Perry

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla SP85D, Model P3D, Taycan Turbo S CT
Country flag
Today, I said farewell to my trusty Rocinante and picked up what currently has the working title Rocinante II, a new 2025 Taycan Turbo S Cross Turismo.

I've only had her for half a day, so I haven't had time to fully assess all the differences, but spontaneously I can say that it's still very much a Taycan, but with a lot of little changes. Many of which are probably only noticeable by other Taycan owners, like that the handles mechanically sound different.

I'm going to try to take some more extensive photos tomorrow, so you can probably see this as a bit of a sneak peak at the moment.

I did change a few things in my spec compared to my previous Taycan. New colour, obviously, since my wife put in a veto on red cars. I also embraced the Cross Turismo styling a bit more and went with the extra plastics and roof railings. I also went with the black door handles, because I see myself as a bit of a bad boy and wanted to prove to myself that I'm not entirely allergic to changes. Otherwise the spec is essentially the same as before, except for some custom floor mats and such that I kept and brought over from the old car.

Some spontaneous changes that I've seen so far that I don't think have been covered previously:

1. InnoDrive has, like you might know, some fancy new graphics. It however also behaves quite differently than before. It's much more decisive and will fight you a bit more for control. It's absolutely not like Tesla Autopilot, but you will feel it tug in the steering wheel when you do something it doesn't agree with, whereas the previous version was barely even noticeable. It also appears to follow the road much better than before, even in relatively complex situations.

2. I'm not sure if it's because of hardware changes or new software, but the PCM is much faster than before. It's still not exactly snappy, but quite a few areas like scrolling and switching apps is much smoother. Apps now also animate when they launch and close.

3. The navigation, while still quite sluggish, is at least a fair bit less buggy than before. In the earlier gen, it would typically calculate a long route, and then recalculate several times to find the best charging plan. Now it essentially shows a route, spends a few seconds thinking, and then updates the route with the chargers.

4. ActiveRide is straight up silly. In Sports mode, the car stays so flat on the road it's surreal. In Normal mode where it does its whole "overcompensation" schtick it feels... weird. Not bad per se, but the car doesn't behave like you expect it to, which is an odd sensation.

5. The suspension is also significantly softer than before, in again a bit weird way. When going over a speed bump or a rough road the car will soften the impact, but it's not boaty like traditional soft suspension can be. It's not exactly trivial to explain, but essentially I think it can be summarised as the suspension is soft, but it doesn't bounce.

6. The ActiveRide system is however not used for lift mode, which I think is a bit of a missed opportunity because of how quick it is. I assume there's a technical reason for it.

7. The car can now connect to WiFi hotspots. So far, it's primarily used for the video app which requires it, but I assume it's also used for other online services.

8. The easy entry part of ActiveRide works just as advertised. It does take some time to get used to getting thrown into the air when you open the door to get out. One quirky thing however is that it doesn't seem to activate when the boot is open. It makes sense, but in practice if you push the button to close the boot, it often hasn't had time to fully close by the time you get to the door, which means that the easy entry function won't activate.

9. There is now, among other things, an audible warning when you exceed the speed limit, mandated by law. It can be turned off, but it will turn on every time you start the car. There are options for how much you need exceed the limit for it to sound, but strangely that seems to also be reset at start, which makes it utterly pointless. I'm still trying to understand exactly how this works, but at least it's possible to bind the diamond button to turn it off.

10. The carbon ceramic rims look significantly better in real life than I expected from the photos. The blades almost appear to be hovering rather than being attached. Again, hard to capture in a photo, but I like it.

11. Recuperation is no longer tied to the drive mode at all. It's a seperate setting, so If you turn it on, it's on for all modes.

12. I'm not sure if I'm just being dumb, but the dash map view seems to no longer be separately configurable, and instead just follows whatever zoom or display settings you have on the PCM.

13. Regen hasn't turned on yet, so my efficiency isn't great, but the guessometer is currently giving me 447 km at 86% or equivalent 520 km at 100% (~323 miles).

14. I know people have some mixed feelings over the new design, but personally I think the Turbo S looks great, again much better in real life than in the photos. It looks much more aggressive than before, which I think is fitting for the trim.

15. While I didn't actually care that much for the increased performance (the old Taycan Turbo S wasn't exactly sluggish), but I can say that there is definitely some pull in this one, especially at higher speeds. Again, together with ActiveRide, the car couldn't care less about my apparent attempt to break the sound barrier, like it wasn't in fact a two ton glorified station wagon.

16. The new video player based on ScreenHits is like all Porsche software about 70% good and then falls flat right at the end. It's almost literally just a web browser showing the ScreenHits service. ScreenHits itself is probably the most useless service I've ever seen, where it essentially just shows a bunch of random content from different services and literally opens a new browser window to netflix.com or whatever when you try to play anything. Why Porsche didn't just give us an actual web browser where you could play whatever you want, is completely beyond me. Maybe someone will eventually find a way to make the video app navigate to other websites (maybe through some creative proxy settings on the WiFi), because it is literally already a full fledged browser without a search bar.

Below is my spec and some quick photos I took. Like I said, I'll try to make sure to post some more photos later. The specs are translated from Swedish with the magic of ChatGPT so please excuse any AI hallucinations.

