Hootch280

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Macan S, Mclaren 720S
Country flag
The heating in my Taycan Turbo 2020 has stopped working. The remote function in the app says its heating / cooling but its not and when driving the car there is only cold air coming from the vents. I took it to may Local Porsche dealer and they tell me its a know problem with the high voltage heater unit and it will probably need replacing - but to look at it the first available appointment is 10 January 2022 - such good service once again from Porsche - not. This of course will only be to look for the problem snd it will need another visit to change any parts because stock is not something they hold and these units are currently on back order. Don't you just love owning high end cars ! So Christmas and new year and travel with no in car heating - such a joy owning a Porsche
Sponsored

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Lucid Air GT
Country flag
The heating in my Taycan Turbo 2020 has stopped working. The remote function in the app says its heating / cooling but its not and when driving the car there is only cold air coming from the vents. I took it to may Local Porsche dealer and they tell me its a know problem with the high voltage heater unit and it will probably need replacing - but to look at it the first available appointment is 10 January 2022 - such good service once again from Porsche - not. This of course will only be to look for the problem snd it will need another visit to change any parts because stock is not something they hold and these units are currently on back order. Don't you just love owning high end cars ! So Christmas and new year and travel with no in car heating - such a joy owning a Porsche
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but your service visit will only diagnose and confirm the issue, then there could be a lengthy wait as porsche confirms the problem and issues the needed replacement parts.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Doesn't sound good. There is another post on the forum with the same issue and is in the midst of arranging the replacement heater module (it's a complex setup). From memory, the part was ordered and has been shipped.

Just torque up the heated seats and steering wheel then "enjoy" the extra range that you will get as a result of having no heat!

To be honest and in this day and age such a failure is unforgivable - on a cheap or expensive car.

Too many components on the Taycan are failing within 12 - 16 months: HV heater, motors, charge ports, charge port doors, 12V battery drain, 22kW AC onboard charger, the list goes on. So much for '000'000 miles of cold and hot weather testing!

I'd be curious to know if the same is true of its sibling eTron GT (I expect it is).

One day (soon I hope) it will be perfect.

OP
OP
Hootch280

Hootch280

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Doesn't sound good. There is another post on the forum with the same issue and is in the midst of arranging the replacement heater module (it's a complex setup). From memory, the part was ordered and has been shipped.

Just torque up the heated seats and steering wheel then "enjoy" the extra range that you will get as a result of having no heat!

To be honest and in this day and age such a failure is unforgivable - on a cheap or expensive car.

Too many components on the Taycan are failing within 12 - 16 months: HV heater, motors, charge ports, charge port doors, 12V battery drain, 22kW AC onboard charger, the list goes on. So much for '000'000 miles of cold and hot weather testing!

I'd be curious to know if the same is true of its sibling eTron GT (I expect it is).

One day (soon I hope) it will be perfect.
Yes it was somewhat disconcerting when the dealership told me it was a known problem !

The fact that I can't get it looked at until the 10th January and there are no loan cars available is also very poor support. It is becoming dangerous to use with the screen misting up and no way of clearing it. If it freezes there is no way to keep the screen clear and I think I will have call it in to Porsche Assist to take it away - at least I will then get a hire car - most likely with an ICE !

I have say, having had it a year now, its not been the best experience even though I've had 10 Porsche's prior to this. Theres a long way to go before Porsche EV's match the motoring experience I used to love

kl98cwg

First Name
DF
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+
Country flag
I read your post the other day - and now looks like I’m in the same boat ? Just spent over 3 hours travelling with no heating and a windscreen steaming up, but thank goodness for heated seats and steering wheel. The last car I had which suffered so many random issues was a badly abused Citroen that I ’inherited’ as a company car many years ago …

OP
OP
Hootch280

Hootch280

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I read your post the other day - and now looks like I’m in the same boat ? Just spent over 3 hours travelling with no heating and a windscreen steaming up, but thank goodness for heated seats and steering wheel. The last car I had which suffered so many random issues was a badly abused Citroen that I ’inherited’ as a company car many years ago …
Well I hope you have better luck with your local Porsche dealer - I've played the Porsche Assist card and had the car collected Saturday as unfit to drive - which it looks like you have found is also the case. I have to say that Porsche Assist could not have been more helpful with calls back every step of the way and a hire car delivered today. I thin they will also insist that the dealership looks at it without delay and get the replacements required - if any, ordered up. This is much better than the dealership was prepared to offer with a January 7th earliest booking. Good luck !

kl98cwg

First Name
DF
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+
Country flag
Well I hope you have better luck with your local Porsche dealer - I've played the Porsche Assist card and had the car collected Saturday as unfit to drive - which it looks like you have found is also the case. I have to say that Porsche Assist could not have been more helpful with calls back every step of the way and a hire car delivered today. I thin they will also insist that the dealership looks at it without delay and get the replacements required - if any, ordered up. This is much better than the dealership was prepared to offer with a January 7th earliest booking. Good luck !
Thank you! I thought I’d better try the dealer first, but they just directed me straight to Porsche Assist - I’ve also found them really helpful in arranging the pick up and a hire car.
Good luck to you too, I really hope we don’t have to wait long for this to be sorted?

MisterT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Mine stopped working over two weeks ago. Rang my local dealership who said that it wasn’t a known fault, so it’s interesting to hear that they are now claiming it to be a known one.

My local dealership also directed me to Porsche Assist, but I haven’t rang them (yet!). I thought the maximum length of the hire car through Porsche Assist is 48 hours. Is this correct? I’ve been hanging on - my car is booked in to the dealer next week, with no access to a loan car - as I need to use the car for work until Friday.

I‘d be interested on any more intel on Porsche Assist.

Thanks in advance.

Andy

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Mine stopped working nearly two weeks ago. Rang my local dealership who said that it wasn’t a known fault, so it’s interesting to hear that they are now claiming it to be a known one.

My local dealership also directed me to Porsche Assist, but I haven’t rang them (yet!). I thought the maximum length of the hire car through Porsche Assist is 48 hours. Is this correct? I’ve been hanging on - my car is booked in to the dealer next week - as I need to use the car for work until Friday.

Thanks in advance.

Andy
Phone them and ask.

OP
OP
Hootch280

Hootch280

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Mine stopped working over two weeks ago. Rang my local dealership who said that it wasn’t a known fault, so it’s interesting to hear that they are now claiming it to be a known one.

My local dealership also directed me to Porsche Assist, but I haven’t rang them (yet!). I thought the maximum length of the hire car through Porsche Assist is 48 hours. Is this correct? I’ve been hanging on - my car is booked in to the dealer next week, with no access to a loan car - as I need to use the car for work until Friday.

Thanks in advance.

Andy
They seem very helpful - worth a call for sure - they supply a car for up to 5 days initially. What happens if your car is not repaired in that time - don't know yet, but it is still Porsche's problem and I expect I will find out !

First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan
Country flag

Thanks in advance.

Andy
Hi Andy
Again my heater stopped working yesterday. Porshe Assist, after speaking to the dealer were great, although I had to drive the car to the dealer myself as it was deemed drivable. The AA did follow me to the dealer and would have taken me back home where the hire car was being taken. A quick phonecall though and Enterprise had a new well specked E class there by the time I arrived. The dealer hopefully will be looking at the Tycan this week. Having used Enterprise via Porsche assist before there is no limit in fact I had it then for a couple of weeks.

MrRothIII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Incoming: Taycan
Country flag
The problem itself sucks but it sounds like alot of people are giving the dealerships way too much power.

There is no way I take the initial response and just move on. I understand the industry climate, service depts are backed up , no loaners available etc etc but I’m not leaving the dealer until they take my car and AT LEAST put me in a Budget rental ford fusion or something.

Thats not ideal obviously but they arent going to tell me that my new car has a known problem which makes it dangerous to drive but I just have to deal with it for a couple weeks until they are ready.

I’ve had major issues with new cars (BMW, Maserati, etc.) and I was def pissed to not have my car but I was taken care of every single time.

Chaz13

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS5 SB, Soon to be Taycan CT
Country flag
Has anyone had this problem successfully fixed yet. Also I wonder if any of the current cars production have had updated parts to fix this know problem.
(Pick my CT up in Jan !!!!)

SHN

First Name
Svein Halvard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+, Tesla Model S (for sale)
Country flag
Had similar problem back in Oct 2020. Fixed and has not returned after 27 500 km.

MisterT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Hi Andy
Again my heater stopped working yesterday. Porshe Assist, after speaking to the dealer were great, although I had to drive the car to the dealer myself as it was deemed drivable. The AA did follow me to the dealer and would have taken me back home where the hire car was being taken. A quick phonecall though and Enterprise had a new well specked E class there by the time I arrived. The dealer hopefully will be looking at the Tycan this week. Having used Enterprise via Porsche assist before there is no limit in fact I had it then for a couple of weeks.
Thanks for this.

Your experience is exactly the same as mine, today.

I rang Porsche Assist today and the exact same happened to me. AA patrol followed me to the dealer and then took me back to work. I also got an E-Class delivered to work this afternoon from Enterprise who confirmed that I wouldn’t be without a car until the Taycan is fixed.

I’m not expecting to hear anything further until the New Year, but at least I’ve now got a warm car with demisted windows to use over Christmas. Disappointed it’s not a Porsche, but hey ho.

Fingers crossed I’ll get it back early in the New Year.

Andy
Sponsored