How practical is Taycan as a daily driver for people in their 60s?

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
I am 73 and 6' tall and never noticed a problem or was aware of one until reading internet posts.
My daughter did find it easier to get in and out of our Prius after her spinal surgery because it isn't as low.

OTOH it is ridiulously W-I-D-E and I rarely take it anywhere I need to park in the narrow parking slots common in car parks in Oxfordshire since then it is difficult because you can only open the door very slightly, I often let passengers out before parking.

It is the one thing I hate about my Taycan and the reason I still often use the Prius.
Sponsored

Skier

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Hi fellow Taycan owners and the Porsche family,

Greetings from Taiwan.
My parents in their 60s would like to join the Taycan family.

Before going to the local dealership they'd like to get some rough ideas from other Taycan owners whether Taycan is the right fit for their lifestyle.

Could you share your experience with the following three questions:

1. Is the rear trunk/boot big enough for two large suitcases (28-32"/78-81cm)?

I have read this thread but the luggage appears to be one large and one medium only.
https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/t...arge-check-in-luggage-bags-in-the-trunk.4864/

2. Is it difficult for my parents to get in and out of the cars? Coming from a Mercedes sedan driving position, they are worried that Taycan's seat might be too low for their liking. I understand that there is the 14 way seat option that they could potentially opt in.

3. Are Taycans really too wide for standard supermarket parking bays and narrow city alleys?

Here's an image I found on the internet.
Screenshot_20211017-104811~2.png

We would be really grateful if you could shed some light on these questions. Hopefully this post could benefit other prospective Taycan owners in the future. :)

Thank you.
I'm 78 and my wife is 71. I've had 2 Taycans since 2020 and absolutely love it. I get in ass first and no problem. My wife still complains about getting in and out. Keeping the car. Wife? I guess so. LOL

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Lucid Air GT
Country flag
my taycan was a very practical DD. my biggest issue was finding taycan worthy parking spots to avoid door dings. also if you are lucky to find reliable charging the car is a great road tripping car.

Fun TC Driving

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 C8 Z06, 2024 iX M60
Country flag
A trick most know (all owners do) is that one can before getting out of it, raise to its highest height and its higher height makes exiting easier. In fact a Porsche salesperson just told me that this max Taycan height is the same as if one got a new 2025 with its over $7K active ride height option so if one is willing to wait 30 seconds for a Taycan without AR to raise itself…

Skier

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
A trick most know (all owners do) is that one can before getting out of it, raise to its highest height and its higher height makes exiting easier. In fact a Porsche salesperson just told me that this max Taycan height is the same as if one got a new 2025 with its over $7K active ride height option so if one is willing to wait 30 seconds for a Taycan without AR to raise itself…
Good to know, thanks

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
It's not a matter of age. It's a matter of fitness and the ability to use your muscles and balance.
...and one benefit of being old enough to retire is greater opportunity to work on such attributes.

Jasper4S

First Name
Jasper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s ST
Country flag
IMO it is an impractical car. But the looks, build quality and dynamics make up for everything. I’m tired of crossing every speed bump like a grandma. But would buy this car again and again as daily.
Sponsored