tylerdurden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
Hiya,
So my Tyacan has a GTequinue ceramic coat,

My normal routine is as follows: Snow foam via pressure washer > agitiate alloys with snow foam on > rinse > microfibre wash with shampoo using 2 bucket method > rinse > microfibre dry

This is my routine on my other cars,

This is the first time ive had a coated car. Everyone says they are easier to clean but I want an idea of what to do.

Snow foam and rinse isn't enough for me to run a dry cloth over as I would worry about scratches

Any advice for a quick details will be gratefully received.
Sponsored

gtm

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'73 Lotus, '23 GTS
Country flag
Hiya,

My normal routine is as follows: Snow foam via pressure washer > agitiate alloys with snow foam on > rinse > microfibre wash with shampoo using 2 bucket method > rinse > microfibre dry

This is the first time ive had a coated car. Everyone says they are easier to clean but I want an idea of what to do.

Snow foam and rinse isn't enough for me to run a dry cloth over as I would worry about scratches

You can't be too careful with a wash but I think you are overdoing it. One very real benefit of the ceramic coating is that it is very hard. With several ceramic coated cars all I have done is wash with a microfiber wash mitt, rinse, blow mostly dry with a leaf blower and then towel off any remaining moisture. After two years there are none of the spider web marks, much less an actual scratch from washing. Ever 2 years I polish the car and apply new ceramic. Any marks are in the ceramic and not the paint and disappear with polishing. Ceramic won't stop stone chips but seems pretty impervious to any hazards from washing. Just my approach but I drive my car everywhere so I expect and am resigned to living with a mark or two.

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
Hiya,

If you talk to a good detailer, I think he will be pleased with your routine. Some recommend drying with a special blower or good electric leaf blower to get rid of most water.

Your routine should make the ceramic coat last a long time. As mentioned by others, adding some easy to apply additional ceramic coating as maintenance is good. But be careful to do this in the shade or in a garage, else you may introduce streaks etc.

I have used one of these with a foam gun and got great results. super easy and quick to apply. There are many similar formulas in the market though.

https://www.carboncollective.com/hybrid-coating/
Sponsored