Octopus energy now supports Porsche for intelligent tariff.

Sebbo

First Name
Sebastian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS Taycan 4S CLA 45S
Country flag
Octopus energy now supports Porsche for the intelligent tariff which is great news.

Just wanted to give folks a heads up if you haven’t already seen it in the app.
Sponsored

TAYC4S

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911C4S; Jag F-TypeR; Taycan4S; Turbo+992 (ordered)
Country flag
Octopus energy now supports Porsche for the intelligent tariff which is great news.

Just wanted to give folks a heads up if you haven’t already seen it in the app.
Which app?

anonymouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Sport Turismo
Country flag
Supports the car, or the Porsche EVSE unit? (I don't have the latter -we have an Easee One unit instead).

OP
OP
Sebbo

Sebbo

First Name
Sebastian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Supports the car, or the Porsche EVSE unit? (I don't have the latter -we have an Easee One unit instead).
Supports the car, I just signed up with my GTS without issue. I think it's just a case of finding your charger and if they have that, you're good to go.

anonymouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Sport Turismo
Country flag
Good news. But first I guess I should work out the impact of moving all our daytime electricity use other than the car and dishwasher from 33.52p/kWh (current rate after government cap) to 41.11p (Intelligence Octopus day rate)? We have a hefty household bill (lots of computers, devices, amps etc running all day) so I'm not sure the Intelligent tariff will be worth it unless I drive a lot of miles ending up at home. Unless I'm missing something.

OP
OP
Sebbo

Sebbo

First Name
Sebastian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Good news. But first I guess I should work out the impact of moving all our daytime electricity use other than the car and dishwasher from 33.52p/kWh (current rate after government cap) to 41.11p (Intelligence Octopus day rate)? We have a hefty household bill (lots of computers, devices, amps etc running all day) so I'm not sure the Intelligent tariff will be worth it unless I drive a lot of miles ending up at home. Unless I'm missing something.
I'm no expert on the different prices up and down the country, but this is what they give me on intelligent

Unit rate (23:30 - 05:30):
7.50p/ kWh
Unit rate (05:30 - 23:30):
38.58p/ kWh
Standing Charge:

53.96p/ day

The cheap hours are vastly Improved compared to what we were on before (go while waiting for this integration to go live).

Sounds like yours is more?

mangobay

First Name
Omar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST 2023. Cayman GT4 (981); BMW X5 40i
Country flag
Im a longstanding Octo Go customer but have been waiting for this possible development too. Does anyone know please how it works if you have two EVs? Both of mine would be supported but can the Intelligent system operate with more than one EV to control? And is the 6 hour window guaranteed to be at the low-level rate each night regardless of having a car plugged in?

Apologies in advance for being lazy in my research...
thanks

IainW

First Name
Iain
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
Im a longstanding Octo Go customer but have been waiting for this possible development too. Does anyone know please how it works if you have two EVs? Both of mine would be supported but can the Intelligent system operate with more than one EV to control? And is the 6 hour window guaranteed to be at the low-level rate each night regardless of having a car plugged in?

Apologies in advance for being lazy in my research...
thanks
No it will only support one vehicle. Get an Ohme if you need to charge 2 vehicles or more. 6 hours is the min, sometimes longer. Depends upon wholesale market conditions.

Midlifecrisis

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Taycan 4S (sold). Macan SD (sold)
Country flag
They say that they can only support 1 EV. But as suggested, I imagine you can use an Ohme for more than one. Alternatively, just plug in the second EV and set charging times from 11.30-05.30. It will come as cheap electricity - and for the rest of the house. We are currently on it with my wife's RR and I plan to just plug mine in on a timer over night. I rarely need to charge more than 40kWh in one go so I think this should work fine.

If anyone wants a referral code so we both get £50 then just message me!

Speuk

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT 4S in Dolomite Silver
Country flag
Yep, unless you have solar or battery storage OVO Charge Anytime is a better deal.
I assume Octopus Intelligent will also use Kaluza software to control the car profiles and timers?

Midlifecrisis

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I don’t think it’s Kaluza, I think it’s something else - but happy to be corrected.

Octopus gives you whole house energy for 6 hours overnight cheaply at 7.5p and for charging. But as you say, many may be better with Ovo unless you have solar with a battery

Midlifecrisis

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Looks like it uses their own “Kraken” software. No idea what that is…

Speuk

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT 4S in Dolomite Silver
Country flag
I don’t think it’s Kaluza, I think it’s something else - but happy to be corrected.

Octopus gives you whole house energy for 6 hours overnight cheaply at 7.5p and for charging. But as you say, many may be better with Ovo unless you have solar with a battery
Yes it will come down to individual circumstances. I use about 7000kwh pa for domestic use and being lazy I thought I would only time shift a max 5% of that into night hours so additional daytime rate wiped out most of the saving on charging
Sponsored