First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan turbo S
Country flag
Hi y’all,

Since this is my first post, I’ll start with a little introduction: my name is Dylan van der Steen, and daily drive my 2021 Taycan turbo S in the Netherlands.

I just came home from the Nurburgring, and on my way home the max speed of my car in “range” mode went from 140kph, to 90kph, which I don’t like! I don’t know why and/or how this happened, but that’s not what I’m worried about

I wanted to change this when I got home, which is supposed to be possible. I checked the manual, yt vids and other threads, but for some reason I get different options when I go:
“Vehicle -> driving -> …”

Normally, there’s supposed to be an option called “range drive mode configuration”, but it doesn’t show this in my car. It only shows “individual drive mode configuration” and “vehicle settings. 2 out of the 3 options, and I need that third one!

Does anyone know why this is the case and what to do? Thanks!

Porsche Taycan Can’t change max speed in range mode IMG_0096

Porsche Taycan Can’t change max speed in range mode IMG_0097

anonymouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Sport Turismo
Country flag
But isn’t that kind of the point of range mode? It cripples various things including climate and speed so you save battery.
I never use range mode - it’s not what a Porsche is for :)

OP
OP
DylanvdSteen

DylanvdSteen

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan turbo S
Country flag
But isn’t that kind of the point of range mode? It cripples various things including climate and speed so you save battery.
I never use range mode - it’s not what a Porsche is for :)
That second point is fair, but if I’m driving quite far it does help quite a bit!

about the first part: yeah it’s the point, but you’re supposed to be able to change it from 90 to 140kph… I prefer the later option for the ACC😂

FredC057

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan S, Fiat 500Ce, Taycan Cross Turismo 4S
Country flag
Did you have a destination entered in the PCM nagivation gps?
It does that when you will not reach your destination at 140km/h.
I changed mine to 150km/h when a destination is entered and i arrive with enough %.
Check the menu when you are in range mode AND a destination is entered, the possibility should appear.

OP
OP
DylanvdSteen

DylanvdSteen

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan turbo S
Country flag
Perhaps the lower limit is a national penance for NL having inflicted that horrible 100km/hr speed limit on those of us travelling through on the way back from Germany… :). It is now a very tedious journey! :)
Lol, when I came back from Germany yesterday it felt like driving 30kph, absolutely hate it! But no, it didn’t change because of national limits, it used to be at 140kph

OP
OP
DylanvdSteen

DylanvdSteen

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan turbo S
Country flag
Did you have a destination entered in the PCM nagivation gps?
It does that when you will not reach your destination at 140km/h.
I changed mine to 150km/h when a destination is entered and i arrive with enough %.
Check the menu when you are in range mode AND a destination is entered, the possibility should appear.
I’ll check that when I get back home!

sufcrusher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 996 Turbo, 968, 951S, 931
Country flag
It is influenced by navigation, but as far as I can tell, it's also part voodoo and some randomness.

It's usually 140 or 150 km/h for me, but sometimes it drops down to 120 or even lower. Sometimes not for a good reason.

OP
OP
DylanvdSteen

DylanvdSteen

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan turbo S
Country flag
UPDATE:

I changed absolutely nothing, but when I got in my car this afternoon, I could change the speed again… really weird but it worked out in the end I guess 😂

Thanks for the replies guys, appreciate it

Reactions: Gru

Vikram

First Name
Vikram
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
Hi y’all,

Since this is my first post, I’ll start with a little introduction: my name is Dylan van der Steen, and daily drive my 2021 Taycan turbo S in the Netherlands.

I just came home from the Nurburgring, and on my way home the max speed of my car in “range” mode went from 140kph, to 90kph, which I don’t like! I don’t know why and/or how this happened, but that’s not what I’m worried about

I wanted to change this when I got home, which is supposed to be possible. I checked the manual, yt vids and other threads, but for some reason I get different options when I go:
“Vehicle -> driving -> …”

Normally, there’s supposed to be an option called “range drive mode configuration”, but it doesn’t show this in my car. It only shows “individual drive mode configuration” and “vehicle settings. 2 out of the 3 options, and I need that third one!

Does anyone know why this is the case and what to do? Thanks!

IMG_0096.png

IMG_0097.jpeg
I had the same problem on a recent long trip. Here’s the workaround. If you use the trip planner and select range mode, it will auto set the max speed and you can’t change it. I cancelled navigation through the Taycan’s nav and used Apple CarPlay / Apple Maps. I then turned on range mode and could set the max speed. In other words, if you are using the planner with range mode, you can’t set the max speed.

Geno911

First Name
Grigore
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
grey 2016 Porsche 911 Turbo
Country flag
I had the same problem on a recent long trip. Here’s the workaround. If you use the trip planner and select range mode, it will auto set the max speed and you can’t change it. I cancelled navigation through the Taycan’s nav and used Apple CarPlay / Apple Maps. I then turned on range mode and could set the max speed. In other words, if you are using the planner with range mode, you can’t set the max speed.
Seems like a logical system in place, I mean you would want to have the maximum range without sacrifacing too much speed..

illini_sf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
I had a fun surprise today when my max speed decided to reset itself to 55 mph from the 85mph it is usually at. When I switched over to range mode at ~ 70mph from "Normal" I found my Taycan to start decelerating, almost causing me to get rear ended.

The menu option was missing, and it magically re-appeared a few hours later. I will be sending Porsche a nicely worded email.

BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S, Range Rover Sport
Country flag
I had a fun surprise today when my max speed decided to reset itself to 55 mph from the 85mph it is usually at. When I switched over to range mode at ~ 70mph from "Normal" I found my Taycan to start decelerating, almost causing me to get rear ended.

The menu option was missing, and it magically re-appeared a few hours later. I will be sending Porsche a nicely worded email.
Surely if you've got your range speed set to 85mph, you may as well be in normal? All you'll save is 1 or 2 miles and the car will be lowered in normal at the speed anyway?

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag

Is it perhaps influenced by the sat nav destination and the required charge at destination parameter?
Then when no destination is set it may come back.

I noticed it once on a journey where I was bored and tried range mode, the one other time I tried it I noticed the limit was 85mph and the second it was 65mph, I just went back to normal.
I am far from experienced though I have only ever used range mode whan bored and probably only travelled a mile or two in range mode since range isn't a problem in my use.
Sponsored