Storing for Winter

Rob28

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan GTS, '22 Lexus NX350 (Wife's)
Country flag
Hi fellow Canadians!

With winter approaching (and full on in other parts), I wanted to ask if anyone has experience storing their Taycan for the winter? Any tips or suggestions; i.e. should i keep it plugged in, should i drive every couple weeks on a sunny dry day, etc?

This will be my first winter with my Taycan and thus far I've covered it and occasionally check the battery status on the app.

Thank you all in advance for the help!
Sponsored

TaycanCook

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MG 4S CT
Country flag
Porsche Taycan Storing for Winter Screenshot_20221204_113508_My Porsche

I follow this for the battery. Chock the tires, over inflate. Leave it in park and then go into the vehicle settings to disengage the parking brake.

this is in addition to cleaning out the car, cleaning the car, etc.

OP
OP
Rob28

Rob28

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
thank you!

Just so I understand, the recommendation is to leave the car plugged in but with the profile set to between 20-50% charge so it keeps the battery topped off up to that level. Is that correct?

Last edited:

Jayyvr890

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Yes, if you're using Porsche's PMCC, turn the charging current down to the lowest setting too.

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera Sport Turismo 4S
Country flag
Hi fellow Canadians!

With winter approaching (and full on in other parts), I wanted to ask if anyone has experience storing their Taycan for the winter? Any tips or suggestions; i.e. should i keep it plugged in, should i drive every couple weeks on a sunny dry day, etc?

This will be my first winter with my Taycan and thus far I've covered it and occasionally check the battery status on the app.

Thank you all in advance for the help!
Recommend caution with car covers. Generally can do more harm than good….if you are a fanatic about paint finishes. It’s better than nothing if you must stored outdoors though.

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
Why store for winter?
I’m going to use it….winter tyres, of course, more careful on the road…why not?

OP
OP
Rob28

Rob28

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Recommend caution with car covers. Generally can do more harm than good….if you are a fanatic about paint finishes. It’s better than nothing if you must stored outdoors though.
I bought the Porsche one from Suncoast parts. It fits nicely and I'm just using it to keep the car from getting covered in a layer of dust. Car is stored indoors.

OP
OP
Rob28

Rob28

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Why store for winter?
I’m going to use it….winter tyres, of course, more careful on the road…why not?
My first Porsche, and GTA winters are terrible for salt and slush. Don't want a bunch of chips on the car

OP
OP
Rob28

Rob28

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
My first Porsche, and GTA winters are terrible for salt and slush. Don't want a bunch of chips on the car
Also, an excuse to buy a winter car 😁 don't tell my wife! Lol

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera Sport Turismo 4S
Country flag
If you don’t need to use it in the winter, it’s smart not to. The road chemicals and small stones alone are worth keeping it off the road. Avoiding a problem to the best way to go. 👍

BJCanadaMax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cross Turismo, MINI SE, Toyota Prius
Country flag
If you don’t need to use it in the winter, it’s smart not to. The road chemicals and small stones alone are worth keeping it off the road. Avoiding a problem to the best way to go. 👍
Interesting. I am actually looking forward to use the Cross Turismo as my winter driver. Well, of course i really want to keep one car. I hate paying for two insurance when i can only drive one car at a time. I have two cars now, when the cross turismo comes, it will be third. I am hoping the Cross Turismo will at least replace the Prius as the winter car. I keep breaking the Prius bumper during snow driving.

BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S, Range Rover Sport
Country flag
There are a few threads on here. But it seems the last big software update made the HV battery able to keep the 12v battery charged up. However, it will only do that for a certain number of cycles between the the car being unlocked (or used maybe?). Anyway if you can remember to go sit in it from time to time to restart the 12v charge function from the HV battery, do that. Or put a trickle charger onto the 12v battery as well.

OP
OP
Rob28

Rob28

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Interesting. I am actually looking forward to use the Cross Turismo as my winter driver. Well, of course i really want to keep one car. I hate paying for two insurance when i can only drive one car at a time. I have two cars now, when the cross turismo comes, it will be third. I am hoping the Cross Turismo will at least replace the Prius as the winter car. I keep breaking the Prius bumper during snow driving.
I have the carbon fiber sport design package - don’t want my front lip getting chipped. If I had a CT I would drive it in the winter too!

BJCanadaMax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cross Turismo, MINI SE, Toyota Prius
Country flag
I have the carbon fiber sport design package - don’t want my front lip getting chipped. If I had a CT I would drive it in the winter too!
Yeah, also i guess that you won’t park at the curb side spots in parking. what color is yours.
Sponsored