ElectricV8Biturbo

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M8, Taycan TS, ZR-1
Country flag
yeah, that full power is satisfying not only at launch but when passing--OMG.
i think Redshift also offers reprogramming of the throttle response and a stronger regen breaking, but i did not add those.

btw, thanks for the link for the bracket. otherwise it looked odd.
I'm not doing the recuperation part. I will most likely do the 800hp/throttle filtering removal/vmax removal combo
Sponsored

Mr.Smith

First Name
PaulS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS E-Tron GT, VW ID.4 Pro
Country flag
I'm not doing the recuperation part. I will most likely do the 800hp/throttle filtering removal/vmax removal combo
Definitely do the Drivability Adaption. Another member here with a Turbo S didn't do the Drivability Adaption to the most aggressive, drove my RS E-Tron GT, immediately went back and had Mario remove the filter

OP
OP

ElectricV8Biturbo

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M8, Taycan TS, ZR-1
Country flag
OK, if E63 and M8 were highly modified that makes a big difference. I'd still have more confidence in an actual dragstrip time slip. The 10.33 is one of the best times I've seen, and if you're not on a dragstrip, that is very tough. But, if the E63 and M8 were highly modified, I retract my comment.
Forgot to respond to this. I have historically always run faster with a higher trap speed at a dragstrip than with draggy on the street.
Now this was a few years back with a generation or two back for draggy, but the draggy was consistently slower than any of the two dragstrips near me on any car I tracked.

Vim Schrotnock

First Name
Vim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTB1 Race Cayman, Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Forgot to respond to this. I have historically always run faster with a higher trap speed at a dragstrip than with draggy on the street.
Now this was a few years back with a generation or two back for draggy, but the draggy was consistently slower than any of the two dragstrips near me on any car I tracked.
I would guess your faster dragstrip times are independent of your timing device, and occur because of 2 reasons. The dragstrip traction should be better than any street surface, and you have a 1 ft. rollout if you do the start right. Rollout will typically give you some 3mph at the start and 3 tenths faster times.

Mr.Smith

First Name
PaulS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I would guess your faster dragstrip times are independent of your timing device, and occur because of 2 reasons. The dragstrip traction should be better than any street surface, and you have a 1 ft. rollout if you do the start right. Rollout will typically give you some 3mph at the start and 3 tenths faster times.
Dragy shows 1 foot roll out for the 0-60mph
Porsche Taycan Finally got some drag times (Draggy) for my Taycan Turbo S Screenshot_20240608-205631

Mr.Smith

First Name
PaulS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Better grip off the line for the 0 to 60mph. Lowered my tire pressure to 36psi from mid 40s. Also drove around in the 100 plus degrees Texas heat to warm up the tires before launching.

For the quarter mile, if you look at the old draggy I posted (attached here), I braked at the very end due to coming up on unexpected traffic. Low trap speed and drop in acceleration on the draggy screenshot (circled and underlined in red)

I did also note that my times have been mildly faster and more consistent with proper satellite locks from draggy. That's something I've noticed over the years with several other draggy units I've owned (I'm on my 4th draggy now due to loosing two, battery not holding a charge on one and simply wanting the new generation when the drg70, came out).

I ran a 10.3 in my M8 earlier this year and 10.4 in my E63s a year and half ago playing with tire pressures and testing out different launches on the different cars. So you can say I'm a drag racing aficionado 😂😂

Screenshot_20240610-065830.jpg
Other than efficiency, are there any disadvantages to having your tire pressure in the mid 30s all the time?
Better grip, better handling, better ride comfort with lower tire pressure

OP
OP

ElectricV8Biturbo

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M8, Taycan TS, ZR-1
Country flag
You are absolutely correct! Staging shallow will gain the 1ft rollout and higher trap speeds!!

OP
OP

ElectricV8Biturbo

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M8, Taycan TS, ZR-1
Country flag
Other than efficiency, are there any disadvantages to having your tire pressure in the mid 30s all the time?
Better grip, better handling, better ride comfort with lower tire pressure
Actually my experience has been sloppy handling with the taycan with pressures below 40psi. Only reason I stay between 42-46psi is for a more surefooted feeling when driving daily. The increase in grip is only from a stop, turning grip is reduced., but ride comfort is better. I can drive in full lowered sport plus suspension in the Taycan and it will ride better than my M8 any day.
My M8 likes pressures in the 30s and still feels great. But it has a much firmer ride than my Taycan.

Last edited:

RLe55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
etron GT
Country flag
Your benefit for the Turbo and Turbo S is when you're not in launch control and your 60-130mph which drastically improves.

You should be at 135mph on the 1/4 after the upgrade
@ElectricV8Biturbo , Mr Smith is correct. I went Stage 1 on my etron GT and saw ~6 sec 60-130 times so I can just imagine how much better your 60-130 times will be:

Porsche Taycan Finally got some drag times (Draggy) for my Taycan Turbo S Screenshot 2024-06-17 at 1.24.06 PM

OP
OP

ElectricV8Biturbo

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M8, Taycan TS, ZR-1
Country flag
@ElectricV8Biturbo , Mr Smith is correct. I went Stage 1 on my etron GT and saw ~6 sec 60-130 times so I can just imagine how much better your 60-130 times will be:

Screenshot 2024-06-17 at 1.24.06 PM.jpg
Man if I get a 6.4/6.5 second 60-130mph, I would be f'ing ecstatic!! I think I may simply get close to what you got yourself which is high 6s. Even that would put the Taycan as fast as my E63 and M8.
The best part is the Taycan can do this regardless of ambient temperatures and DA (ICE cars especially turbo ones are extremely susceptible to changes in ambient and DA in 60-130mph).

Lefty8235

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, BMW M8GC, RSQ8, RS e-tron GT
Country flag
Note on where to mount the Dragy. I was having a hard time, probably because of the thermal glass. I went to a Porsche shop to see if they could get some readings before I do the redshift upgrade and he just stuck the Dragy on the windshield wiper. It is below the wind so this worked perfectly.

Ran the Turbo S just to get a 0-60 read for now. Will get the full set of info when I can map out a location to do some bigger runs.

2.72 (2.55 1ft). This is with the AC on, ALL SEASON tires inflated to 45 front and 48 back, and on a 90 degree day here in NY.

More to come.

OP
OP

ElectricV8Biturbo

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M8, Taycan TS, ZR-1
Country flag
So I just received and installed the tuned Redshift ASG. I'll attach some times here. Note these times were with battery at 27-29% SOC. I was just going to compare launch control vs just mashing the throttle for zero to 60 mph but seems I cannot activate launch control below 30%.

Couldn't find a spot to do a full 1/4 mile so did a 60-130 instead

Porsche Taycan Finally got some drag times (Draggy) for my Taycan Turbo S Screenshot_20240627-220741

Porsche Taycan Finally got some drag times (Draggy) for my Taycan Turbo S Screenshot_20240627-222031

Porsche Taycan Finally got some drag times (Draggy) for my Taycan Turbo S PXL_20240628_031142400

OP
OP

ElectricV8Biturbo

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M8, Taycan TS, ZR-1
Country flag
Earlier today at around 50% SOC I did these runs to show just how normal my car is to all the other Turbo S' running around (sure some still wonder about my times on the first post). Note this was BEFORE the Redshift tune, this was earlier in the day during lunch f'ing around with around 50% SOC
Obviously this was with launch control activated unlike the above post

Porsche Taycan Finally got some drag times (Draggy) for my Taycan Turbo S Screenshot_20240627-222506

Porsche Taycan Finally got some drag times (Draggy) for my Taycan Turbo S Screenshot_20240627-222545

Porsche Taycan Finally got some drag times (Draggy) for my Taycan Turbo S Screenshot_20240627-222300

OP
OP

ElectricV8Biturbo

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M8, Taycan TS, ZR-1
Country flag
So here is a before and after of the Redshift tune 60-130mph with approx 53% SOC stock and 64% soc Redshift tune.
The stock run was done from launch using launch control, the Redshift was done from around 50mph.

There was about 7 tenth of a second improvement from this preliminary run.

Porsche Taycan Finally got some drag times (Draggy) for my Taycan Turbo S Screenshot_20240627-222300

Porsche Taycan Finally got some drag times (Draggy) for my Taycan Turbo S Screenshot_20240628-135438

Loe

First Name
Loe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'24 RS e-tron GT, 24' i4 xdrive40
Country flag
That is a sizeable gain considering you have an Turbo S. :clap: Can't wait to see near 100% SOC runs.
Sponsored