paladin732

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan, Lucid
Country flag
There are apparently a whopping 67 steps involved in the upgrade (so much for nearly OTA upgrades :) ). Car will hopefully be done at 8pm PT tonight if it doesn't fail or go kablooey. I'll have it in the morning PT. They will send me a photo of the PCM when it is done also.
Sponsored

ithinkmac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'17 3, '22 4S CT, '22 MXP
Country flag
Mine is doing it's 8 hour update now. ready for pickup tomorrow.

Service advisor told she read the whole bulletin and it indicates it's a redesigned PCM interface with COLORED tiles.

So I'm hopeful this is the real PCM update we've all been waiting for.

Will pick mine up tomorrow as well. I forgot to ask her to send pictures. Maybe you'll get pictures before and confirm.

Thanks.

-ThinkMac-

There are apparently a whopping 67 steps involved in the upgrade (so much for nearly OTA upgrades :) ). Car will hopefully be done at 8pm PT tonight if it doesn't fail or go kablooey. I'll have it in the morning PT. They will send me a photo of the PCM when it is done also.

Reactions: B61

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag
Mine is doing it's 8 hour update now. ready for pickup tomorrow.

Service advisor told she read the whole bulletin and it indicates it's a redesigned PCM interface with COLORED tiles.

So I'm hopeful this is the real PCM update we've all been waiting for.

Will pick mine up tomorrow as well. I forgot to ask her to send pictures. Maybe you'll get pictures before and confirm.

Thanks.

-ThinkMac-
Is it ANA6 that takes 8 hours to update?

Marshall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S; 2021 Macan S
Country flag
Just heard from my SA. It is not ANA6. The update is WNJ8. Her comment to me was it could take two days to install. I think she was being cautious. I will know next week as I am taking in on August 3 for the upgrade as well as ANA5. Hopefully by then other people on the board will have had the upgrade and can pass along their stories.

Visceral

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
991 Turbo S. Spyder and CT4S on the way
Country flag
There are three parts to the ANA6 update, which is helpful, as it appears to add up to over 8 hours and they can't leave a car updating while there isnt someone present. Hence a multi-day process.

TXAG

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan RWD
Country flag
I just got the WNJ8 update notice.
Congrats and I hope your update is trouble free! When was your Taycan manufactured? Mine's April 2022 and I haven't gotten a notice.

dbrk

First Name
Ren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I'm new here. I just purchased a CPO 2020 Taycan and, well, they can't actually sell it to me until this update is completed. As it's been noted here, it's a two day affair because a tech has to be minding the process and then it has to work. It's been almost a month in the brewing because there was an unrelated (to this update) issue with seat belt harnesses. I'm telling myself this is all worth the wait. I traded my 911 GTS4.

Arjan_

First Name
Arjan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M3, Porsche Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
I'm new here. I just purchased a CPO 2020 Taycan and, well, they can't actually sell it to me until this update is completed. As it's been noted here, it's a two day affair because a tech has to be minding the process and then it has to work. It's been almost a month in the brewing because there was an unrelated (to this update) issue with seat belt harnesses. I'm telling myself this is all worth the wait. I traded my 911 GTS4.
It is worth it!

smohr33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S -> Taycan CT4
Country flag
You're not alone. I'm trading my current Taycan on at CT4 that's been stuck at the port since April waiting on a combo of this software and ANA5 (seat wiring harness).

Meanwhile I'm free to drive my current car that both of these issues apply to. Interesting logic.

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
Just dropped mine off and they made me leave it rather than wait.

They said it can take OVER A DAY if things don't go smooth.

I will be so glad to be rid of dealer-based software updates!

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
No.

This thread has become a confusing mess from what it intended.

The PCM update is WNJ8 and is now on release in most regions. Your My Porsche website (not App) will be updated for this and other recall notifications as and when they apply.

Porsche Taycan Major software update announcement coming July 13th… 1658844247072

Depending on model year (MY) of your vehicle and what recall updates have already been applied the WNJ8 update may take up to 8 hours. If you've kept things up to date then plan for half a day tops.

ANA6 may / may not be relevant for your vehicle but relates to flickering screens (not applicable in UK from my experience).
Sponsored