Packages
OffroadDesign Package

Foils
Model designation in black (glossy)

Exterior
  • Roof rails in black aluminum (high gloss)
  • Preparation for bike carrier
  • Exterior mirrors with upper part in carbon fiber
  • Window trim in black (high gloss)
  • Door handles in black (high gloss)
  • 'PORSCHE' logo LED lighting in doors
  • Panel for rear window wiper in black (high gloss)
Transmission / Chassis
  • Active Ride Control
  • Sport Chrono clock in Porsche Design
Wheels
  • Tire repair kit with electronic compressor
  • Aeroblades Carbon
  • 21" Exclusive Design wheels painted in black (high gloss) with high gloss polished surfaces and Aeroblades
Interior
  • Porsche crests embossed on headrests (front and outer rear seats)
  • Interior package with contrast stitching
  • Seat consoles in leather (front)
  • Comfort sport seats in the front (14-way) including memory package
  • Seat configuration 4+1
  • Individualized car key in exterior color with key case
  • Heated leather steering wheel with matte carbon fiber inlays (in combination with Sport Chrono package and leather interior)
  • Leather storage compartment for rear drive tunnel
  • Massage function (front) including seat ventilation (front)
  • Extended leather package, instrument panel
  • Safety belts in contrast color - Atacama Beige
  • Extended leather package for door panels
  • Extended leather package for center console
  • Grab handles in leather
  • Aluminum pedals
  • Illuminated carbon fiber (matte) door sill guards (in combination with inner door sill guards)
  • Sun visors in leather
  • Roof panel in Race-Tex
  • Inner door sill guards and lower B-pillar in leather
  • Cup holder panel in leather
Audio / Communication
  • Passenger display
  • Burmester® 3D High-End Surround Sound System
Color Choice for Leather/Decorative Stitchings
  • Color choice for stitching
Lighting and Vision
  • Rear light strip with illuminated "PORSCHE" logo in black
  • Panoramic glass roof (fixed) with variable Light Control
  • Sound and heat insulating glass including tinted windows
Comfort and Assistance Systems
  • Head-Up Display
  • Night Vision Assist
  • Comfort entry
  • Soft close function for doors
  • Advanced Climate Control (4-zone)
  • Air quality system
  • Garage opener HomeLink®
  • Remote Park Assist
  • Trunk net
  • Preparation for Porsche Dashcam (front and rear)
  • Side airbags (rear)
  • Porsche InnoDrive including Active Lane Keeping
  • Lane Change Assist
Porsche Taycan Goodbye Taycan, hello 2025 Taycan Turbo S Cross Turismo IMG_0846.JPEG

Porsche Taycan Goodbye Taycan, hello 2025 Taycan Turbo S Cross Turismo IMG_0847.JPEG

Porsche Taycan Goodbye Taycan, hello 2025 Taycan Turbo S Cross Turismo IMG_0845.JPEG

Porsche Taycan Goodbye Taycan, hello 2025 Taycan Turbo S Cross Turismo IMG_0844.JPEG

Last edited:

TXAG

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan RWD
Country flag
Congratulations!!

...Wheeling through the galaxies
Headed for the heart of Cygnus
Headlong into mystery...
Lyrics by Neil Peart

Newguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S (ordering)
Country flag
Thanks for sharing. Looks great, and your descriptions are very helpful. Can I ask if you were able to get the dealer to give you any discount off the MSRP?

Pozuelo

First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S, 2018 E63S Estate, 2023 A45S
Country flag
Congratulations and wishing mine was closer to delivery. Activeride in Spain is part of the Dynamic Package and has mandatory sport summer tires associated with it. Is this the case in Sweden ? I see you have Good Year tires. What exact tire are they ? Summer, all-season or winter ?
Have a great time and keep us updated on the differences you notice.

Singularity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY 2020 Taycan 4S, MY 2022 Audi Q7 60 TFSIe
Country flag
Great thread! Thanks for the extensive info. I should be getting my 25 (replacing my 20) in July and very much looking forward to it.

Pozuelo

First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S, 2018 E63S Estate, 2023 A45S
Country flag
Do you have Homelink buttons on the rear-view mirror ? The good part would be that when needing to operate while in reverse, the camera view would not disappear. The negative would be limited to three buttons, on screen version had 8 maximum. I used four.

OP
OP
Perry

Perry

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Alright, I’ll try to answer the questions as best I can. :)

1. ActiveRide is a separate package, but I think it might differ between the CT and the Sedan/ST. The wheel spec was a bit messy when I ordered since the configurator hadn’t been fully updated at that point. I specifically didn’t want the performance tyres since I value range more, but now when I think about it, I’m not entirely sure whether these are summer tyres or all season tyres. Of course, this doesn’t seem to be specified anywhere in my order and Goodyear doesn’t even list them on their website.

Nevertheless, I kept my winter tyres from my old car.

2. I did get a discount, but I’ve been asked to not share it, so I’ll have to respect that.

3. I looked for a HomeLink button, but I haven’t found anything. I thought I read somewhere that they had added a dedicated button, so that surprised me. I’ll look again, maybe I just missed it.

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab, i4
Country flag
From your picture the tyres are GoodYear Eagle F1 NF1. That seems to be the newly released NF1 tyre and has very low road noise. It certainly is a high performance summer tyre. And it is said to have lower rolling resistance cf previous generation.
Sounds very good tyre in my view.

OP
OP
Perry

Perry

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Update on HomeLink: Found it! There are three black buttons underneath the rear view mirror to control HomeLink.
Porsche Taycan Goodbye Taycan, hello 2025 Taycan Turbo S Cross Turismo IMG_0849

Uknown

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S MY20
Country flag
Update on HomeLink: Found it! There are three black buttons underneath the rear view mirror to control HomeLink.
IMG_0849.jpeg
Wow!!! Buttons for the win. Did the old CT have buttons for home link too? My MY20 4S doesn’t which is one of the very annoying things.

Also super nice spec. Congratulations!

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
7. The car can now connect to WiFi hotspots. So far, it's primarily used for the video app which requires it, but I assume it's also used for other online services.
Does the video app/ScreenHits thing require a wifi connection? As in, it does not stream over the 4G connection in the car like Apple Music/Spotify does ?
Sponsored