My battery range says 208 miles… shouldn't it be 250 miles?

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
It's just the estimated range at a standstill. Enter a route and you'll get a precise calculation factoring roads, elevation etc.
That’s my findings as well. My standard routes still takes the same % of SoC as before uPdate and my consumption is still the same.
The only difference is estimated range (after charging)…after uPdate it’s around 375km (at 100%SoC) while it was between 400-420km before.
Sponsored

rb33gl

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan, Audi A3 TFSIe Hybrid, Porsche 964 (gone..)
Country flag
In my experience (2022 RWD, Performance+ battery, 20" wheels), I get around 240 -250 miles on a 100% charge, but 2 things make any charge disappear more quickly than anything else - cold amibient temperatures and short journeys. I can have 200 miles showing, drive 10 miles and it will drop to 180-185.
The best consumption I get is on long journeys of say 100+ miles, even on the motorway at, erm, the speed limit. I then find it is easy to beat the Guessometer - drive 120 from 240 showing and I'll arrive with 130 left.

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD, 1989 911 Carrera
Country flag
curious to wonder why you start a charge with 100 miles range. For me that range would indicate approx 40 to 45% SoC!
Perhaps your total range is much higher than mine (370 km/ 230 miles)?

You could achieve a similar charging by just setting the Profile charging differently, if you wanted??
When I am down around 100 miles of range, I top it off to 85% (let it charge overnight after adding a little bit). The reason is, what if I get an emergency call and need to go somewhere at a moments notice. I cannot add range quickly (it would take 15-20 min or more depending on traffic to get to an EA charger for a quick top up). Had it happen this summer. My son was 77 miles away and had a tire blow out and I had a back up wheel and tire in the car. Would have been a simple trip, but I was low on charge. I got there, but then had to drive around to find a EA to get home. It was in a pretty desolate area and no one around and after midnight. My wife felt unsafe so that was why I started topping it up. Usually it works out to Thursday night so I am at 85% for the weekend when I do more driving.

Chuck J

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Silver Taycan 4S, 2012 991 911 (sold), 1995 993 (Gave to son) 1965 356 (gave to son)
Country flag
I completely understand as I have come to know that range anxiety is not the range of the car, it is getting to a reliable high speed charger once you get to low SOC. Francis Energy is the worst I have found. You can look on their app and it won't even tell you if it is operating half the time and if you look on Plug share, everyone complains about them. Even Electrify America has incidents now and then when their who bank of chargers doesn't work. This got so bad, they figured out which ones were the worst (ABB) and replaced them with a reliable brand. It seems like everyone can take 50KW and that would be the minimum you would get. At least you wouldn't drive 100 miles to a charger that didn't work.

Chuck J

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab, i4
Country flag
Sounds like a very good reason to start charging at 100 miles @PDACPA . Thank you for clarifying1

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
as far as I am aware there isn't any AI involved that is looking at my past journey history and making assumptions about my upcoming ones!
I believe there is, in effect.
It almost certainly uses recent history of consumption in calculating future consumption I would think.
Our plug in Prius does and the calculated EV range varies around 20% depending on how it has recently been used, ambient temperature and is worst on winter tyres and cold. I imagine Porsche use a similar technique.
Sponsored