Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
I'm very tempted to cancel my recall appointment next week. I have no issues with the car and only noticed it because of this thread. Not sure if it's worth a drive in the cold and dark 1hr each way to sit and wait for most of the day. Might wait until summer
Exactly this......
I am up early to take mine in today.
Expecting to waste the best part of a day there (no loan cars), so taking work and will also walk to the shopping place nearby.

Never had to do this with any previous cars.
Sponsored

Nipri

First Name
Rajesh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ice Grey Taycan
Country flag
Tesla recalling 2 million cars worldwide!

jonjon808

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
I'm very tempted to cancel my recall appointment next week. I have no issues with the car and only noticed it because of this thread. Not sure if it's worth a drive in the cold and dark 1hr each way to sit and wait for most of the day. Might wait until summer
Mine is in today (and I got a crappy BMW as a loan car). Also in for a separate minor niggle, but when talking with the dealership, they said that the software update could wait until the next service (for me, about 10 months away). Make of that what you will, but to me it says that this is not all that important!

Dabz

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S PB+
Country flag
Mine is in today (and I got a crappy BMW as a loan car). Also in for a separate minor niggle, but when talking with the dealership, they said that the software update could wait until the next service (for me, about 10 months away). Make of that what you will, but to me it says that this is not all that important!
That’s excellent, thanks. I’m going to cancel and wait

Murph7355

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST; TVR Griffith 500; Caterham 7; Volvo XC90
Country flag
Answer a £568.00 exterior car cover free of charge for the inconvenience of the recalls ..they had to lift me off the floor after id collapsed🤔😯🤑😁
9J104400013_LR.jpg
Now THAT is lucky.

How many recalls did it have to go in for before you got that?

Clod Reed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Neptune blue Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
Now THAT is lucky.

How many recalls did it have to go in for before you got that?
Just the software update and the battery sealant ….i know still can’t believe it 😵💫
i had ordered it …to pick up with the car when the recall had been completed ….when it came to paying for it ..I was told we will take care of it …you can have it for any inconvenience caused by the recall (none really😀)
will now be ordering something with every recall🤓🤣

Last edited:
OP
OP
RichardPB

RichardPB

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S CT Gentian Blue /retired AR Quadrifolio
Country flag
Went in with LTE connections issues and no access to Porsche ID/account /app – permanent privacy mode hoping PCM reset, and update would solve it has not. A ticket raised with Germany yesterday likely new PCM needed but they need to approve! Been in OPC since Monday got a nice new loaner Taycan GTS but only till Wednesday then they want to swap back even if mine not fixed!

OP
OP
RichardPB

RichardPB

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S CT Gentian Blue /retired AR Quadrifolio
Country flag
Went in with LTE connections issues and no access to Porsche ID/account /app – permanent privacy mode hoping PCM reset, and update would solve it has not. A ticket raised with Germany yesterday likely new PCM needed but they need to approve! Been in OPC since Monday got a nice new loaner Taycan GTS but only till Wednesday then they want to swap back even if mine not fixed!
Good news all fixed much better PCM funtionality /speed and connectivity to vehicle via My Porsche app/web excellent help and support from my suppling dealer /OPC Porsche South London thanks especially to Jake in Service

Last edited: