Mamba green 4S with red calipers

Tino82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I am looking at ordering a mamba green 4s. However, it comes with red calipers. I don't want to pay over 2k for the white surface coated calipers and think it's a bit cheeky of porsche to charge for the "downgrade" colour of black calipers. I'm not the greatest fan of red and green together, though my wife tells me the rear light is red, as are the reflectors, and the badge (partially).

My interior is going to be truffle, so I don't want too many colours in the mix. I'm ordering the Spyder 21 inch wheels. What are everyone's thoughts on this colour mix?

Porsche Taycan Mamba green 4S with red calipers Screenshot 2022-02-12 at 11.51.04

Porsche Taycan Mamba green 4S with red calipers Screenshot 2022-02-12 at 11.57.20

Last edited:

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S; 2021 Taycan 4S; 2023 911 GTS Cab
Country flag
Red and green look bad like that.

We have green, but our wheels mostly cover the calipers so we don’t see them. If we could see them, we’d paint them black.

Rear lights are only red when lit. Not red when off.

Bigben

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover L405 4.4L SDV8, VW T-ROC R, Yamaha FZ8
Country flag
If the wheels were black, it’d be OK with red calipers, but given you’ve got silver wheels, blacked out accents, mamba and brown interior… red is too much!
Not sure brown works with green but that’s personal - there’s one that’s been under-priced for weeks for sale and is still there despite a drop in £10k since it popped up, so watch out for resale if that’s of interest!

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202201051015727

Lars

First Name
Lars
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 911 C4S Taycan CT 4S
Country flag
If the wheels were black, it’d be OK with red calipers, but given you’ve got silver wheels, blacked out accents, mamba and brown interior… red is too much!
Not sure brown works with green but that’s personal - there’s one that’s been under-priced for weeks for sale and is still there despite a drop in £10k since it popped up, so watch out for resale if that’s of interest!

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202201051015727
I just looked up the spec and it’s about 6k over list,. Not many “nice to have things “ so they were trying to get a hefty premium on it.

OP
OP
Tino82

Tino82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Yeah that still seems quite a lot of cash for a 4S if it was higher than that previously. Not sure that's a good indicator of how in-demand the car would be.
Plus, trees are mainly green and brown - what's wrong with them?! ?

Murph7355

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST; TVR Griffith 500; Caterham 7; Volvo XC90
Country flag
I'm pretty sure you can get the calipers on steel brakes painted black without having to go to the surface coated brakes.

sfr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4s MY 2021
Country flag
If you have Italian roots that could match ... ?

scav

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo (2022)
Country flag
I have a 4SCT mamba green and I think the red calipers contrasting the green looks fantastic. Can’t you order it with black calipers, without upgrading the brakes? I think that was an option, at least here in Norway.

OP
OP
Tino82

Tino82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I have a 4SCT mamba green and I think the red calipers contrasting the green looks fantastic. Can’t you order it with black calipers, without upgrading the brakes? I think that was an option, at least here in Norway.
It is an option at another £600.

Bigben

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I just looked up the spec and it’s about 6k over list,. Not many “nice to have things “ so they were trying to get a hefty premium on it.
Check out the market atm - it’s bonkers.
The cheapest CT4 with almost 0 extra on it goes for £105k, £25k over list. The cheapest 4S - bar the green machine - is £120-125k and well spec’d £135k. Turbo starts at £160k!
So yeah, for a dealer-sold 4S, £106k is indeed 20 grand below market…!

Bigben

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
It is an option at another £600.
For £600 I’d keep the brakes red (black ones are on the base and a bit plain imho) and get the wheels done in satin black at a reputable shop!

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera Sport Turismo 4S
Country flag
I am looking at ordering a mamba green 4s. However, it comes with red calipers. I don't want to pay over 2k for the white surface coated calipers and think it's a bit cheeky of porsche to charge for the "downgrade" colour of black calipers. I'm not the greatest fan of red and green together, though my wife tells me the rear light is red, as are the reflectors, and the badge (partially).

My interior is going to be truffle, so I don't want too many colours in the mix. I'm ordering the Spyder 21 inch wheels. What are everyone's thoughts on this colour mix?

Screenshot 2022-02-12 at 11.51.04.png

Screenshot 2022-02-12 at 11.57.20.png
The Mamba with red calipers looks good to me. I agree that the combo isnt great with Truffle Brown. I love Truffle Brown but I wouldn’t pair it with Mamba. Most of the other colors would work better with it.

OP
OP
Tino82

Tino82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
The Mamba with red calipers looks good to me. I agree that the combo isnt great with Truffle Brown. I love Truffle Brown but I wouldn’t pair it with Mamba. Most of the other colors would work better with it.
I love mamba and i love truffle - I'm not a fan of the lighter interior colours (plus i have small kids). I find black a bit bland, even when i specced it with the mamba accent interior door handles etc.

Meranti looked good initially but its a lot lighter in real life than on the configurator.

What about truffle with darksilver accents rather than the neodyme accents? I'd need to remove the red calipers for sure, though.

Discohead

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ipace, Macan GTS, TVR Chimaera 500
Country flag
I quite like the red calipers with the green.
Sponsored