Bobzilla

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Merc Vito
Country flag
There are 16 ahead of me on the GTS list. A couple of months ago, they got 1 allocation. Last month it was 5. I reckon back end of 2023 for collection. Maybe mid October as a nice birthday treat...
Sponsored

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS Sport Turismo (2023)
Country flag
There are 16 ahead of me on the GTS list. A couple of months ago, they got 1 allocation. Last month it was 5. I reckon back end of 2023 for collection. Maybe mid October as a nice birthday treat...
When did you drop your deposit?

I dropped mine in early Feb, and am 11th on list, so expecting a call possibly next month or Feb, delivery around May.

OP
OP

Bobzilla

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Merc Vito
Country flag
Yesterday. First day my dealership was open after Christmas.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Hi, I ordered a 4s back in August, and options come to about £30k. I've now realised that a GTS with those options would only be £5k more.

Should I talk to my dealer (Chester) about going GTS now? What's difference in setup between the two? And does it go to the £10k order deposit?
GTS is probably preferred by most if there's a choice and specked similarly.

Do you prefer the black accents?

Lead time may be greater.

Same deposit.

Blind folded you may not notice a difference in day to day use.

4S is a tremendous car regardless but don't overload with options if this is a private purchase and / or resale matters.

plumandreal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
718 GT4
Country flag
GTS is probably preferred by most if there's a choice and specked similarly.

Same deposit.

Blind folded you may not notice a difference in day to day use.

4S is a tremendous car regardless but don't overload with options if this is a private purchase and / or resale matters.
I feel that the difference is greater than the simple specs make out. (Although that does seem to be something agreed by many) . I've had 2 years in a 4S, and near 2 months in the GTS. I am surprised at how much stronger the GTS feels than my old 4S (It also had the big battery). Overall, it has exceeded my expectations and feels quicker than I expected it would.

P.S. Matt black RS spyder wheels are so much better on dirty UK roads!! :)

OJC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S CT (for sale), Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
Just been into my dealer, who has offered me £100k for my 4S ST and a end of March build slot for a GTS ST, so I just had to say yes.
I’m sure you won’t regret it!

Out of interest, have the dealers committed to honouring the £100k trade in value at point of the GTS delivery or is that offer simply todays price?

DavidG

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
I’m sure you won’t regret it!

Out of interest, have the dealers committed to honouring the £100k trade in value at point of the GTS delivery or is that offer simply todays price?
No, that’s todays price, hopefully it won’t go down too much.

Raphie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4s (21)
Country flag
These prices mean nothing, unless they are committed in a signed purchase agreement.
they are dangling the carrot….

snb7x

First Name
Bertie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Porsche Macan S, Z4 3.0i Conv, VW Golf & Taycan Turbo (awaited)
Country flag
These prices mean nothing, unless they are committed in a signed purchase agreement.
they are dangling the carrot….
Pay the deposit and say nothing and then hold your ground once the new car comes in (List price for GTS you spec less £100k offer for your trade in 4S) and don’t budge! (That would be my stance)

Best of luck as it sounds a great opportunity to get the 4S swapped out to the GTS in ST body style and little of no wait compared to most dealership lead times.

Throb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi R8 V10, Taycan GTS ST, BMW 330e, MB C-Class
Country flag
No, that’s todays price, hopefully it won’t go down too much.
I've never heard of this, ever. Any trade-in price is based on when you take delivery of the new car, otherwise the price they give you is completely meaningless. Hell, they could have said £150K if it's based on today but you're not taking delivery for a while! It's heavily in favour of the dealer as it makes you more likely to accept a low-ball offer when you eventually do the deal.
Sponsored