Perry

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla SP85D, Model P3D, Taycan Turbo S CT
Country flag
Yesterday, I finished speccing and placed an order for a new CT. I don't have a build date yet, but preliminary indication is for a June delivery.

It's a relatively high-end spec, but feel free to come with suggestions for anything I should change. I went back and forth for a while regarding the optional Turbonite inlays, but eventually opted for the standard colours/high-gloss.

It was also a tough choice whether to go for another CT or switch to a ST, since that is what I originally actually wanted when I bought my first CT (the ST hadn't been released then). However, with time I've actually grown to like the rougher look of the CT, and it turns out I'm actually driving much more on barely maintained dirt roads than I originally believed I did. So this time, I decided to go "full CT" with offroad package and roof rails.

https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PSU9E4R8

The build code is for the international website, since the actual one I've configured is in Swedish.

Porsche Taycan MY25 CT Turbo S ordered iris

Porsche Taycan MY25 CT Turbo S ordered iris (1)

Last edited:
OP
OP
Perry

Perry

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Out of curiosity, what is your reason for replacing your current CT?
My plan was originally to keep my current CT for a few more years, but in the end, I found that the facelift was such a significant upgrade that fixed most of the pain points I had with the old Taycan that I felt it was worth the upgrade.

The extra range and charge speed was perhaps the most important factors. The old Taycan has acceptable range for the type of trips I do, but it's just barely, with very little margins. Driving between Stockholm and southern Sweden, I have to make one ~30 minute stop at one specific charging location right in the middle.

Even with just a 15% increase in range, would be a tremendous improvement, where I probably wouldn't even need to plan the route at all, and could stop essentially whenever I want to. The new Taycan has (on paper) ~35% improvement in range and maybe even more in cold weather if I'm reading the press materials right. That in combination with absolutely ridiculous charge curve, even in cold weather, is huge.

The other big thing that I've felt the Taycan is missing is a range of comfort features. The Taycan is a very sporty car with nice interior and build quality, but compared to other luxury brands or even the Panamera, it's pretty lacking in comfort features, which is OK, it's a sport car after all. However, the fact that they actually went ahead and added soft closing doors and numerous comfort enhancement with Active Ride is fantastic.

Coming from Tesla, I also definitely appreciate an improved Autopilot-like Innodrive, but it's too early to say how good that actually is in practice.

Then of course there's the increased performance, which is cool, but honestly a pretty minor reason for upgrading. The Turbo S was certainly quick enough.

Lastly, but perhaps most importantly, the real sole reason for upgrading is that they've replaced the regen button on the steering wheel with a dedicated next song button.

The old Taycan was an amazing car with some flaws that I fully accepted when I bought it. However, the new Taycan overall checks almost all the boxes for my perfect car (except for the PCM software, sadly). It's essentially what the Taycan always should have been.

UKPerson

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A8, MG 4, Taycan Turbo
Country flag
That's quite a spec! I had a quick look through and the things I thought about were:

- Inclusion of privacy glass (personally I don't like it)
- I would have gone for door sills and B pillars in leather. But this is purely a subjective thing
- No ioniser? Don't know if this does much but as a hay fever sufferer I would spec it
- You're not going for the 21 inch Aero Design wheels? I think they are a big part of the quoted extra range

On a side note. I am now getting used to the Turbo+ front styling. Previously I wasn't sure about it but it's really starting to grow on me. It was always going to happen! :)

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera Sport Turismo 4S
Country flag
My plan was originally to keep my current CT for a few more years, but in the end, I found that the facelift was such a significant upgrade that fixed most of the pain points I had with the old Taycan that I felt it was worth the upgrade.

The extra range and charge speed was perhaps the most important factors. The old Taycan has acceptable range for the type of trips I do, but it's just barely, with very little margins. Driving between Stockholm and southern Sweden, I have to make one ~30 minute stop at one specific charging location right in the middle.

Even with just a 15% increase in range, would be a tremendous improvement, where I probably wouldn't even need to plan the route at all, and could stop essentially whenever I want to. The new Taycan has (on paper) ~35% improvement in range and maybe even more in cold weather if I'm reading the press materials right. That in combination with absolutely ridiculous charge curve, even in cold weather, is huge.

The other big thing that I've felt the Taycan is missing is a range of comfort features. The Taycan is a very sporty car with nice interior and build quality, but compared to other luxury brands or even the Panamera, it's pretty lacking in comfort features, which is OK, it's a sport car after all. However, the fact that they actually went ahead and added soft closing doors and numerous comfort enhancement with Active Ride is fantastic.

Coming from Tesla, I also definitely appreciate an improved Autopilot-like Innodrive, but it's too early to say how good that actually is in practice.

Then of course there's the increased performance, which is cool, but honestly a pretty minor reason for upgrading. The Turbo S was certainly quick enough.

