Talisker

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 Turbo S, 20 Taycan Turbo, 23 Taycan Turbo S ST
Country flag
I used to have a Taycan Turbo and would get 240 miles at 100% and 200 miles at 85%. (Slight variation with temperature)

I moved to a Taycan ST Turbo S and I’m lucky to get 203 miles at 100% and 160 at 85%
Is anyone else getting better with a Turbo S ?

Porsche Taycan 100% Range on Taycan ST Turbo S IMG_5247
Sponsored

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I used to have a Taycan Turbo and would get 240 miles at 100% and 200 miles at 85%. (Slight variation with temperature)

I moved to a Taycan ST Turbo S and I’m lucky to get 203 miles at 100% and 160 at 85%
Is anyone else getting better with a Turbo S ?

IMG_5247.png
These readouts can be misleading.

What is your typical trip consumption - hiw many miles per kWh?

I'm getting 172 miles at 85% on my GTS ST which is poor but my consumption is around 2.6 mi/kWh which equates to 218 miles at 100%. Ambient is 3C - 9C which is having a noticeable effect.

Vim Schrotnock

First Name
Vim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTB1 Race Cayman, Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
I get over 300 miles (range setting) estimated on my 3-1/2 year old 40K mile Turbo S. As mentioned, this does need to be viewed in the proper context. The temperature affects the range estimates significantly, and the 300+ mile estimate needs to be at almost 70 deg F or higher ambient. Also it depends on your driving style. I do not use the brakes much at all - my Panamera GT went 100K miles on the original pads and rotors. I also have two replaced cells (out of 33) and I 'rebalance' my cells every few months (not sure if this contributes to the high mileage estimate or not). I can verify this estimate is accurate in my day-to-day driving, put will probably be less if I take a long trip at high speed (70mph+).

Porsche Taycan 100% Range on Taycan ST Turbo S IMG_5486.PNG

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I get over 300 miles (range setting) estimated on my 3-1/2 year old 40K mile Turbo S. As mentioned, this does need to be viewed in the proper context. The temperature affects the range estimates significantly, and the 300+ mile estimate needs to be at almost 70 deg F or higher ambient. Also it depends on your driving style. I do not use the brakes much at all - my Panamera GT went 100K miles on the original pads and rotors. I also have two replaced cells (out of 33) and I 'rebalance' my cells every few months (not sure if this contributes to the high mileage estimate or not). I can verify this estimate is accurate in my day-to-day driving, put will probably be less if I take a long trip at high speed (70mph+).

IMG_5486.PNG
What does your Trip data read for consumption?

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Good question. Over the past 6397 mi. I'm averaging 3.1 mi/kWh.
ok - that's a decent number and given the temperatures you enjoy is about right for the car (wheels etc). This equates to 260 miles (meaning the 300 miles on the guessometer is simply that - a guess!).

As you know there are many variables at play here and the guessometer provides a prediction skewed on how you last drove the car, temps, distance and so on as a prediction of how you will next drive the car.

Vim Schrotnock

First Name
Vim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
ok - that's a decent number and given the temperatures you enjoy is about right for the car (wheels etc). This equates to 260 miles (meaning the 300 miles on the guessometer is simply that - a guess!).

As you know there are many variables at play here and the guessometer provides a prediction skewed on how you last drove the car, temps, distance and so on as a prediction of how you will next drive the car.
The 260 miles is at fall/winter temperatures. Summer will be closer to the 300.

sandro73

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S
Country flag
There are a lot of differences between temperatures and the way you drive your car, but what I have seen is that the form factor plays a really big role in consumption! The cross and sport Turismo are getting much lower range vs the normal Taycan.

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
These readouts can be misleading.

What is your typical trip consumption - hiw many miles per kWh?

I'm getting 172 miles at 85% on my GTS ST which is poor but my consumption is around 2.6 mi/kWh which equates to 218 miles at 100%. Ambient is 3C - 9C which is having a noticeable effect.
I am confused by the “data” on the My Porsche app, some of it must be wrong.

