AnhMinh85

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 718 Cayman S
Country flag
Hello all, this is my first time posting on here, so go easy on me. I just put a deposit down on a ’24 Taycan 4S Yay!!!! Super excited! Estimated October delivery date, and I would love some advice on the build. My car before this one was a 2018 718 Cayman S that I also built. I made the mistake of not showing anyone the build because I thought I knew what I was doing, so this time around I’m going to get some feedback. I am in the Dallas, TX area, and I mainly will be using this car for daily commute to work and taking and picking up kids from school. I have other vehicles that would be used for long trips and traveling. I’ve basically divided up the options I picked into 3 categories; need, want, and totally unnecessary but still getting.

https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRWVQF53

Need:

Exterior color: Ice Grey Metallic

Wheels: 21’’ Mission E Wheels – I’ve considered getting these painted in exterior color, but wouldn’t the base silver look so similar to the ice grey? What would be the advantage of getting it painted?

All season tires – Are these needed? It doesn’t get that cold in Dallas except for 1 month or so. Would it be better to get summer tires?

Interior color: Leather Black/Chalk

Rear 2+1 seats – I have 3 kids so I think this is needed

Premium Package

Technology Package – I think ACC is a must

PSCB with caliphers in white – comes with Mission E Wheels

Advanced 4 Zone Climate – with 3 kids in the back

Performance Battery Plus – I think this is needed

Want:

Exterior window trim in high gloss

Rear Axle Steering – I originally didn’t put this on, but I’ve read on here that this option is really useful

Porsche Electric Sport Sound

Sport Chrono Package with Subsecond Clock – I do want the sport chrono package for the sport plus mode. The subsecond clock puts such a classic feel to the car.

Panoramic Roof with Variable Light control – My kids hate the sun in their face, so I think this will better help with it

Interior Trim in Carbon Fiber – Saw this on a car at the dealership and looked very nice

Heated GT Sport Steering Wheel

Totally Unnecessary but still getting:

Under door puddle light

Porsche Crest on Headrests

Power Charge Port Cover – I know, unnecessary. But I do think it looks very cool

I did not include:

150kW/400V DC Charger – I read this is recommended for Telsa charging stations in the future? But I don’t really plan on being that far away from home with this car.

What do you guys think? Any obvious flaws with the build? Or did I put too much options and should take some off? TIA!
Sponsored

Tooney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Nice build.
Strongly suggest you include the 150kw/400v DC charger. You may not want/need to use it, but I'd consider it a future-proofing feature.
Options are a matter of choice and taste. You have options, like remote parking and powered charge port doors, that I would not want to pay for, but you do you.

Uknown

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S MY20
Country flag
Sweet!
I really wanted and stuck with 20inch wheels because I was worried about ride and flats. Really enjoy the 20s.

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
Hello all, this is my first time posting on here, so go easy on me. I just put a deposit down on a ’24 Taycan 4S Yay!!!! Super excited! Estimated October delivery date, and I would love some advice on the build. My car before this one was a 2018 718 Cayman S that I also built. I made the mistake of not showing anyone the build because I thought I knew what I was doing, so this time around I’m going to get some feedback. I am in the Dallas, TX area, and I mainly will be using this car for daily commute to work and taking and picking up kids from school. I have other vehicles that would be used for long trips and traveling. I’ve basically divided up the options I picked into 3 categories; need, want, and totally unnecessary but still getting.

Need:

Wheels: 21’’ Mission E Wheels – I’ve considered getting these painted in exterior color, but wouldn’t the base silver look so similar to the ice grey? What would be the advantage of getting it painted?

All season tires – Are these needed? It doesn’t get that cold in Dallas except for 1 month or so. Would it be better to get summer tires?

Premium Package

Want:

Rear Axle Steering – I originally didn’t put this on, but I’ve read on here that this option is really useful

Sport Chrono Package with Subsecond Clock – I do want the sport chrono package for the sport plus mode. The subsecond clock puts such a classic feel to the car.

Panoramic Roof with Variable Light control – My kids hate the sun in their face, so I think this will better help with it

Interior Trim in Carbon Fiber – Saw this on a car at the dealership and looked very nice

Under door puddle light

Power Charge Port Cover – I know, unnecessary. But I do think it looks very cool

I did not include:

150kW/400V DC Charger – I read this is recommended for Telsa charging stations in the future? But I don’t really plan on being that far away from home with this car.

What do you guys think? Any obvious flaws with the build? Or did I put too much options and should take some off? TIA!
get the $460 400V/150 kW charger - it saves time and you'll want to drive the Taycan more than you realize - it's also not available as a retrofit - and the future is _NOW_ superchargers are already open to CCS vehicles and more reliable and plentiful.

if you need to keep the price the same drop the Electric Sports sound and save $40 on the build cost.

I'd consider the massage seats it's honestly the only reason not to go with 18 ways…

thermal noise glass? makes a quiet car even quieter.

$130 for the dash cam prep is cheap/easy

I like my mirrors to be all one color - personal choice

the Porsche clock is super super super nice - but you can save $1120 just going with the Sport Chronograph package and add in the $500 savings from the sports sound that more than pays for the 400V/150 kW option...

but it's a good build with none of my suggested alternatives - enjoy!!

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD, 1989 911 Carrera
Country flag
Love my Mission E without the body paint. I think maybe the white on Mission E works to look like the concept car, but do not like it otherwise. And the PSCB are bigger than the steel ones and look great in white.

FL here and have the summer tires.

Yes to PB+ expensive, but I think it is good to have.

Sport Chrono breaks up the big dash, looks like most Porsche, gives you the dial on the steering wheel to spin to your individual drive modes.

I love my Electric Sound. Was $500, so pretty cheap.

Get the window trim in body color and the lower part of the mirrors painted (mine is matte black, but I missed those two options HATE the chrome).

Get your Puddle lights afterwards. Can get them cheaper and install in about 5 minutes.

I have used my third seatbelt in the rear quite a bit so I feel it was s good choice. Not sure you need the climate control back there though.

Is the steering wheel a different wheel when heated? No need for a heated steering wheel in FL, but maybe the wheel is nicer.

Power charging door is a neat gimmick. People love that feature. Guys here say its something that will break, but anything can break. It keeps the rocks from getting in there as the vent gets enclosed for the mechanicals for the door.

I did the front headrests with the logo.

Not sure it is an option, but I had my dealer swap the amber sidemarker for clear (they look amber in the picture as the headlights are on in the pic).
Porsche Taycan '24 Taycan 4S build feedback TaycanPorsche

trogger

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Golf R; Taycan wannabe (4S CT on order)
Country flag
Did you mean to leave off "Wheel Center Caps with Colored Porsche Crest"? Could make the look more coherent, since the car is otherwise monochrome, but my first Porsche had the black and white caps and they always looked like someone was just a bit cheap when building.

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Love my Mission E without the body paint. I think maybe the white on Mission E works to look like the concept car, but do not like it otherwise. And the PSCB are bigger than the steel ones and look great in white.

FL here and have the summer tires.

Yes to PB+ expensive, but I think it is good to have.

Sport Chrono breaks up the big dash, looks like most Porsche, gives you the dial on the steering wheel to spin to your individual drive modes.

I love my Electric Sound. Was $500, so pretty cheap.

Get the window trim in body color and the lower part of the mirrors painted (mine is matte black, but I missed those two options HATE the chrome).

Get your Puddle lights afterwards. Can get them cheaper and install in about 5 minutes.

I have used my third seatbelt in the rear quite a bit so I feel it was s good choice. Not sure you need the climate control back there though.

Is the steering wheel a different wheel when heated? No need for a heated steering wheel in FL, but maybe the wheel is nicer.

Power charging door is a neat gimmick. People love that feature. Guys here say its something that will break, but anything can break. It keeps the rocks from getting in there as the vent gets enclosed for the mechanicals for the door.

