Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan, 2021 Macan S, 2024 Boxster S
Country flag
I own a 2021 Taycan Base

Love it

My sales advisor has offered me a May 2022 C4S Cross Turismo Build

Question.... is '22 significantly upgraded (interior, pano roof tint, mechanical uncoupling, etc)

Any thoughts on what's coming in 2023 ?

Thanks
Sponsored

02bluesuperroo

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan 4s
Country flag
Personally if you have one you’re happy with that works well ie no software issues then I would stick with what you’ve got. There doesn’t seem to be any significant upgrades and you might actually get one that’s worse as far as the PCM is concerned. You’re also not likely to get any kind of decent price right now either.

Alex74

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 CT (MY22)
Country flag
I own a 2021 Taycan Base

Love it

Question.... is '22 significantly upgraded (interior, pano roof tint, mechanical uncoupling, etc)

Thanks
Interior you’ll have the memory buttons that are matt instead of glossy.
if it’s a may 22 , normally you will have the new pcm,6.0 /p37 software with the coloured buttons on the center screen.
i have the pcm 6.0 /p36 software. Upgrade will come around summer.

smoothound

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT Turbo Acid Green PTS
Country flag
Just a guess, but I don't foresee any great advances for 2023 - a price hike of course - interest rates have already gone up in the UK - and likely will go up again ......

and maybe making some lesser options standard (like folding mirrors etc). Bigger change is more likely for MY24 (ie Sept 2023 on) IMHO.

tutis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche
Country flag
I vaguely remember something about Porsche having upgraded the battery thermal management for MY22 although can’t quite remember what it was exactly. It may have to do with better heat scavenging and increased winter range, and better battery cooling under high performance scenarios.

Probably not worth the upgrade unless you’re also getting options or higher trim you may have missed out on.

Genau

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag

One small consideration in the U.S.: for a 2022 delivery, it appears certain you will receive the $7500 federal income tax credit. After 2022, it appears less likely that an expensive, imported EV will qualify for the tax credit.

gnop1950

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4s
Country flag
I vaguely remember something about Porsche having upgraded the battery thermal management for MY22 although can’t quite remember what it was exactly. It may have to do with better heat scavenging and increased winter range, and better battery cooling under high performance scenarios.

Probably not worth the upgrade unless you’re also getting options or higher trim you may have missed out on.
They talk about it in the announcement: https://www.porsche.com/usa/aboutpo...lude the integration,first time on the Taycan. I'm not sure if the thermal management improvements include hardware or just software upgrades. If software those may permit upgrading older models.

erhand25

First Name
Erhan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
This car just came out recently, idk what you expect to happen or what kinda upgrades to arrive just in few months.

Foreal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
i8 roadster
Country flag
One small consideration in the U.S.: for a 2022 delivery, it appears certain you will receive the $7500 federal income tax credit. After 2022, it appears less likely that an expensive, imported EV will qualify for the tax credit.
I thought this expired at end of 2021? This would be great news since I have a 22 on the way

courbcyr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Turbo MY22
Country flag
Interior you’ll have the memory buttons that are matt instead of glossy.
if it’s a may 22 , normally you will have the new pcm,6.0 /p37 software with the coloured buttons on the center screen.
i have the pcm 6.0 /p36 software. Upgrade will come around summer.
Hi Alex, I too have a MY22 with 6.0/p36. My dealer has no idea when or how the upgrade will happen. Where did you hear about summer? Thanks!

tbinmd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4, 991.2 GT3
Country flag
I thought this expired at end of 2021? This would be great news since I have a 22 on the way
Nope, it did not expire, stays in effect until Congress does something different, or Porsche sells 200k EV's.

Alex74

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 CT (MY22)
Country flag
Hi Alex, I too have a MY22 with 6.0/p36. My dealer has no idea when or how the upgrade will happen. Where did you hear about summer? Thanks!
Hi, i heared this by dealer and importer, during my meeting with them.
tomorrow afternoon i have a new meeting with them. I’ll ask for more information.
keep you posted.
Sponsored