Mr.Smith

First Name
PaulS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS E-Tron GT, VW ID.4 Pro
Country flag
From what I understand, correct me if I am wrong, the unfiltered response does not remap the throttle settings. It simply removes the throttle adaptations that come from factory to muffle your throttle input based on a couple hundred miles of driving.
Basically like an ICE car that does transmission adaptation, and how strong the throttle response is based on your driving. This removes that learning ability and makes it the way Porsche would have set it up from the factory

So Normal will still be normal but feel more brisk, Sport will be sport, Sport Plus will still be sport Plus, with no changes even after a few hundred miles. Since its set to max, you will feel a little more response than just how it came from the factory, but remember the actual throttle maps are not changed.

One of the things I intend to do when I do this mod is to describe what the unfiltered response feels like with the car as is vs with the ECU reset vs with the unfiltered response.
You are correct about the filters for each setting mode.
It still has a filter, even in Sport +. The unfiltered modification removes all of it for a more aggressive throttle response.
It still wont be like the Tesla, but a significant improvement over stock.
Sponsored

WasserGKuehlt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4CT, 996C2, MacanS
Country flag
You are correct about the filters for each setting mode.
It still has a filter, even in Sport +. The unfiltered modification removes all of it for a more aggressive throttle response.
It still wont be like the Tesla, but a significant improvement over stock.
Now I’m back to being confused again. @ElectricV8Biturbo is talking about adaptive “throttle” response per driver - ie the car adapts its own response based on driver behavior, and no 2 cars wouod exhibit the same response curve.

Based on what you said earlier, as well as my own observations (had the car since new), this is not what the RedShift feature does; as I understand, there is a standard mapping of pedal travel to current drawn from battery, which is not linear on purpose for drivability.

Would be great to have a clear definition of this mod.

Avantgarde

First Name
Eugene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' Taycan RWD PB+, 21' X5 Xdrive45e, 09' Cayman
Country flag
For the ones who are worried about a “twitchy” experience. My two cents this should not be an issue. I have installed the racechip RX on my RWD to increase sensitivity of the pedal and it works great. Pedal is a lot more sensitive but also very easy to modulate at the same time. Taycan’s pedal hardware is so good and refined, it is very easy to do little adjustments anyways. My RX mod is always on and the car never gets twitchy (but feels much more effortless during acceleration), i can still make milimetric movements on the green bar if i wanted to. If you are really worried, you can always get a racechip (or pedalbox) for pedal response, which lets you turn it off when desired.

Second datapoint to keep in mind: i am pretty sure Porsche altered the throttle response on Taycans (at a minimum RWDs) some time late 2023. I drove two loaners during service and it was a very noticeable difference vs my stock 2022. It is very possible Porshce altered this “unfiltered” lever in the newer cars anyways. (Actually i thought after the Racechip RX my pedal response became similar to the 2024 stock car.)

ElectricV8Biturbo

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M8, Taycan TS, ZR-1
Country flag
For the ones who are worried about a “twitchy” experience. My two cents this should not be an issue. I have installed the racechip RX on my RWD to increase sensitivity of the pedal and it works great. Pedal is a lot more sensitive but also very easy to modulate at the same time. Taycan’s pedal hardware is so good and refined, it is very easy to do little adjustments anyways. My RX mod is always on and the car never gets twitchy (but feels much more effortless during acceleration), i can still make milimetric movements on the green bar if i wanted to. If you are really worried, you can always get a racechip (or pedalbox) for pedal response, which lets you turn it off when desired.

Second datapoint to keep in mind: i am pretty sure Porsche altered the throttle response on Taycans (at a minimum RWDs) some time late 2023. I drove two loaners during service and it was a very noticeable difference vs my stock 2022. It is very possible Porshce altered this “unfiltered” lever in the newer cars anyways. (Actually i thought after the Racechip RX my pedal response became similar to the 2024 stock car.)
Reading your post made me remember a 2020 Taycan Turbo S I drove a few months before I bought mine. It had not been updated, software-wise, since 2020 and had some software recalls pending. It was being sold by a large used car dealership that sells tons of other German brands. The throttle response was so bad on that car I thought there was something wrong with it and it would require major work. I drove it with 100% charge. Felt so damn slow to be honest except when using launch control.
Later I drove the car I purchased, a 2021 with more miles than the 2020 I drove previously and was just at 60% battery SOC. It had the fully updated software and CPO'ed. Throttle response felt so much better and the 2021 felt faster as a result. I am thinking the 2020 probably just needed the 2023 software updates installed. I am thinking you are right, the unfiltered throttle will lever has been modified by Porsche in the updates

pedroleumjelly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Triumph Trident, 2023 Taycan
Country flag
I'm happy to offer Redshift to test it on my RWD PB+ and collect all the numbers. I'm hesitant to get it for myself permanently, however I live in the Bay Area where Redshift is a 15min drive away for me.