I did the front headrests with the logo.

Not sure it is an option, but I had my dealer swap the amber sidemarker for clear (they look amber in the picture as the headlights are on in the pic).
TaycanPorsche.jpg
can not order clear side indicated from factory for US vehicle's but it's an easy swap and many people do it - part is easily available and highly recommended.

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD, 1989 911 Carrera
Country flag
can not order clear side indicated from factory for US vehicle's but it's an easy swap and many people do it - part is easily available and highly recommended.
I agree. My dealer did it no cost for me. Suncoast sells them and its an easy install. Gets rid of a color that does not appear anywhere else on the car.

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera Sport Turismo 4S
Country flag

Need:

Premium Package

Want:

Under door puddle light

I did not include:

If you can manage an extended test drive which includes the 3 kids, I would strongly recommend. Taycan is not ideal for this use case.

I wont weigh in on options as there are many opinions flowing on this already.

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
If you can manage an extended test drive which includes the 3 kids, I would strongly recommend. Taycan is not ideal for this use case.

I wont weigh in on options as there are many opinions flowing on this already.
correct the "Middle" seat stretches the definition of "seat" - I mostly recommend the 2+1 option because it gets you a different arrangement for the split fold down which I personally prefer (40/20/40)…

3 people in the back is no bueno even if they are children.

SergeyIndy

First Name
Sergey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
24 Macan GTS, 23 Taycan Turbo, 20 Cayenne Turbo,
Country flag
Welcome @AnhMinh85, and happy to see someone actually building a new one instead of waiting on one. My build is similar in color choices, so let me provide my rationale where you might benefit.

Need:

>> Love the color but recommend you looking at it in person as some mention they do not like it going flat white in bright conditions, but for me, that is what I like about it. I chose it after looking at it and driving one for a few days to make it the choice.

>> Ran into the same decision and went for Painted in Exterior color as a no compromise choice. Yes, there is a similarity, but it is off in person, if you want it to look right. Some do not mind the difference as the standard wheel is Brilliant Silver officially and tends to chip and fade extensively as I observed on the lot vehicles with not that many miles. My plan is to PPF the body colored areas.

>> Lots of discussion on this, so others would advise better. I am not in the area where I could have summers all the time so I went with all seasons for multiple reasons even if I could go with summers. Summers are stickier but do not last long. All Seasons do not seem to have much compromise on handling and last longer.

>> This is my choice as well. However, my preference to complete the look is Chalk seat belts and having full Chalk interior on the Cayenne with Chalk belts, there is no evidence that this combo gets dirty or hard to clean, so everyone assumes going for black. Also, headrest crests are good touch. I also added Exterior accents for the interior to paint the door accents in Ice Grey.

>> I skipped that option as that seat is too small and breaks up the symmetry, however, there is a benefit to you to fit 3 kids on the back buckled up plus a center can open independently for pass through. I get it, but I do not need it.

Premium Package
>> Yes to that.

>> Yes to that for the package cost of options in total.

PSCB with calipers in white – comes with Mission E Wheels
>> Yes, that is correct

>> Yes for me for the purposes of the look and ability to control footwell temp. Otherwise, with standard 2 Zone, that is not possible.

>> Lots of discussion about this, I would let others do the advising. There are many differences between PB and PB+ so you need to look at all of them and decide if PB+ is worth it beyond just the range that you get. I can just mention a few: weight, charge rate, capacity, range, cost, resale value, resale attractiveness.

Want:

>> No opinion on that as I am a classic Silver trim around windows person

>> This is a must for me and with this wide and long car even parking in/out of a comfortable garage or parking at the store is a benefit, among many others. I have it on the Cayenne and get the benefit or low or high speed.

>> Personal choice, can be added later as a FOD

>> Chose that as well for the classic look. Comparable wrist watch is many times more, so seemed like a give away by Porche standards for the price.

