Battery Range: Is 100% full charge of 188 miles the best I can expect?

Rona

First Name
Rona
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan - Cayenne
Country flag
Is 100% full charge of 188 miles the best I can expect on my Taycan now or can I somehow improve this?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Rona

Rona

First Name
Rona
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan - Cayenne
Country flag
250-280 miles are possible
Please explain how it’s possible 🙏🏻
I’ve managed to squeeze another 3 miles out of it but that’s the most I’ve had for ages.

Porsche Taycan Battery Range: Is 100% full charge of 188 miles the best I can expect? IMG_6836

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
Is 100% full charge of 188 miles the best I can expect on my Taycan now or can I somehow improve this?
Do you have the standard 4S battery or the bigger option?

RBGtaycan

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia EV6; Taycan RWD....Past: 356, Cayman S
Country flag
Do you have the standard 4S battery or the bigger option?
I consistently get around 250 miles on the standard (small) battery in temperate weather. But it took a number of months of driving to see that calculation stabilize. Colder weather will reduce that number (as will, for example, mountainous driving or settings in your PCM (range mode vs. sport) (AC on eco mode vs. standard)).

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
4S has performance battery as standard and if not upgraded to performance battery plus then I'm afraid that in UK at this time of year your range will be sub 200 miles.

Perry

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla SP85D, Model P3D, Taycan Turbo S CT
Country flag
A few things to think about:

1. The range estimation is based on your typical driving style. If you mostly do short sessions of spirited highway driving, it will display shorter range than if you mostly do long sessions of consistent 50kph driving.

2. The estimation is based on you active driving mode. If you put it in range mode you will get a bit more range.

3. I see that you've specced the 21" aeroblade wheels. The ridiculously massive wheels are probably one the biggest inefficiency thieves for the Taycan. Switching to e.g. the 19" or 20" will give you a range boost.

4. Hard acceleration uses an enormous amount of power. This is of course especially true for the Turbo models, but it also applies to the 4s.

5. The range estimation is one thing, but what's more important is the power consumption. Go to my.porsche.com and check the trip log. Based on the consumption, you can easily calculate what your range is for each respective type of trip. You'll see that depending on the type of trip and driving style, one trip may have more than twice as much consumption as another trip.

Porsche Taycan Battery Range: Is 100% full charge of 188 miles the best I can expect? 1700416182254

andb

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
4. Hard acceleration uses an enormous amount of power. This is of course especially true for the Turbo models, but it also applies to the 4s.
Totally agree, I noticed that going uphill on a mountain pass following a group of supercars, half battery used. But its a Porsche, made to be driven and use fuel/electricity.

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
You can:

Drive less spirited
Reduce the AC temperature (in the winter, summer increase)
Move to a warmer country
Install smaller wheels

Or just wait a bit if the car is new, the range on the guessometer will go up.

Or don’t worry about what the guesstometer is predicting. It only matters when you do longer trips and with the bigger battery you should be able to have around 225 highway miles with 20 inch wheels and 25 degrees outside. Winter, fully loaded, ski box, etc much less.

Raphie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4s (21)
Country flag
I get 340km 4s pb+ 21” RS Spyder though

dstepin92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23' Taycan RWD
Country flag
Taycan Base + Performance Battery Plus + 19 wheels = typically my range guess 270 to 280. I drive spirited when I can or want to and usually stays about that. Honestly really depends on many factors and driving habits. Bigger question is, does it feel like it's lasting you long enough between charges?

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
You can also squeeze a few extra miles if you precondition the car with a timer while it's plugged in to the EVSE (it will draw on that shore power to precondition the car for departure). I recently tried this, and the mileage guesstimator actually accounts for it (the mileage goes up at the time of departure). Manually preheating from the app does not seem to use shore power, I haven't had time to fully figure it out though, maybe if left on long enough?

Jonathan S.

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
tinyurl.com
Vehicles
'22 4CT, '22 Audi A6 Allroad, '23 BMW i4 M50
Country flag
So the timer needs to be set ... from the car ... from the charger ... but not from the app?
Or just set the timer within the app at 60 minutes before departure, so not only is the cabin nice & toaster but the high-voltage battery is also all ready to go?

Archimedes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Impossible to say without knowing spec, battery type, temperature range, type of driving (city/highway), avg speed, driving style, etc.
Sponsored