Lastly, but perhaps most importantly, the real sole reason for upgrading is that they've replaced the regen button on the steering wheel with a dedicated next song button.

The old Taycan was an amazing car with some flaws that I fully accepted when I bought it. However, the new Taycan overall checks almost all the boxes for my perfect car (except for the PCM software, sadly). It's essentially what the Taycan always should have been.
Thanks for sharing. Wishing you all the best with Gen 2. I am still somewhere between undecided and holding for something after Gen 2.

OP
OP
Perry

Perry

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
- I would have gone for door sills and B pillars in leather. But this is purely a subjective thing
- No ioniser? Don't know if this does much but as a hay fever sufferer I would spec it
Those should definitely have been included! I had to redo the whole configuration manually on the international website to get it in English for this post, so I must have misclicked there. I had accidentally clicked on some RaceTex option rather than the leather ones. I've updated the post with a new code. Technically, my actual build also doesn't include the floor mats and partition net, since I'm going to bring those over from my current CT.

- You're not going for the 21 inch Aero Design wheels? I think they are a big part of the quoted extra range
I'm still waiting for my dealer to come back to me regarding that, since for some reason those rims aren't available in the Swedish configurator. From the official numbers they seem increase the combined WLTP range with about 15 km, which is noticeable, but not deal breaking (compared to the ~165 km WLTP extra with the CT rims compared to my current Taycan). IIRC, a significant difference for the wheels are the new EV efficiency tyres, that all new wheels have.

We'll see. If they aren't available in Sweden, then I'm happy that the choice was made for me, but otherwise I'll have to really think about whether I prefer the extra range or the (in my opinion) much better aesthetics of the CT rims.

Edit: I was actually talking about the "21-inch Taycan Exclusive Design Wheels", not the Aero Design ones, which are of course available in Sweden. I guess the answer is similar though, it's a question of from vs function.

Last edited:

Ferdinand

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S as of Feb 2021; before, BMW i3
Country flag
Yesterday, I finished speccing and placed an order for a new CT. I don't have a build date yet, but preliminary indication is for a June delivery.

It's a relatively high-end spec, but feel free to come with suggestions for anything I should change. I went back and forth for a while regarding the optional Turbonite inlays, but eventually opted for the standard colours/high-gloss.

It was also a tough choice whether to go for another CT or switch to a ST, since that is what I originally actually wanted when I bought my first CT (the ST hadn't been released then). However, with time I've actually grown to like the rougher look of the CT, and it turns out I'm actually driving much more on barely maintained dirt roads than I originally believed I did. So this time, I decided to go "full CT" with offroad package and roof rails.

The build code is for the international website, since the actual one I've configured is in Swedish.

iris.jpeg

iris (1).jpeg

Porsche Taycan MY25 CT Turbo S ordered iris

Porsche Taycan MY25 CT Turbo S ordered iris (1)
Add the Smoker Package (under Comfort and everyday usability), NOT to smoke in your Taycan but to give you a handy cup with a lid to put stuff in (loose change, small bottle of hand sanitizer). It’s a zero-cost option. I forgot to choose it, and it would be handy. If I order a new Taycan, I will get it.
Porsche Taycan MY25 CT Turbo S ordered IMG_5763

WasserGKuehlt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4CT, 996C2, MacanS
Country flag
We should all be so clear and focused on what we want.

However, the new Taycan overall checks almost all the boxes for my perfect car (except for the PCM software, sadly).
Keep a reason for the next one/gen.

perski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche C2S, CT4
Country flag
Regarding skipping the partition net, don't you have to order it to actually get the roof attachment points?

OP
OP
Perry

Perry

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Add the Smoker Package (under Comfort and everyday usability), NOT to smoke in your Taycan but to give you a handy cup with a lid to put stuff in (loose change, small bottle of hand sanitizer). It’s a zero-cost option. I forgot to choose it, and it would be handy. If I order a new Taycan, I will get it.
IMG_5763.jpeg
It's actually ~€53 in Sweden (600kr), however, since I specced it with my old car, I'm probably just going to bring it with me.

Regarding skipping the partition net, don't you have to order it to actually get the roof attachment points?
That's an extremely good point. I did inform my dealer that I would be bringing the net over, but I'll definitely make sure that they quadruple check about the attachment points. It would suck immensely if I didn't get that feature.

Edit: For what it's worth, the attachment points seem to be included in the 3D visualiser even when the partition net isn't configured.

Last edited:

T16ole

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT Turbo
Country flag
You’ve pretty much ticked everything.

enjoy!!!!

kempez

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo ST, Volvo XC90 T8
Country flag
Looks very similar to a saved configuration I have in my Porsche portal, apart from the new aero wheels, the roof rails and tinted glass as well as a few more personal interior choices! Enjoy

Propofoln

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag

iris.jpeg

iris (1).jpeg
Rich AF!!