First Name
Szabó
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan, Mercedes ML 320
Country flag
Hello guys!

I’m planning to buy a new 2023 Porsche Taycan. Of course I watch a lot of videos, read a lot of threads but my questions is to those who own a Taycan at the moment, is it worth buying?

Are there really heater problems and battery problems that often that makes the car not driveable?

I really want to buy it but if there are so many problems I think I’m going to look for other cars.
Sponsored

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
Remember that what you read on the internet is never a complete, balanced picture. For example, people are a lot more likely to post when something goes wrong, than when it doesn't. If everyone whose heater didn’t die on their trip posted about it, you’d be here reading a long time.

Bottom line is the car is not perfect, but no car is. If your priority is reliability, buy a Toyota. If you want to have fun driving, buy a Taycan, or maybe some other car. I have a 2023 Taycan with close to 6K miles it, my heater still works, visited over 30 EA chargers, including one Friday night, and never got stranded. My PCM hung twice, the second time just last night and no reboots would fix it, had to leave the car off for an hour. Annoying, hell yea - I really could have used navigation at that time (on the bright side backup and surround camera still worked, so did all HVAC controls, which is more than what happens when a Tesla equivalent of PCM hangs). Would I return the car for it, hell no. After this however, I will have to figure out how to perform a complete car reset without waiting, for next time.

OP
OP

Szabos

First Name
Szabó
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Good to hear that there are no problems with the Taycan 2023 models. If I order now I will probably get the 2024 Taycans if I’m not wrong. Let’s hope it’s going to work smooth.

SergeyIndy

First Name
Sergey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
24 Macan GTS, 23 Taycan Turbo, 20 Cayenne Turbo,
Country flag
Good to hear that there are no problems with the Taycan 2023 models. If I order now I will probably get the 2024 Taycans if I’m not wrong. Let’s hope it’s going to work smooth.
My advice is hurry up, create a build, put the order in, then we can help you refine the build while you wait for it to lock. Typical order to lock is measured in months. I have been on the lookout, research, begging dealer to drive loaners since they were available, and made the order when everything aligned, now 13 months later since placing the order, it arrived and in PPF now and hoping to finally drive it later this week. We are here on the forum because we love the way it drives, end of story!

My teenage son did a quick video as we visited the PPF shop after it was cleaned up after transport and was pretty dirty inside and out.

Last edited:

Uknown

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S MY20
Country flag
I can’t speak for every Taycan, but I bought a 2020 4S with about 26k miles on it last Sept, it had a few issues with sensors which dealer fixed.. even with minor issues I have driven the car over 15k miles in 9 and 1/2 months. It is enjoyable and I look forward to driving it every single time. For me the car works as expected and I feel has minimal issues.

Tucson_Jim

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan turbo
Country flag
Bought a 2021 Turbo with 3,600 miles three months ago. Like new. No problems. Saved over $50K off sticker and paid what I would have on an MSRP base sedan with the equipment I wanted. These deals are out there.

DougFrisk

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
No longer awaiting a 4CT
Country flag
Hello guys!

I’m planning to buy a new 2023 Porsche Taycan. Of course I watch a lot of videos, read a lot of threads but my questions is to those who own a Taycan at the moment, is it worth buying?

Are there really heater problems and battery problems that often that makes the car not driveable?

I really want to buy it but if there are so many problems I think I’m going to look for other cars.
For every car you read about with battery or heater issues there are multiple cars that haven't seen the service center except for scheduled maintenance and upgrades.

If you read this forum it can seem like everyone has had the HV battery fail, but no one seeks out this forum to post their satisfaction with how the battery just keeps chugging along.

The heater failures do seem to be an issue affecting all cars built prior to very early 2023, but Porsche seems to be making quite an effort to replace them as quickly as possible.

Is it worth it? No, by no objective measure is a Taycan "worth it" It's a luxury item and there are dozens of choices that are more cost effective. Is it worth it to you? That's between you and your exchequer.

For us, we've decided it's worth it.

BJCanadaMax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cross Turismo, MINI SE, Toyota Prius
Country flag
Hello guys!

You can only buy what is on the show floor for model year 2023. I personally customized mine which is model year 2024.

OP
OP

Szabos

First Name
Szabó
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
You can only buy what is on the show floor for model year 2023. I personally customized mine which is model year 2024.
Wow I didn’t know that. I thought 2024 models starts production around november. What are the different in 2024 models?

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera Sport Turismo 4S
Country flag
Hello guys!

As a general rule, the types of issues that the Taycan has faced have been addressed as soon as the manufacturer gets upgraded/replacement software or parts from their supply chain. There are no fundamental issues that would require a complete redesign to address. So model year 2023 vs 2024 would likely make little difference (if any) from this standpoint.

BJCanadaMax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cross Turismo, MINI SE, Toyota Prius
Country flag
Wow I didn’t know that. I thought 2024 models starts production around november. What are the different in 2024 models?
End of june is end of model year 2023. mine suppose to start july is 2024

DougFrisk

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
No longer awaiting a 4CT
Country flag
Last edited: