ghorwood

First Name
Giles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Awaiting ST GTS
Country flag
Just awaiting delivery of my ST GTS hopefully in October...so looking to sort out my home charger. I am thinking of going with Octopus Intelligent, just trying to work out what charger to get.

Should I get the Ohme charger so that it works with OI, although I know that OI now works Taycans directly. My thinking is if I have the Ohme I could charge other vehicles via OI. But when I move to OI would I be best selecting the car or the charger as part of the onboarding to OI?

Seen the threads about some of the challenges with OI and the Taycan so wondering if having an Ohme may help...or make it worse...

Or am I overthinking it and should I get another charger altogether?

Any suggestions are appreciated.
Sponsored

Ross

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS - Audi Etron
Country flag
My Pod Point works perfectly.
Pod point were good to deal with from planning to fit to usage.

Hanny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S Carmine Red
Country flag
I had the Ohme Home Pro just installed, my research lead me to Ohme as it seemed most flexible for majority of elect suppliers. Slightly diff considerats for those with solar, I don’t. Am with Octopus. I think I saw someone was selling a new Anderson unit which is one of the high price tag units - might be a deal to be had?

Anderson for sale

MrB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S and Fiat 500e La Prima
Country flag
Another vote for Ohme. Works seamlessly with OI and our Taycan and Fiat 500 EVs. Ohme just thinks it’s always charging the Taycan as it’s got the bigger of the two batteries so the Fiat is always ready a little sooner than the Ohme thinks it will be. Absolutely painless.

IainW

First Name
Iain
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
Ohme is the only charger that integrates with IO, OVO Anytime and all Time of Use tariffs, so future proofed if you ever want to switch supplier in the future.

OP
OP

ghorwood

First Name
Giles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Awaiting ST GTS
Country flag
Thanks for the replies, think I will go Ohme.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Just awaiting delivery of my ST GTS hopefully in October...so looking to sort out my home charger. I am thinking of going with Octopus Intelligent, just trying to work out what charger to get.

Should I get the Ohme charger so that it works with OI, although I know that OI now works Taycans directly. My thinking is if I have the Ohme I could charge other vehicles via OI. But when I move to OI would I be best selecting the car or the charger as part of the onboarding to OI?

Seen the threads about some of the challenges with OI and the Taycan so wondering if having an Ohme may help...or make it worse...

Or am I overthinking it and should I get another charger altogether?

Any suggestions are appreciated.
Which EVSE are you getting with the car? Why not use that? Connectivity is normally to the car and a smart meter on the board. As long as the car is contactable the remote management of charging by the provider is device agnostic (if not avoid it). OVO works very well (I have the Porsche Mobile Charger Connect (PMCC)) and is not prescriptive above EVSE used for example as it is not controlling it (control to the car, the car controls the charging (this is where the AC charger actually resides) and communicates via your charging cable to your EVSE (which unfortunately everyone refers to as "the charger" (which it isn't)).
Sponsored