f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
I wanted comfort seats, for the comfort! They are supportive enough for me in a 4-door and I wanted the massage function.
Once that was decided, apart from some nicer detailing in places, which was a matter of taste and not a big deal for me, I ended up with a £5k more expensive car with stiffer suspension and no compass or CT wheels (though the spider wheels aren’t bad in satin black to my eye).
So I stuck with CT4S and have no regrets.
Sponsored

RGBArgee

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4SCrossT.992 Turbo S.Audi S3 8Y, MG Midget
Country flag
Absolutely the right decision if you don't like Alcantara. Thousands to change from CT4S to GTS then disguise the GTS as a 4S.
Also as you like dark colours your CT4S looks better with the standard silver trim of 4S windows and skirts with the silver roof rails.
The only real value to you of a GTS over CT4S is 18 way seats and Matrix lights
The replacement will be Black with black bits, fancied a change. Also adding 18 way seats and remote parking. Plus vital bits for me… Bose, mirrors, privacy, sport knob thing , etc Not a fan of Matrix lights, had them on RS Audi and on wife’s S3… too slow to respond to oncoming traffic imho.

Last edited:

Ross

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS - Audi Etron
Country flag
The replacement will be Black with black bits, fancied a change. Also adding 18 way seats and remote parking. Plus vital bits for me… Bose, mirrors, privacy, sport knob thing , etc Not a fan of Matrix lights, had them on RS Audi and on wife’s S3… too slow to respond to oncoming traffic imho.
I am a real low spec adviser - especially compared to other forum people.
I got matrix lights 'free', or at least included, with my GTS
I would never had added them to a 4S as I am too tight - I just need PDLS+ for main beam assist which is standard on 4S but I would upgrade a base

But..... now I have the matrix lights they are ASTOUNDINGLY GOOD - They react instantaneously to oncoming traffic and I have never been flashed by anyone and they look past cars in front of you without dazzling either. If I got a 4S now I would add them even at £1300 or whatever it is

This video by RSymons is watchable and excellently shows the benefits of PDLS+ MATRIX over PDLS+

The power of good headlights! Cornering and full Dynamic Matrix LED PDLS+ demo using Porsche Taycan - Bing video

RGBArgee

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4SCrossT.992 Turbo S.Audi S3 8Y, MG Midget
Country flag
I would never had added them to a 4S as I am too tight - I just need PDLS+ for main beam assist which is standard on 4S but I would upgrade a base

But..... now I have the matrix lights they are ASTOUNDINGLY GOOD - They react instantaneously to oncoming traffic and I have never been flashed by anyone and they look past cars in front of you without dazzling either. If I got a 4S now I would add them even at £1300 or whatever it is

This video by RSymons is watchable and excellently shows the benefits of PDLS+ MATRIX over PDLS+

The power of good headlights! Cornering and full Dynamic Matrix LED PDLS+ demo using Porsche Taycan - Bing video
They are/were good. 2017 RS4 and 2021 S3 but really slow picking up oncoming traffic on Somerset country lanes. We don’t drive that much at night so will avoid unless free as they were on launch spec S3.

Mattyh

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
540i
Country flag
I also have a 4S and are considering a switch to a GTS. What’s your experience in terms of handling and power difference compared to your 4S?
i drove the 4s and wasn’t blown away by it, so I drive the gts and it def impressed me more. I could definitely notice the difference, it felt sharper and quicker in each mode, I guess that’s the extra torque. Some people say they can’t notice much and some people do. For me I made the choice easy for me and I went for the gts

HK111

First Name
Henrik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, Corvette C7 Stingray, Mercedes V
Country flag
What’s your experience in terms of handling and power difference compared to your 4S?
Regarding handling, the comparison is not easy because I bought rear-axle steering for the GTS, which makes a big difference, but is not GTS-specific. Apart of that, maybe the ride is a bit stiffer than with the 4S, but I wouldn't swear the effect is real.

Regarding the power difference, it is mostly a torque difference, and that is noticeable. It is not "the world", but I like it.

PerPower

First Name
Per
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Y Performance, Taycan 4S+
Country flag
Regarding handling, the comparison is not easy because I bought rear-axle steering for the GTS, which makes a big difference, but is not GTS-specific. Apart of that, maybe the ride is a bit stiffer than with the 4S, but I wouldn't swear the effect is real.

Regarding the power difference, it is mostly a torque difference, and that is noticeable. It is not "the world", but I like it.
I have all the performance goodie’s on my 4S+ so it will mostly be the torque that’s different/better. The only thing I miss is more power so guess a Turbo or Turbo S will be better in my case.

andb

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
The only thing I miss is more power so guess a Turbo or Turbo S will be better in my case.
You're coming from a more powerful car?

I like power too and I'm afraid if I get the 4S (which is more than enough for EU roads) sooner or later I'll look for a Turbo.

PerPower

First Name
Per
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Y Performance, Taycan 4S+
Country flag
You're coming from a more powerful car?

I like power too and I'm afraid if I get the 4S (which is more than enough for EU roads) sooner or later I'll look for a Turbo.
Use to drive Model S Performance L and really miss the straight line performance. I don’t drive fast but like to get to the speed limit quickly 😊 In most cases a 4S is more than enough. But having that extra raw power is something I miss.

new2porsche

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
SQ7, 458, V60 P
Country flag

So the GTS “comes with” PDLS+ as a standard option, correct?

Ross

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS - Audi Etron
Country flag
So the GTS “comes with” PDLS+ as a standard option, correct?
No, in UK at least Matrix is standard on GTS
If Matrix still not available in US then it will be PDLS+ as standard (same as 4S)
Basic PDLS (without the +) is for base models only

Throb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi R8 V10, Taycan GTS ST, BMW 330e, MB C-Class
Country flag
No, in UK at least Matrix is standard on GTS
If Matrix still not available in US then it will be PDLS+ as standard (same as 4S)
Basic PDLS (without the +) is for base models only
LED-Matrix is standard on the GTS worldwide. It's a standard feature of that model.

@new2porsche

LED-Matrix includes PDLS+. However, in the USA, LED-Matrix doesn't have the same functionality as the rest of the world due to regulations.

Below is a screenshot of the standard features of the GTS taken from the Porsche USA configurator.

Porsche Taycan Gts Screenshot 2023-11-08 at 13.27.34
Sponsored