Race Tex

Mr. Mercedes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
W223 S450, X3M40i
Country flag
Hi all,

So how many of you guys have opted for the 2 Race Tex package options and how many are just doing a full leather interior on the GTS?

I'm interested in knowing, because while the the GTS does come with 2 unique Race Tex packages, the application of the fabric goes a long way. Probably a bit too far as it doesn't seem like it would be a practical option to have all along the lower dashboard and transmission tunnel.

Thoughts?
Sponsored

scav

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo (2022)
Country flag
I wish my CT had the option to put it everywhere. Annoys me that they could not provide that as an alternative to leather. Now I understand why, though.

I would go full race-tex in a heartbeat. Both for ethical and aesthetic reasons.

Sidicks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S1, Porsche Taycan ST GTS
Country flag
I wish my CT had the option to put it everywhere. Annoys me that they could not provide that as an alternative to leather. Now I understand why, though.

I would go full race-tex in a heartbeat. Both for ethical and aesthetic reasons.
I think the GTS interior still has some leather, doesn't it?

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
I liked the combination of racetex and leather in the GTS but sisnce it was only available in black, and I am dying to have a change from the ubiquitous black, and no massage seats with GTS interior so I have stuck with 4S

zzy45

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS
Country flag
Two tone (Bordeaux) leather +1

most of the GTS builds I have seen here have opted for leather:movember:

Sidicks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
So how many of you guys have opted for the 2 Race Tex package options and how many are just doing a full leather interior on the GTS?
To clarify, there are 3 RaceTex packages:
1. Black (standard, in the UK at least)
2. With Red stitching and red belts
3. With Silver stitching and silver belts

Is that what you mean?

I will definitely be having the RaceTex interior on my ST GTS, but I am still unsure what colour I will go for.

Rob28

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan GTS, '22 Lexus NX350 (Wife's)
Country flag
Two tone (Bordeaux) leather +1

most of the GTS builds I have seen here have opted for leather:movember:
I did this on my GTS build too (bordeaux leather). My reasoning for no race tex was 1. wife didn't like it. 2. because of covid I use hand sanitizer every time i get in the car. In reading about race tex, I understand it is very difficult if not impossible to clean. And as much as I take care of my cars, thing still happen and i don't want gross marks on the steering wheel. If I was getting a McLaren (my dream 'supercar') which i would be driving maybe 10 times a year, i would opt for the alcantara interior and never ever have food/drinks in that car. But the taycan will be used more often than 10 times a year.

Sidicks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I did this on my GTS build too (bordeaux leather). My reasoning for no race tex was 1. wife didn't like it. 2. because of covid I use hand sanitizer every time i get in the car. In reading about race tex, I understand it is very difficult if not impossible to clean. And as much as I take care of my cars, thing still happen and i don't want gross marks on the steering wheel. If I was getting a McLaren (my dream 'supercar') which i would be driving maybe 10 times a year, i would opt for the alcantara interior and never ever have food/drinks in that car. But the taycan will be used more often than 10 times a year.
I think it would be true to say that Racetex might take more looking after than leather. However it's certainly not impossible or particularly difficult with a modicum of care.

Hence I will be ordering RaceTex!

darth_maul_80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4 , Taycan GTS
Country flag
I’m getting the carmine red package in my GTS purely because our CT4 (only just arrived in Sheerness so yet to take delivery) already has Bordeaux red seats so don’t need two cars with same colour seats.

Dealer also said they can treat the race tex so that it’s more durable and hydrophobic to liquids

Discohead

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ipace, Macan GTS, TVR Chimaera 500
Country flag
Did they say what they would treat it with? Thinking something like scotchgard maybe?

aatothek

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
E92 M3, S6 AVANT C7, Taycan GTS (on order)
Country flag
I love the GTS Race Tex interior in all its guises and I'd have it in a heartbeat, but I've young children so it has to be all black leather for me ?

OP
OP

Mr. Mercedes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
W223 S450, X3M40i
Country flag
I love the GTS Race Tex interior in all its guises and I'd have it in a heartbeat, but I've young children so it has to be all black leather for me ?
Thank for the feedback guys.

I'm going to have a Race Tex interior for 6 months while I wait for my custom build. I think i'll go for leather in the custom build. I find the application of the Race Tex on the transmission tunnel a bit too much aesthetically.

Now I need to decide on the leather...

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
but I've young children so it has to be all black leather for me ?
I bought a car and optioned the Alcantara interior in 2005. It was easy to clean and looked great. My daughter is still using it to ferry grandchildren to school and at 15 years old it still looks fine and is easy to clean.
Probably not liquid proof for a spilled drink but neither is perforated leather...
I would go for it in a shot if available in non-black to match Mamba (I am bored rigid by the ubiquitous black interior) but it isn't.

scav

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo (2022)
Country flag
So do I. No leather in my car, but you can protect any interior or fabric and make it hydrophobic. These cars are so nice, even with kids you are still going to take extra care of everything in the backseat (I hope).
Sponsored