Recall: High Voltage Battery May Short Circuit APB5 (2021-23) - December 13, 2023

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
Just curious, why?
I am NOT an SUV person. I am honestly not a 4-door person either. My cars were Boxsters and 911s before going electric, and I really wish Porsche had an option to accommodate me.

I know the E-Boxster is coming soon and that's been my plan of record, but I am really getting disgusted with Porsche's shortcomings as of late.

Vim Schrotnock

First Name
Vim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTB1 Race Cayman, Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
I gotta be honest, if my car is affected and it's out of commission for weeks to months, I might just be done with this thing.

I keep envying my wife's Model 3 for a variety of reasons:

- Software updates are frequent, AT HOME, and fun.
- The radio ALWAYS works.
- The car recognizes me by my phone and I don't have to use a separate fob.
- When I put the car in park the seat and wheel automatically move to a position I can get out, and automatically revert when I get in. (I have to manually use presets 2 and 3 on my door for this, every single time.)
- The charging network is plentiful and drama free.
- Repairs are way more reasonable (I'm still stinging from the 16K roof repair...and have purchased $500 in parts from suncoast to remediate damage that happened during.)

I love Porsches, but I'm firmly an EV driver now, and they only give me one option with a lot of tradeoffs. (The E-Macan is a non-starter for me.)
I feel your pain on a lot of these points, but why is your seat/wheel not automatically moving to your preset position? Have you set the key fob with your presets? 🤔

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
I feel your pain on a lot of these points, but why is your seat/wheel not automatically moving to your preset position? Have you set the key fob with your presets? 🤔
It does but what it doesn’t do is move the seat back and wheel forward when I’m exiting. I have to press and hold seat memory 3. Like an animal.

Vim Schrotnock

First Name
Vim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTB1 Race Cayman, Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
It does but what it doesn’t do is move the seat back and wheel forward when I’m exiting. I have to press and hold seat memory 3. Like an animal.
Something's not right. Mine moves the seat back and lifts the steering wheel when I open the door.

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
Something's not right. Mine moves the seat back and lifts the steering wheel when I open the door.
Mine moves the seat back a little bit (not enough), and can't lift the wheel because I already run it at the top extent. What I want is for it to go inward.

Uknown

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S MY20
Country flag
I gotta be honest, if my car is affected and it's out of commission for weeks to months, I might just be done with this thing.

I keep envying my wife's Model 3 for a variety of reasons:

- Software updates are frequent, AT HOME, and fun.
- The radio ALWAYS works.
- The car recognizes me by my phone and I don't have to use a separate fob.
- When I put the car in park the seat and wheel automatically move to a position I can get out, and automatically revert when I get in. (I have to manually use presets 2 and 3 on my door for this, every single time.)
- The charging network is plentiful and drama free.
- Repairs are way more reasonable (I'm still stinging from the 16K roof repair...and have purchased $500 in parts from suncoast to remediate damage that happened during.)

I love Porsches, but I'm firmly an EV driver now, and they only give me one option with a lot of tradeoffs. (The E-Macan is a non-starter for me.)

I feel like mine use to auto adjust nicely, and stopped at some point. Now it moves only a tiny amount. I didn’t think about it much, when I am back from vacation I will check my settings and fob and see if I can get it to be like it was when I bought the car.

For your roof not that it helps, but I had mine replaced in MN and the roof costs plus labor for windshield removal was about $7,800. The windshield was another $2300 I think … it is a little murky with labor mixed around.. and the dealer dealt with the windshield as I was getting the run around trying to use the insurance I purchased through them.

I also got the distinct impression that it took them more time than they thought it would. I love the pano glass, but am stressed about it now. I check it constantly for chips. It feels like this should be easier to replace. The glass it self for the roof I think was about $3k.

I have never had my phone be my key, and I don’t have other drivers driving my car….it is an interesting idea but (probably since I have never had the option to have it in my vehicles) I don’t miss it or feel it is a deal breaker. I am not sure how I feel about the security of my key being network connected as well.

Onyxta123

First Name
DJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Taycan 4s
Country flag
Has anyone scheduled an appointment for this recall yet? I just received an email from the dealer asking me to reach out to them for an appointment. The notice says two days for the work to be completed, but that doesn't account for the time to transport the battery pack back and forth plus the potential time to order parts. Needless to say, I'm a bit reluctant to bring the car in but know that I need to.

Uknown

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S MY20
Country flag
Has anyone scheduled an appointment for this recall yet? I just received an email from the dealer asking me to reach out to them for an appointment. The notice says two days for the work to be completed, but that doesn't account for the time to transport the battery pack back and forth plus the potential time to order parts. Needless to say, I'm a bit reluctant to bring the car in but know that I need to.
Did you get a notice from Porsche ever? Or just the dealer asking you to schedule?

EscapeGoat23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan Turbo Cross Turismo
Country flag
I'm scheduled for later this week.

EscapeGoat23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan Turbo Cross Turismo
Country flag
Please let us know if the dealer has any estimate on how long this might take and when you actually get your car back. Thanks!!
Dropped off today. Dealer said I was the first one they processed - they expect the service to take about 4 weeks.

Mike in CA

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S, '19 e-Tron, '24 GMC 2500HD Duramax
Country flag
I posted about this in another thread but the short version is that, yes, my car is currently at the dealership for this recall. I took it in on June 3rd and was told the repair would take 4 weeks. At the 3 week mark I called for an update and was told that the battery was shipped to the repair facility, in my case Oklahoma City, sometime in week 2. That means around 10 days passed before it was sent off. I was told it would be 4-5 weeks from that date before the battery would be returned and then, of course, it must be reinstalled. Realistically, I'm looking at around 2 months without the car.

I think it's very misleading for the letter to say that the repair will take two days, which clearly does not include the battery turnaround time. The obvious implication is that the customer will have their vehicle back in a much shorter time frame than is actually the case.
Sponsored