Techwizard100

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
You could add MMB box (CarPlay without limits), its on android and has a hdmi output.
The only thing we need is a proper solution for the seat mounts.

Or like many doing on a Tesla: Just use a suction mount on the glass roof for an iPad.
Already have a CarinMB box - works a treat

Porsche Taycan Passenger screen retrofit F8412870-FBD0-41F2-8E26-C8E1DDA3F506
Sponsored

paladin732

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan, Lucid
Country flag
Already have a CarinMB box - works a treat

F8412870-FBD0-41F2-8E26-C8E1DDA3F506.jpeg
is that just from plugging in to USB like the MMBBox? Where does CarinBox come from? A quick Google search turned up nothing.

Will that show on the passenger screen, or only the main screen? (I know Carplay, atleast on the 2020 software can only be on that screen)

Techwizard100

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
is that just from plugging in to USB like the MMBBox? Where does CarinBox come from? A quick Google search turned up nothing.

Will that show on the passenger screen, or only the main screen? (I know Carplay, atleast on the 2020 software can only be on that screen)
Yep, plug it in and select new “Carlin Kit” CarPlay Box and you get full CarPlay with all apps.

It’s my understanding that Video shows on both screens at the same time. Not super useful but OK.

- sorry about the typo.

Porsche Taycan Passenger screen retrofit 00B2BF56-2DAE-4073-9C06-FF5D2FB0DE6F

Porsche Taycan Passenger screen retrofit 89D95E8F-1E28-4D70-B971-38F689AB0D3A

Porsche Taycan Passenger screen retrofit 10435418-E821-4C08-A00C-7F2C63618718

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag

Not sure if you’re referring to a plug in box setup or simply the Apple CarPlay from phone but with phone it shows on both screens in my 2022.

paladin732

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan, Lucid
Country flag
Not sure if you’re referring to a plug in box setup or simply the Apple CarPlay from phone but with phone it shows on both screens in my 2022.
Just wireless carplay in general. On my 2020 with the 2021 update it ONLY shows on the middle screen, not the passenger screen. I guess I'll find out when I get mine back from the 2023 update.

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
Just wireless carplay in general. On my 2020 with the 2021 update it ONLY shows on the middle screen, not the passenger screen. I guess I'll find out when I get mine back from the 2023 update.
Ah right - yes wireless dual screen video std in my 2022 so hopefully if all the 'noise' about this 2023 PCM comparability update is for real then indeed it will be ported to the 20/21 models.

PorscheCH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan turbo CT
Country flag
Yep, plug it in and select new “Carlin Kit” CarPlay Box and you get full CarPlay with all apps.

It’s my understanding that Video shows on both screens at the same time. Not super useful but OK.

- sorry about the typo.
Sorry to go OT for a quick question - I'm about to buy the same box - I use Apple CarPlay (wired or wireless) in a my2020. Works without a glitch (unlike the PCM). But my iPhone is connected to a portable LTE/4g router as it allows quick roaming across different countries (Switzerland, Germany, Austria, Italy, etc.) a bit like the Taycan LTE connection does.

Can I connect the Carlinkit to the portable router in your opinion without having to hotspot the iPhone?

thanks

Techwizard100

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Sorry to go OT for a quick question - I'm about to buy the same box - I use Apple CarPlay (wired or wireless) in a my2020. Works without a glitch (unlike the PCM). But my iPhone is connected to a portable LTE/4g router as it allows quick roaming across different countries (Switzerland, Germany, Austria, Italy, etc.) a bit like the Taycan LTE connection does.

Can I connect the Carlinkit to the portable router in your opinion without having to hotspot the iPhone?

thanks
Yep the kit is a full android device with both Wi-Fi and cellular connection options. So simply connect the kit to Wi-Fi router/hotspot of your choice.

The device also has an onboard Sim card slot so you can actually put a separate Sim card in it just like a phone to connect.

This is the way I use it. I have a cheap Sim card that I keep loaded so I don’t conflict with the main Carplay option on my phone.

The car simply sees another device connected that it thinks is a phone and shows up in device manager. I swap between the two as I wish to swap between the two CarPlay connections.

That being said I haven’t tested all the combinations of router/hotspot situation that the car offers.

YLA G

First Name
Yves
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mini Countryman, Tesla P3D - Order: Taycan ST
Country flag
My dealer said that it only shows on the middle screen that is why I didn’t take the passenger screen option :(

Merc270

First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT turbo
Country flag
Hey. Does anyone know if main screen with passenger's same for left and right hand drive? Or they r different?

ATLTurboS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
I’m going to dig into this. I think it is doable. Screen+Dongle+Programming
Did you ever find out more on it. I had Suncoast send me the parts diagrams I can post but I cant determine if the entire wiring harness is different or if its just a secondary cable. There are 2 plugs into the back of the double display so there is another cable hookup required. Perhaps it may already be there unused? Who knows.

Very interested in doing this. You can find screens cheap now (1-1.5K) so it may be possible if it can be coded in.

Techwizard100

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Did you ever find out more on it. I had Suncoast send me the parts diagrams I can post but I cant determine if the entire wiring harness is different or if its just a secondary cable. There are 2 plugs into the back of the double display so there is another cable hookup required. Perhaps it may already be there unused? Who knows.

Very interested in doing this. You can find screens cheap now (1-1.5K) so it may be possible if it can be coded in.
Got to the same result. My bet is that it’s a sub-cable that splits into the two plugs. Wouldn’t make sense to engineer two long harnesses with and without two end plugs. Should be a simple y-jack like situation + coding.

Dealer standard line is “not possible…”

Hoping someone can take a car apart and figure this out at some point.
Sponsored

Last edited: