Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicles
BMW X3 M40i, Mitsubishi Eclipse GT, RR Evoque
Hello all,
The new 2nd Generation wheels are available to order on Suncoast.

I contacted their parts department to confirm if they are compatible with the 1st generation and they indicated they are not backwards compatible. I am not certain I believe the representative as the measurements look to be identical.

2025 Model
Porsche Taycan J1.2 - 2nd Generation Taycan Wheels 1707854766922

Front axle: 9.5 J x 21 ET 60 with 265/35 R21
Rear axle: 11.5 J x 21 ET 66 with tyres 305/30 R21

2019-2024
Porsche Taycan J1.2 - 2nd Generation Taycan Wheels 1707854805464

Front axle: 9.5 J × 21 ET 60 with tires 265/35 R21
rear axle: 11, 5 J × 21 ET 66 with tires 305/30 R21

Is the lug pattern different and bolts incompatible with the 1st generation?

https://www.suncoastparts.com/category/taycang2turbochawws.html

Has anyone else looked into this?

Murph7355

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST; TVR Griffith 500; Caterham 7; Volvo XC90
Country flag
If it's one thing that Porsche did not change in their modern history, it was the bolt pattern (I want to say 5 x 120mm? maybe different on the SUVs).

The wheel specs are identical, there is no reason for any incompatibility.
Broadly agree....but I wonder if they'll fit cars with ceramic brakes? The rims look deeper towards the centre than the original MissionEs.

SergeyIndy

First Name
Sergey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
24 Macan GTS, 23 Taycan Turbo, 20 Cayenne Turbo,
Country flag
I have not known Suncoast to be wrong as they are the most knowledgeable Porsche Parts people on the planet. The only way to cross check Suncoast would be through a Porsche Rep that dealers can get in touch with. I would not be taking my chances with much less knowledgeable dealer parts department.

Vercingetorix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
If it's one thing that Porsche did not change in their modern history, it was the bolt pattern (I want to say 5 x 120mm? maybe different on the SUVs).

The wheel specs are identical, there is no reason for any incompatibility.
I think Macan is same as Audi 5x112 vs 5x130 normal Porsche.

WasserGKuehlt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4CT, 996C2, MacanS
Country flag
Broadly agree....but I wonder if they'll fit cars with ceramic brakes? The rims look deeper towards the centre than the original MissionEs.
I'll note (and pinging @K1NET1C) that the Cross Turismo configurator lists the same (or visually identical) offroad design wheels as for J1 I. It'd make little sense for Porsche to have made such a fundamental change mid-cycle.

allroadusa

First Name
Jerome
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+ Pure White
Country flag
Could it be because of new TPMS sensors?

BJCanadaMax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cross Turismo, MINI SE, Toyota Prius
Country flag
I'll note (and pinging @K1NET1C) that the Cross Turismo configurator lists the same (or visually identical) offroad design wheels as for J1 I. It'd make little sense for Porsche to have made such a fundamental change mid-cycle.
It will be stupid to make and store spare old rims just to not let a few customers to order the new rims.

hifi239

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
It looks like they dropped these in the configurator for 2025.

Porsche Taycan J1.2 - 2nd Generation Taycan Wheels wheel

Trogdors_Peasant

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4s, 2022 AMG SL63
Country flag
I can't believe they "ruined" the Mission E's. (The wife immediately veto'd getting them on our next Taycan after seeing just the above picture)

As to the person asking if they'd work with the CC brakes, the configurator does allow a Turbo S with CC brakes to have these "Mission E(rrors)" as an option.

The only reason I can think of that they'd do this is that the extra depth of the flat face of the outer rim increases range due to aerodynamics... but if we're getting Mission E's, it's for style, range be damned.

T-Fury

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Taycan CT4, 23 911T, 24 Rivian R1S, 71 BMW 2002
Country flag
So, when I switched from my J1.1 Taycan turbo sedan to my current J1.1 Taycan CT4 I wanted to carry over my 20-inch Taycan turbo aero winter wheel-and-tire set. Under the Tequipment website the winter turbo aero wheels are listed as compatible with the base, 4S, turbo, turbo s, GTS and GTS ST. The cross turismos are not listed as "compatible." However, the wheels are exactly the same specification and size as the 20 inch wheels you can option on the cross turismo and they work just fine on my CT4. So, I'm thinking the wheels you're looking at may be compatible with the J1.2--at least in terms of specifications and size. As someone mentioned above, the only thing I can think of is maybe the TPMS changed in the refresh and that's leading to some incompatibility. If that's the case I wonder wonder about the possibility of swapping the TPMS. I'm leaning more toward the person you spoke with just assumed they aren't compatible. Anyway, please keep us posted as I'm curious myself!
Sponsored