Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.redshift-performance.com
Vehicles
Taycan, e-tron GT
Country flag
Hello Taycan Forum Members,

Redshift performance is proud to be an official site sponsor of the Taycan Forum community!
We offer ECU performance upgrades for the entire range of Porsche Taycan models (4/4S/GTS/Turbo/Turbo S + base RWD) as well as Audi e-tron GT (RS and base).
See below for details of our ECU performance upgrade packages:

Porsche Taycan Redshift Performance Intro - Taycan ECU Performance Packages redshift_taycan_etron_packages

All of our ECU tuning packages include:
  • Increase of maximum peak power (see above)
  • Availability of increased peak power (overboost) at all times (not just during launch control)
  • Removal of maximum speed limiter (optional)
  • Increased recuperation torque (optional)
  • Drivability adaption for an unfiltered throttle response (optional)
You can send us your powertrain control ECU (ASG) and we will return it back to you via overnight shipping or we can perform the upgrade on-site at our location in the San Francisco Bay Area, California, USA
We also welcome international inquires outside of the United States!

Please contact us via email or the contact form on our website below for more information.
[email protected]
https://www.redshift-performance.com/taycan

Thank you very much!
Sponsored

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag

Redshift performance is proud to be an official site sponsor of the Taycan Forum community!
We offer ECU performance upgrades for the entire range of Porsche Taycan models (4/4S/GTS/Turbo/Turbo S + base RWD) as well as Audi e-tron GT (RS and base).

redshift_taycan_etron_packages.jpg

• Availability of increased peak power (overboost) at all times (not just during launch control)
You can send us your powertrain control ECU (ASG) and we will return it back to you via overnight shipping or we can perform the upgrade on-site at our location in the San Francisco Bay Area, California, USA

Please contact us via email or the contact form on our website below for more information.
[email protected]

Thank you very much!
I love this in theory - but honestly I wouldn't want to give Porsche _ANY_ remote excuse to deny warranty claims on the 8 year/100,000 battery/EV drive train warranty…

good luck to anyone who'd done this and has a battery issue @ 60k miles 5 1/2 years after purchase of the vehicle…

Torv

First Name
Torv
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag

redshift_taycan_etron_packages.jpg

[email protected]

Thank you very much!
And the cost?

OP
OP
redshift-performance

redshift-performance

Site Sponsor
First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicles
Taycan, e-tron GT
Country flag
Thanks Mario, what is the HP/Torque numbers for the J1 I RWD, and will I be able to get Turbo S numbers with a J1 II 4S
Hi
Thanks Mario, what is the HP/Torque numbers for the J1 I RWD, and will I be able to get Turbo S numbers with a J1 II 4S
Hi d00d,
we have not measured a base RWD Taycan yet but you should generally see an increase in peak (overboost) power by 15-20% and as mentioned this is always available and not just during launch control.
As for your 2nd question the motor and power electronics are different on the 4 & 4S as compared to the Turbo/S/GTS models and can't deliver the same peak power numbers.

OP
OP
redshift-performance

redshift-performance

Site Sponsor
First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicles
Taycan, e-tron GT
Country flag
Also, what's the warranty position?
Hi Murph7355
we do our best to hide the tune from the manufacturer. All OEM diagnostics capability of the ECU will be retained. During regular service visits the change is not visible to the service tools. This type of tune has been in use in Europe for a few years now and we have not heard of any issues in regards to this. We also offer a revert back to stock service (free of charge) during which we will program your ECU back to stock condition.

Polar993

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
McLaren 720s, Porsche 993, Alpina Z8, Ferrari 328,
Country flag
Hi Torv,
prices for the different packages are listed on our website. See link here:
Do you have any partners on the East Coast of the US that could support us here in the Northeast?

Your service to revert back free of charge is great if your car needs to go for service, but it’s not practical to have to ship the ASG all the way back to you and have you ship it back to me just to revert it back to stock.

Would the acceleration of a modded GTS be equivalent to the Turbo S since you’re unlocking the same HP, or would the Turbo and Turbo S still be faster?

OP
OP
redshift-performance

redshift-performance

Site Sponsor
First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicles
Taycan, e-tron GT
Country flag
Do you have any partners on the East Coast of the US that could support us here in the Northeast?

Your service to revert back free of charge is great if your car needs to go for service, but it’s not practical to have to ship the ASG all the way back to you and have you ship it back to me just to revert it back to stock.

Would the acceleration of a modded GTS be equivalent to the Turbo S since you’re unlocking the same HP, or would the Turbo and Turbo S still be faster?
Hi Polar993
We currently don't have a presence on the east coast but shipping anywhere in the US can be done via next day air so it doesn't really matter where you are. If there are a few potential customers in your area we can consider flying out there for a day.
As mentioned before you shouldn't need to revert back for a regular service visits.
The GTS, Turbo and Turbo S can all achieve the same peak horsepower figure after the ECU upgrade but the Turbo S has a more powerful front inverter module which allows for faster acceleration. Turbo and GTS will be equivalent in terms of acceleration.

JAGMAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 CT4
Country flag
I love this in theory - but honestly I wouldn't want to give Porsche _ANY_ remote excuse to deny warranty claims on the 8 year/100,000 battery/EV drive train warranty…
Are you certain the 8/100 battery warranty covers ev drive train? I don’t think it does.

That said, proving that the “tune” caused battery damage when other models have the same power output would be an uphill battle for the OEM. I imagine battery management and other protections remain in place.

SergeyIndy

First Name
Sergey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
24 Macan GTS, 23 Taycan Turbo, 20 Cayenne Turbo,
Country flag
Welcome @redshift-performance to the forum. Very compelling offering with lots to consider. I really liked the COBB tunes on the Macan for example that definitely unlock the additional power, but with their device, it is easily installed/uninstalled to ensure full stock ECU condition for service visits.

I have a question, given 30 min swap procedure of the hardware ECU unit, is it possible to get a second ECU unit that is tuned, and then retain the stock version to install it for service visits. Assuming this is possible, meaning the ECUs are not specifically coded/paired to the car, I can see if I go to the dealer to order one (do you know what would be the cost), that will raise some questions, but certainly ordering from a third party like Suncoast would be an option, if this can be ordered as a usual part.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
Welcome @redshift-performance to the forum. Very compelling offering with lots to consider. I really liked the COBB tunes on the Macan for example that definitely unlock the additional power, but with their device, it is easily installed/uninstalled to ensure full stock ECU condition for service visits.

I have a question, given 30 min swap procedure of the hardware ECU unit, is it possible to get a second ECU unit that is tuned, and then retain the stock version to install it for service visits. Assuming this is possible, meaning the ECUs are not specifically coded/paired to the car, I can see if I go to the dealer to order one (do you know what would be the cost), that will raise some questions, but certainly ordering from a third party like Suncoast would be an option, if this can be ordered as a usual part.
I was about to ask the very same question.

Polar993

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
McLaren 720s, Porsche 993, Alpina Z8, Ferrari 328,
Country flag

Having a second, stock, ECU would be great, but I’d imagine the cost of such a part is not going to be cheap! Probably more than the tune itself.

The second ECU option would be best. Leave the original ECU alone, unmodified, and have Redshift tune the second one. You would then always have your original to swap in during service.

The other option is to have a program where Redshift reverts the code back to the original during service visits, and remods it when the service is complete. Seems like a hassle though, especially if you have to ship the ECU back and forth each time.

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
Are you certain the 8/100 battery warranty covers ev drive train? I don’t think it does.

That said, proving that the “tune” caused battery damage when other models have the same power output would be an uphill battle for the OEM. I imagine battery management and other protections remain in place.
the point is they don't have to prove it - once you've modified the car they are "off the hook" and they can claim anything they want…and then it's an uphill battle for _YOU_ to prove it didn't cause the problem.
Sponsored