>> BIG NO NO. I strongly advise you to reconsider. Yes the roof is not as dark as it should be, and Yes, there is no motorized shade but my solution is a removable Groovy shade or you can tint it more. I was a witness of a customer having it, that immediately malfunctioned with one of the panels not turning off, required long ordeal to replace as risk of this is very high. You can go for it, but if one panel malfunctions, then they will have to replace the roof.

>> Personal choice, go for it!

>> GT heated or not is a must for me. The standard is too thin and too hard for me that my hands hurt after driving a loaner with it for 750 miles over 2 days, but at the end, personal preference.

Under door puddle light
>> No for me, you can get them cheaper at SunCoast and have the originals to go back to if you do not like them

>> Yes for me

>> Yes for me for the look and function, however, this closes out the vent at the rear of the wheel well with pros/cons to that, so look into that if having that vent open is important to you.

I did not include:

>> Cheap option and a must have in my opinion as a backup since home or EA stations may go down and Tesla somehow is up and running and saving everyone, especially in TX.

>> My build code is in the signature so you can look at other choices I made for cosmetic reasons such as Gloss Black base on the Mirrors as just in Black looks plastic and it is staring at you when you are driving.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
My advice is to take a look at some slightly used CPOs as in this market you can probably find a loaded 4s or turbo and save a ton of $$$. Especially as you’ll be hauling kids around, the first scratches, spills, vomits, won’t be as painful as it is on a pristine new car.

RingoDingo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I'm in a similar boat to you. Living in Texas, using the car as my daily and occasionally taking my kids places (3 under the age of 11)

All season tires – Are these needed? It doesn’t get that cold in Dallas except for 1 month or so. Would it be better to get summer tires? [DO NOT NEED ALL SEASON, ESP WITH AWD]

Rear 2+1 seats – I have 3 kids so I think this is needed. [YES, THESE WORK FINE FOR SHORT TRIPS.]

Premium Package. [I'D SKIP PANO AND GET INDIVIDUALLY]

Technology Package – I think ACC is a must.

PSCB with caliphers in white – comes with Mission E Wheels. [OVERKILL IF YOU'RE NOT TRACKING THE CAR, BUT ITS ALL ABOUT THE LOOK]

Advanced 4 Zone Climate – with 3 kids in the back. [FOR SHORT TRIPS<, NOT NEC., BUT IF IT MAKES YOU HAPPY, etc.]

Performance Battery Plus – I think this is needed. [NOT NEEDED, BUT NTH ESP RELATIVE TO MANY OF THE OTHER NICE TO HAVES YOU'VE SELECTED]

Want:

Exterior window trim in high gloss [AGREED]

Rear Axle Steering – I originally didn’t put this on, but I’ve read on here that this option is really useful [I'd GET IT]

Porsche Electric Sport Sound [WHY NOT, IF IT MAKES YOU HAPPY]

Sport Chrono Package with Subsecond Clock – I do want the sport chrono package for the sport plus mode. The subsecond clock puts such a classic feel to the car. [GET THE CLOCK IF IT MAKES YOU HAPPY]

Panoramic Roof with Variable Light control – My kids hate the sun in their face, so I think this will better help with it. [I'D NOT GET THE PANO ROOF AT ALL IF I HAD TO DO IT AGAIN]

Under door puddle light

Porsche Crest on Headrests. [IF IT MAKES YOU HAPPY]

Power Charge Port Cover – I know, unnecessary. But I do think it looks very cool. [LOVE MINE]

mystermykee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 IGM
Country flag
My advice is to take a look at some slightly used CPOs as in this market you can probably find a loaded 4s or turbo and save a ton of $$$. Especially as you’ll be hauling kids around, the first scratches, spills, vomits, won’t be as painful as it is on a pristine new car.
^ this. Even though my '22 was used with only 1800 miles when I bought it, I felt like I bought it a year too early. OP, my build is very similar to yours and heavily optioned (almost everything except for ACC/tech package/carbons). Options total came out to about 46k.

If I would have waited a year and bought around this time, I could've had a slightly used Turbo for the price I paid a year ago.
Sponsored

Reactions: 007