayenne Turbo,
Country flag
It is standard for all GT products right? You have to be a very loyal customer. With the current pricing of Turbo S Taycan, i’m most curious about pricing. It will be insane.
For the 718 and 911 range I understand it may be. However, for the Cayenne GT my dealer had slots and several they ordered for the lot to sell just like a regular car, no problem. I imagine for the Taycan GT it would depend on demand vs. limited number they will make and price probably close to $300K USD. I assume anyone who is considering a Turbo S and needs this level of power is not counting the difference from $250K to $350K as built to get the top dog but the giant GT wing is a bit too much. I will be following @KenR to see if he secures a GT or stays with Turbo S.

BJCanadaMax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cross Turismo, MINI SE, Toyota Prius
Country flag
yeah, i think that is more realistic next car than another Taycan. Will be interesting on the price.

Jonathan S.

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
tinyurl.com
Vehicles
'22 4CT, '22 Audi A6 Allroad, '23 BMW i4 M50
Country flag
The increased range will allow you to bypass a broken EA station and make it to the next broken EA station.

Nice improvements, but for me, charging is the 800 volt gorilla in the room.
Alas all too true re EA.
But the increased range will allow for many more trips while avoiding dependence on the woefully inadequate CCS1 infrastructure entirely.

JWreck

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
I like my fake-vent-less 22 4S CT still. Feels like more classy curves too overall on previous models. Longer range is nice to have but not necessary for me. A slight power bump wouldn’t be so bad though. Soft close doors are oddly the thing I’m most annoyed about - $140k and I’ve gotta close my doors myself?? Nice to see they improved that. 😝
Sponsored