4S CT allocation secured. Feedback requested from current Taycan owners

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera Sport Turismo 4S
Country flag
Greetings! This will be a daily driver for me and I have to 4 seasons to contend with….as well as roads that are not great.

My goal is awesome ride quality most of the time and great handling capability on occasion while being somewhat discrete.

http://www.porsche-code.com/PN1TLN93

My current car is a Panamera S/T and its a great car on the road for 3 seasons (but not great for winter)….so this is my reference point.

Interested in any build feedback from current owners.

thanks!
Sponsored

fgwinn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY22 FBM CT4 (sold), MY23 EQS 450 4Matic SUV
Country flag
.....My current car is a Panamera S/T and its a great car on the road for 3 seasons (but not great for winter)….so this is my reference point......
I drove my daily driver MY22 CT4 for 20 miles on narrow snow and ice covered gravel roads in Vermont last month. The car handled very well in Gravel mode. Of course, I reduced speed considerably to minimize the chances of sliding over the edge of the road down a mountain. I am confident that you will be more than satisfied with the Winter driving performance of your 4S CT.

OP
OP
RAHRCR

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I drove my daily driver MY22 CT4 for 20 miles on narrow snow and ice covered gravel roads in Vermont last month. The car handled very well in Gravel mode. Of course, I reduced speed considerably to minimize the chances of sliding over the edge of the road down a mountain. I am confident that you will be more than satisfied with the Winter driving performance of your 4S CT.
Thanks for the help. A couple of questions:
Are you on 20 or 21” wheels? All season?
Do you have the off-road package and do you find it helpful in snow or does the snow pile up on the plastic fins?

fgwinn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY22 FBM CT4 (sold), MY23 EQS 450 4Matic SUV
Country flag
Thanks for the help. A couple of questions:
Are you on 20 or 21” wheels? All season?
Do you have the off-road package and do you find it helpful in snow or does the snow pile up on the plastic fins?
I had 19" Pirelli PZERO Winter tires installed by the dealer when I took delivery in November. The Winter tires are much more quiet than I expected. I do not have the off-road package. I have not driven in unplowed snow yet so can't provide any feedback with regard to snow build up in the "grille" area.

One thing I did notice while driving on Interstate highways in Winter conditions is that the front and roof of the car stay fairly clean. But the rear, from the spoiler down to the bumper, attracts road grime like a magnet.

OP
OP
RAHRCR

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I had 19" Pirelli PZERO Winter tires installed by the dealer when I took delivery in November. The Winter tires are much more quiet than I expected. I do not have the off-road package. I have not driven in unplowed snow yet so can't provide any feedback with regard to snow build up in the "grille" area.

One thing I did notice while driving on Interstate highways in Winter conditions is that the front and roof of the car stay fairly clean. But the rear, from the spoiler down to the bumper, attracts road grime like a magnet.
A 19” winter tire is probably as good as it gets for winter performance. I doubt I can achieve that level with 20” all seasons but hopefully it will be good enough. Thanks for your feedback. Much appreciated.

OP
OP
RAHRCR

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Greetings! This will be a daily driver for me and I have to 4 seasons to contend with….as well as roads that are not great.

My goal is awesome ride quality most of the time and great handling capability on occasion while being somewhat discrete.

http://www.porsche-code.com/PN1TLN93

My current car is a Panamera S/T and its a great car on the road for 3 seasons (but not great for winter)….so this is my reference point.

Interested in any build feedback from current owners.

thanks!
Looking for any other feedback on this build before my freeze.

Thanks.

Tsingtao

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toucan RWD
Country flag
For true all season motoring, most peeps on this site recommend dedicated winter and summer rubber. I've also seen posts from people with the sport aero wheels complaining that they collect snow/ice chunks inside under some winter conditions. You may therefore want to consider running on winter tires in combination with the Offroad (open) design wheels from Nov through March and then spec summer rubber for your sport aero wheels. Both are 20 inch which IMHO provide the best balance of comfort, handling and appearance. But even as it stands, your spec is fantastic. Only thing really worth deleting is the 400kW charger (unless you either plan to drive to Europe or believe that Elon Musk will open up his superchargers to the masses).

OP
OP
RAHRCR

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
For true all season motoring, most peeps on this site recommend dedicated winter and summer rubber. I've also seen posts from people with the sport aero wheels complaining that they collect snow/ice chunks inside under some winter conditions. You may therefore want to consider running on winter tires in combination with the Offroad (open) design wheels from Nov through March and then spec summer rubber for your sport aero wheels. Both are 20 inch which IMHO provide the best balance of comfort, handling and appearance. But even as it stands, your spec is fantastic. Only thing really worth deleting is the 400kW charger (unless you either plan to drive to Europe or believe that Elon Musk will open up his superchargers to the masses).
That is great feedback on the tires. Thank you. I was attempting to future proof with the charger but your point is well taken there as well.
Sponsored