I looked at my summary and it quotes 3.0 mi/kWh since new, but looking through individual journeys I have never seen a single one that good, the best was 2.8, with another 2.6 but normally between 1.6 and 2.4 so I have no idea where on earth an overall average of 3.0 could have come from and I definitely do not believe it.

I don’t slavishly follow the estimate since I plug in when I stop and have never tried to go a full battery capacity distance, but when I did consider driving a 226 mile trip without stopping (since the estimate was 100% 270 miles) before I had finished the, normally lower consumption, first half of the trip there was less estimated capacity left than there would have been had 270 been real so I plugged in anyway when I stopped for the toilet.

My guess is that whilst if I use its claimed consumption in the app my car may manage 3.0m/kWh in reality it is less.

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
There are a lot of differences between temperatures and the way you drive your car, but what I have seen is that the form factor plays a really big role in consumption! The cross and sport Turismo are getting much lower range vs the normal Taycan.
They have about 20% more drag based on their Cd and frontal area differences so will definitely be less efficient than the saloon with the difference being very different at higher speeds, drag is proportional to speed squared.

I knew the CT would be higher drag than saloon but was surprised by how much.

JAGMAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 CT4
Country flag
Vim Schrotnock, where did you get the 3.1 number? Asking because the in-car readout and app readout are quite incorrect on certain screens.

I average 2.3 winter and 2.7 summer.

Yaibal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S CT
Country flag

IMG_5486.PNG
What do you mean by rebalancing your cells? May I ask what prompted the replacement of two?

I asked my local dealer for a health report on my battery. They said no problem. A day later they called to tell me there was no way for them pull health data for the battery. I assume they don’t know what they are doing…. Typical unfortunately. But if there is a way to get this data accurately I’d love to know.

Vim Schrotnock

First Name
Vim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I learned about 'rebalancing' from the Porsche official battery technician, who was at the time one of 11 certified in the US. They flew him in from Atlanta to diagnose and fix my battery which was showing significantly reduced range and was discharging when sitting idle. He identified one cell that was probably bad from the start, and replaced another '...out of an abundance of caution...'.

My dealer gave me the opportunity to speak with him, and I learned quite a bit in the process, and have posted a number of times on what he told me. To summarize a few of the points that have been debated/questioned on this forum:

1. The battery chemistry has not changed at all since the original introduction.

2. It is good practice to 'rebalance' the cells every few months. This means, run the car down to 10-15% charge and let it sit overnight. Then recharge to 100%. I've done this 5-6 times, and have seen an increase in OBD indicated battery SOH to 94% from 92%.

3. The OBD SOH is an estimate, but is not completely accurate. A true SOH measurement needs to be done by the dealer, is quite expensive, and takes several days. Your dealer could do the measurement, but they would probably need to fly in one of the certified technicians, as my dealer did.

As the technician said, my 3-1/2 year old battery is as good as new, and I look forward to driving the car for another 3-1/2 years.

Vim Schrotnock

First Name
Vim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Vim Schrotnock, where did you get the 3.1 number? Asking because the in-car readout and app readout are quite incorrect on certain screens.

I average 2.3 winter and 2.7 summer.
Both car readout and app agree with 3.1mi/kWh. Here are the readouts:

Porsche Taycan 100% Range on Taycan ST Turbo S IMG_5531
Porsche Taycan 100% Range on Taycan ST Turbo S IMG_5532

JAGMAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 CT4
Country flag
Both car readout and app agree with 3.1mi/kWh. Here are the readouts:

IMG_5531.jpeg
IMG_5532.jpeg
Ok, that is helpful to see where your numbers are coming from. Unfortunately those numbers are not accurate on any Taycan as far as I can tell. My car shows the same 3.1mi/kWh number on those screens.

If you look at the individual trip numbers (since time, or since charging)you will see much lower numbers. Probably in the neighborhood of 2.3mi/kWh. If every trip is 2.3-2.7 the average cannot be 3.1.

Not sure how Porsche gets this mixed up. But discrepancies like this cause some owners to think they’re doing great and some to think that they have a problem.

The EPA range number of 78-80mpgE translated to approximately 2.3mi/kWh.