Interested in an unofficial Apple Watch app?

OP
OP
electricsidecar

electricsidecar

Threads
Reaction score
Website
electricsidecar.app
Vehicles
Volcano Gray Taycan 2022
Country flag
Latest development update:

Working on a refresh of the app home screen:
Porsche Taycan Interested in an unofficial Apple Watch app? Simulator Screen Shot - Apple Watch Series 8 (45mm) - 2023-01-19 at 23.29.27

The goal here is to make it as glanceable as possible while also surfacing the most commonly used actions (unlocking isn't expected to be super likely, but it's all I've got wired up so far; some other action will likely replace it eventually).

I've been fine-tuning the Taycan symbol's design, making it a bit larger and easier to identify in complications. Based on discussion in https://github.com/jverkoey/ElectricSidecar/issues/37 I'll probably change the gauge to a filled style rather than an indicator style.
Porsche Taycan Interested in an unofficial Apple Watch app? Simulator Screen Shot - Apple Watch Series 8 (45mm) - 2023-01-19 at 23.29.03

I also added a photo gallery for those moments where you're maybe far from your car and want to remember what it looks like :p

What I'm working on now is the ability to lock and unlock the car from the app. Once that's built in I'll likely add a flash button.

I'm bringing my car into the shop to get the heater replaced tomorrow. Once that's working I'll be able to test out the climate control options on the car finally and will probably build out some features for managing that from the watch as well :)

OP
OP
electricsidecar

electricsidecar

Threads
Reaction score
Website
electricsidecar.app
Vehicles
Volcano Gray Taycan 2022
Country flag
Latest update to the app has a complete overhaul of the app UX + the ability to lock the car from the watch. You can now also see which doors are open using this simplified interface in the app:

Porsche Taycan Interested in an unofficial Apple Watch app? Screenshot_2023-01-23_at_9.15.23_PM

Will add a complication for door / lock status as well.

Artman

First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
Latest update to the app has a complete overhaul of the app UX + the ability to lock the car from the watch. You can now also see which doors are open using this simplified interface in the app:

Screenshot_2023-01-23_at_9.15.23_PM.png

Will add a complication for door / lock status as well.
I can't wait! Most excellent work here. Thank you!!!

RyanCai

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4s
Country flag
What a master piece !! i can't wait to install it on my watch, any one who knows where we can find the app install file and how to install it ?

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
Shoot me a message with your Apple ID and I can send you an invite to the TestFlight build.
I’ve being lurking and enjoying the great progress here and would love to be part of that TestFlight build - I am nowhere near qualified to add any constructive input as total amateur but hopefully can join :). I’ll fire my Apple ID to you either way!

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
After receiving Jeffrey's invite, I attempted to load/install the app today via TestFlight on my iPhone and when the login prompt came I used my Porsche ID (specifically the MyPorsche) login credentials but the app never successfully launched, just hanged with spinning wheel.

I then realized I'd being using a prior (out of date) login pw - def lack of coffee this AM - but question: do we use our Porsche ID or Apple ID when logging into the TestFlight app?
Sponsored

Last edited: