Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
Wow that was not what I thought would happen at a Porsche dealer.

Brake fluid would have two changes in the period.
There would be one or two inspections (legal checkpoint) in the period
coolant will not need to be changed
Filters can not be that expensive!

What a Rip Off!
Sponsored

MetallicBlue

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Audii Q7
Country flag
That sounds like a package for a gasoline car. They likely haven’t created one for the electric cars yet. There isn’t much to do on these.

dryii

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2018 Tesla Model 3, 2015 Porsche Macan Turbo
Country flag
I agree with those saying not to buy any pre-packaged and paid for maintenance on the Taycan, or any electric vehicle. The most cost is coming from items with wear over time and which aren't going to be covered.

HD007

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 4GTS, Macan Turbo, MB 350 SL, Toyota Landcruiser Pick-up
Country flag
Bonjour, J'ai reçu le 4 mars le 5 mars, l'intervalle pour l'entretien est de 2 ans principalement pour changer le liquide de frein. De toute façon c'est la voiture qui va éviter quand il faut réparer un rendez-vous pour le service d'entretien.

Porsche Taycan Taycan Maintenance Schedule IMG_1304

HD007

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 4GTS, Macan Turbo, MB 350 SL, Toyota Landcruiser Pick-up
Country flag
Bonjour, J'ai reçu le Taycan 4S le 5 mars, l'intervalle pour l'entretien est de 2 ans principalement pour changer le liquide de frein. De toute façon c'est la voiture qui va avertir quand il faut prendre un rendez-vous pour le service d'entretien.

Friedrich

First Name
Friedrich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Future: 2020 Porsche Taycan, 2022 Tesla Y; Current: Boxster S, Acura MDX; Past: 66 VW Beetle, 82 Porsche SC Targa, 91 Acura NSX, 98 Porsche Carrera Cabr, 2002 Porsche Carrera Cabr, 2004 Porsche Cayenne S
Country flag
$50,000 battery cost? wow.......guess not a good idea to keep Taycan too long.

lawrence R

First Name
Lawrence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
porsche
Country flag
$50,000 battery cost? wow.......guess not a good idea to keep Taycan too long.
The standard warranty on the battery is 8 years and can be extended. Individual cells can be replaced. We may also see some battery-only warranties for older electric cars, that will enable people to continue driving older EV's without the fear of a giant bill (that is my prediction).

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
my Chevy dealer still sends me friendly notices that my Bolt is due for it’s oil change and they also wanted to let me know that I can improve my gas milage with a fuel injector “flush” - old companies techniques die hard

they also tried to sell me a ‘service package’ when I purchased my Bolt - knowing what i know - I asked them “what will it cover?” - they thought about it, left the room - came back 20 minutes later and stated they really had no idea, but they offer it on all their cars and that several other Bolt customers had purchased the package because it “was good value”. I honestly pity those previous customers and almost asked for their names and contact information.

it just makes me hang my head and cry.

Last edited:

MissionC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
it just makes me hang my head and cry.
For a good laugh, go look up how many people were paying AOL for dial-up internet access and didn’t know it. If a company has low ethics, they’ll make money any way possible. “Fuel injector flush” :CWL:

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
it's for the turbo!

JC Mann

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayman S, Tesla Model S
Country flag
Updated with video about Taycan maintenance:

Porsche Calgary explaining how little maintenance is required. Basically there is no real maintenance. Thanks to @Vidicdi for posting.

Original Post

For anyone that's already received their Taycan, does anyone know if the Taycan Maintenance Schedule is in the User Manual that comes with the car? Sadly it's not in the "Good to Know" Porsche app, and the full Taycan User Manual isn't available online yet. I'm very curious how often Porsche will recommend battery coolant replacement, or how often you'd have to take the car in for service. Would it still be annually or because it's an EV it would be more like every 2-3 years? I hear for Tesla's they used to recommend annual service but they'd literally just be replacing windshield wipers and adding washer fluid, so it was just kind of a waste and something you could do yourself.
My Model S annual services also included new battery in each key fob.

atebit

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
[s] 2021 Taycan AWD [\s] 2022 Rivian R1T
Country flag
So yesterday during my “check-ectomy” visit with Finance Manager, he writes “1 2 3 4 5 6” on a sheet of paper, then crosses out 3 & 5. He says, “Normally, there are six services, but with this car, there’s only 4. The first one is free. We’re not sure what’s going to be part of the second service, but we think it’ll be expensive. But, you can prepay $770 now and be covered”.

Having come from three previous EVs, there’s next to nothing required for “scheduled maintenance”. Sure, there’s tires, alignment, brakes, brake fluid change, etc. but that’s it. If people are actually signing for this “you won’t know what’s in it until you pay $770”, deal, it’s a crime.

When I pressed him for “what was in it”, it was as if no one had ever asked him. “Uhh...well, brake flush, I think there’s some filters,...”. At which point I said thanks but no thanks.

IMHO most of the stated reasons behind Tesla’s direct-to-consumer sales model ring true. The pitch hasn’t changed in at least 50 years, as I remember the same snake-oilery at the vinyl-smelling Ford showrooms of my father’s day.

Reactions: DrT

struther

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan GTR, Nissan 350z
Country flag
So yesterday during my “check-ectomy” visit with Finance Manager, he writes “1 2 3 4 5 6” on a sheet of paper, then crosses out 3 & 5. He says, “Normally, there are six services, but with this car, there’s only 4. The first one is free. We’re not sure what’s going to be part of the second service, but we think it’ll be expensive. But, you can prepay $770 now and be covered”.

Having come from three previous EVs, there’s next to nothing required for “scheduled maintenance”. Sure, there’s tires, alignment, brakes, brake fluid change, etc. but that’s it. If people are actually signing for this “you won’t know what’s in it until you pay $770”, deal, it’s a crime.

When I pressed him for “what was in it”, it was as if no one had ever asked him. “Uhh...well, brake flush, I think there’s some filters,...”. At which point I said thanks but no thanks.

IMHO most of the stated reasons behind Tesla’s direct-to-consumer sales model ring true. The pitch hasn’t changed in at least 50 years, as I remember the same snake-oilery at the vinyl-smelling Ford showrooms of my father’s day.
My dealer told me I needed service after 2 years, but said it was covered free of charge and didn’t push anything else. I even got a service notice with that $0 cost in writing.

atebit

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
[s] 2021 Taycan AWD [\s] 2022 Rivian R1T
Country flag
@struther, I see you’re in Canada. That may be a benefit we don’t have here in the US. :(
Sponsored