You're welcome to plug in a secondary ECU into my car, get all the numbers you need, and then revert it to stock. I'll do it for free, I think what our community is missing is the real metrics for RWD PB+.

AFAIK, RWD PB+ is 471hp. So does that mean a Redshift tune takes it up to 550 hp permanently? I'd love to have validated numbers, and I think a lot of people with RWDs are in the same boat. $3.5k is a lot of cheddar to drop on a 'trust me bro' otherwise.

Specifically, what would really help for RWD PB+ is a validated output of:

• New HP number
• New 0-60 times

Last edited:

ElectricV8Biturbo

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M8, Taycan TS, ZR-1
Country flag
Another data point to add. I drove my wife's model Y with performance boost last night thinking about this thread and the throttle response people are afraid of (not me lol, I want it).

It's so damn easy to one pedal drive that Tesla smoothly. There is no option to turn off recuperation in that car BTW. I did a 22-23 mile round trip not using the brake pedal at all, and it was effortless.

That being said, it's very easy to modulate the throttle at crawling speeds smoothly despite annoying levels of recuperation (to me). So I seriously do not think anyone has any reason to worry about the unfiltered throttle setting on this tune messing with the way the Taycan drives at all!

frietzak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
I'm happy to offer Redshift to test it on my RWD PB+ and collect all the numbers. I'm hesitant to get it for myself permanently, however I live in the Bay Area where Redshift is a 15min drive away for me.

You're welcome to plug in a secondary ECU into my car, get all the numbers you need, and then revert it to stock. I'll do it for free, I think what our community is missing is the real metrics for RWD PB+.

AFAIK, RWD PB+ is 471hp. So does that mean a Redshift tune takes it up to 550 hp permanently? I'd love to have validated numbers, and I think a lot of people with RWDs are in the same boat. $3.5k is a lot of cheddar to drop on a 'trust me bro' otherwise.

• New HP number
• New 0-60 times
Please make this happen @redshift-performance

Emokeff88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan RWD PB+
Country flag

• New HP number
• New 0-60 times
I'd be skeptical if this was not entertained, sounds like a win win to me.

Cravalho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW
Country flag
I like the smooth acceleration of the taycan. Especially in city driving. If I need full power I just floor it.

ElectricV8Biturbo

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M8, Taycan TS, ZR-1
Country flag
Just installed the Redshift tune so I'm qualified to give a real world before and after feel of the unfiltered throttle.

Basically in Normal mode, I wondered if anything was done to the car at all. It simply felt faster at part throttle. Didn't pull off quicker, just seem to hold the pull longer at any accelerator position.
In sport and sport plus, felt stronger. Definitely did not take out that Porsche driving feel. But just feels faster and just a tad more crispy/cleaner throttle response.
Definitely still not a Tesla in throttle response still (and those cars are not twitchy in the least), but definitely bridges the gap quite a bit compared to stock.

In addition, this is exactly what I thought a 750HP car from Porsche should drive like. With the tune, it feels like I actually have the power I paid for and it is all controlled with my right foot not a program I have to activate first. Normal feels normal with 750+ power, Sport feels like sport and Sport Plus feels like sport with a little extra.
Now I cannot say I feel the extra 50 HP but I was not expecting to (50 hp on a 5200lbs car.....yeah not gonna feel that). But I feel everything else at part throttle and makes the car that much better to drive

Last edited:

pedroleumjelly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Triumph Trident, 2023 Taycan
Country flag
Just installed the Redshift tune so I'm qualified to give a real world before and after feel of the unfiltered throttle.

Basically in Normal mode, I wondered if anything was done to the car at all. It simply felt faster at part throttle. Didn't pull off quicker, just seem to hold the pull longer at any accelerator position.
In sport and sport plus, felt stronger. Definitely did not take out that Porsche driving feel. But just feels faster and just a tad more crispy/cleaner throttle response.
Definitely still not a Tesla in throttle response still (and those cars are not twitchy in the least), but definitely bridges the gap quite a bit compared to stock.
Is yours a RWD PB+?

ElectricV8Biturbo

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M8, Taycan TS, ZR-1
Country flag
Is yours a RWD PB+?
Turbo S. I think the RWD and 4S will probably feel a bigger difference in throttle response from this mod cos from what I've been reading around, those models have a bit more in common with the Etron/RS Etron throttle mapping (from the factory). While the GTS/Turbo/Turbo S have a more aggressive throttle mapping from factory after the 2023 update especially.
Sponsored