Race-tex vs Standard Interior

Fedex77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M3 E92, Range Rover Sport HST
Country flag
How would you say the leather free option stacks up against the standard interior? I am hoping it's at least a step up from that interior.
It’s not in my opinion. It depends on whether you like partial leather or cloth (race-tex ) seats. The dash and trim are the same.
Sponsored

Fedex77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M3 E92, Range Rover Sport HST
Country flag
The big problem is the only bits which are different are the parts which are genuine leather in the standard interior, so all of the fake leather is identical on each and that doesn’t justify the cost. Even if they used the same fake leather but added the double stitching for an improved appearance it would offer more of an upgrade.

Leather free is a £2800 option in the UK and I just wouldn’t pay that for what you get but if it was half of that I would have it in a heartbeat as it does look more sporty.
exactly. I’m not sure how they justified the full leather cost for a leather free interior that shares most of its parts with the free standard interior.

RingoDingo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I suspect if luxury is your priority you won’t be happy with anything less than full leather. If I had to do it over again I would have gotten racetex because the Taycan is a pain in the ass to get in and out of regularly, and I have a feeling that awkward ingress and egress will cause premature wear on the leather.
My standard leather seat is already coming loose in the seat. But racetex seems the opposite of luxurious.

WasserGKuehlt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4CT, 996C2, MacanS
Country flag
race-Tex (leather free) is a cost option, but the only difference from standard is that the seats have race-Tex inserts instead of the partial leather.

It is not worth the money or should be a free alternative to standard interior.

Full leather is the same cost but gives you better leather coverage on the sears and wrapped surfaces on the seats
I think we’re in agreement, and I must have misunderstood your initial statement: “The race-tex Interior is the standard interior with fabric inserts on the seats.” to mean that it is the standard.

As an aside, I looked long and hard at RaceTex, even found some Pcar to sit in at the local dealership. I thought it’d be impossible to clean off dog hair, and I’d have to brush it constantly to keep my OCD in check.

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
I have a GTS.
It has chalk leather interior.
I think there might be some of that mouse fur on the pillars or the headliner surround.

I would not want it everywhere.

First Name
Amit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, Model X Plaid, Odyssey
Country flag
I got the leather-free racetex on my GTS. I didn't really compare it with the standard or full leather or the standard GTS leather/racetext interior as this was a religious decision for me. With the thermal/noise insulating windows, the interior really doesn't get hot in the Florida sun. The cloth in the middle is a little rougher that what I was expecting, but is fine once you get used to it. In general, I really like it and glad I went it with it.

EDIT: I was able to get ventilated + adaptive 18 way seat combination (US).

DGW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS Rubystar, Fiat 500e La Prima Cabriolet
Country flag
I don't really get some saying "hey it's a GTS, race-tex is a must!" i got rid of most race-tex options on my upcoming GTS
I like race-tex to a (very limited) certain extent: headliner, sun visors, dash. basically places you rarely get your hands on.
I'd certainly not want race-tex seats, armrests, and b-pillars, it always looks dirty and it's gross when it gets dirty. vegan (synthetic) leather is way better, looks neat, and is easy to maintain and clean.
but to each their own!

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
true, hence the ventilated seats there are for
I havn't seen a car with ventilated imitation leather seats but am prepared to belive they exist :)

DGW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS Rubystar, Fiat 500e La Prima Cabriolet
Country flag
I havn't seen a car with ventilated imitation leather seats but am prepared to belive they exist :)
i think the standard "smooth leather" is (or partially) synthetic leather? but i could be wrong
race-tex seats can't be optioned with ventilated seats at least on a Taycan

Sidicks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S1, Porsche Taycan ST GTS
Country flag
EDIT: I was able to get ventilated + adaptive 18 way seat combination (US).
I thought it was only the 14-way seats that have the option of being ventilated? That certainly used to be the case.

most_vexing_parse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
e-tron, Porsche Taycan GTS, Macan Turbo (order)
Country flag
I thought it was only the 14-way seats that have the option of being ventilated? That certainly used to be the case.
The 18-way Leather Interior seats (standard or Olea Club) can be optioned as ventilated as well.

OP
OP

gryphon99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 CRV, 2020 Highlander, 2023 Taycan 4s incoming
Country flag
i think the standard "smooth leather" is (or partially) synthetic leather? but i could be wrong
In the US you can get 14 way with race tex Interior and ventilated seats. The car I was looking at had that.

I think I'm just a leather guy and not race tex. Nothing against it, but after watching a video the dealer made for me, it didn't seem to be worth what I'd be paying to go from standard to race tex unless I had an allergy 😄

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
The standard partial leather seats in the less expensive models have seat facings and bolster sides in leather, the rest synthetic, so only the parts of the seats you sit on are leather.
The smooth leather interior is pretty well all leather, including most dash and door trim.

The GTS racetex and leather interior is not available with ventilated seats, but all the other non-leather, ie racetex and recycled material fabric “vegan” options, are.
Sponsored