Does anyone actually use launch control?

Leverage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
I used it 4 times. Two times with a friend 2 days ago. He asked me to do it but he didn't feel well after lol (and it's only the 4s). He had to drink a coke because his stomach was upside down lol
Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Have Turbo S since January. Haven't launch controlled it – or even driven it in Sports Plus mode yet! Why did I buy one again? :)
You’re taking extra good care of it for the next owner :)

I used launch control a few times to show friends. But just bought new tires so will be taking it easy for a while.

BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S, Range Rover Sport
Country flag

Porsche-Guru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M4, BMW 535, Taycan 4S
Country flag
I imagine that is a 'once the warranty has expired' upgrade, though wonder if it would also nullify the battery warranty too?

On plus side, not sure if it's reportable to insurers (as mine at least) is based on the max HP of the car, which is its launch number.
From what I have learnt about it....
It does not appear in any logs or diagnostic info.... so the warranty should be fine.

However, as has been the case for tuning performance cars for many decades....
"Only tune your car if you are prepared to accept that the manufacturer will void the warranty".

The HGP guys claim that it is not picked up by Porsche diagnostics... as it does not change any parameters, only unlocks the barrier.
The only thing possibly detectable is that the module was removed.

That too perhaps can be remedied by taking the car to HGP, Germany and get it done there... and then it is as undetectable as it ever will be.

*Tunes are always at the owners risk* - but that hasn't stopped people from tuning their cars for decades.

Insurance should not be an issue... (as you have clearly stated)... it does not change the power of the car.

BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S, Range Rover Sport
Country flag
Insurance should not be an issue... (as you have clearly stated)... it does not change the power of the car.
Yep, might qualify os a modification though! I suspect you only find out when you crash into a car transporter full of Bugattis, and the insurance company starts to wriggle!

JohnPM

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 Cross Turismo
Country flag
Never mind the launch control, has anyone found the stop control yet? Would be nice to have a brake pedal that doesn't feel like a bouncy castle. :)

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
It does not appear in any logs or diagnostic info.... so the warranty should be fine.

"Only tune your car if you are prepared to accept that the manufacturer will void the warranty".

The HGP guys claim that it is not picked up by Porsche diagnostics... as it does not change any parameters, only unlocks the barrier.

That too perhaps can be remedied by taking the car to HGP, Germany and get it done there... and then it is as undetectable as it ever will be.

*Tunes are always at the owners risk* - but that hasn't stopped people from tuning their cars for decades.

Not saying at all this is the case here......

But one of my per hates on previous forums was the constant discussion about how invisible certain after market tuning mods were.

Not in general, but people putting stuff on - tuning boxes/chips/whatever and then taking it off when something blew up or they were selling the car, denying they had ever been used.

Saying its not detectable by the dealer and denying you have modified the car to get a repair under warranty is still basically fraud.

Selling it on for someone else to deal with the likely consequences of running things beyond tolerances should also be declared imo.

After all, who wants to buy a used car that's been 'modded' against one that hasn't been?

Sorry..... Off my high horse. 😁

Noan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche taycan 4S performance
Country flag

Thanks for this awesome information. Without launch control it's 530 hp and having 620 hp constantly, makes a big difference IMO. I'm going to visit them in Germany.

Porsche-Guru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M4, BMW 535, Taycan 4S
Country flag
Thanks for this awesome information. Without launch control it's 530 hp and having 620 hp constantly, makes a big difference IMO. I'm going to visit them in Germany.
Do share your thoughts if you visit them or get it done…

Archimedes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag

😆 LOL at the idea that Porsche can’t tell that the software in its car has been modified. Good luck with that.

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
So, just came home from a trip. Ad a red light close to home my neighbor was next to me in his Q8 and I just had to launch control. And now my wife is nauseous and angry. I have been wondering if I needed a 4S but when you primarily drive with others the CT 4 is enough.
Sponsored