Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag
Has anyone ever seen a range of 313 miles?
There have been a few people on this forum reporting that kind of range but it is extremely rare. Most people seem to get somewhere around 220-270.
Sponsored

ben1

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
tesla,porsche
Country flag
The losses on mine have been more like 500W whenever I have checked. Probably mainly coolant pump, the coolant passage is long and complex.

It is a big proportion of the whole when charged on a 13A plug which I have had to do twice now. 2.6kW measured at the plug and 2.1kW reported on the Taycan screen.
On my home charger 7.2kW reported by the dispenser and 6.7kW on the Taycan display.
At 16A or lower, it should not start the coolant pump.
My motorcycle can charge at 16A without any water cooling for a battery pack that is 5 times smaller.

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
My motorcycle can charge at 16A without any water cooling for a battery pack that is 5 times smaller.
OK. There is certainly something making a whirring sound as soon as plugged in on mine.

No idea what it is, just guessed it was a coolant pump since that is what it sounds like.
In all weather conditions I have tried it in my Taycan consumes 500W more electricity than it reports as charging the battery, whether on a 13A UK ring main or dedicated Andersen "charger", I first checked when new and still sometimes check, it has always been the same. Typically the Andersen reports 7.2kW being supplied and the car 6.7kW charging on the display.

Gru

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Sport Turismo - 20"
Country flag
just monitored a charge from 18 to 85% on a AC 22kW.
needed 62.4 kWh, only 54.5 according to Car Scanner: that’s about 12.5% loss
one point however: it was really cold and batt. temp. was below 0C/30F when started.

Porsche Taycan Taycan ranked best EV you can buy in UK screenshot_20240111-121703

Pete85

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, X1 hybrid
Country flag
There have been a few people on this forum reporting that kind of range but it is extremely rare. Most people seem to get somewhere around 220-270.
Dont know about extremely rare. At our second home in the Alps I get regularly 500km. It's a strange thing this in the mountains. The regen is so good that I get more range when driving up and down than on the flat. Sounds crazy but its been proved many times.
In Finland in the summer the range is around 450 km.

Gru

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Sport Turismo - 20"
Country flag
Dont know about extremely rare. At our second home in the Alps I get regularly 500km. It's a strange thing this in the mountains. The regen is so good that I get more range when driving up and down than on the flat. Sounds crazy but its been proved many times.
perhaps because the average speed is lower… unless youn drive like him 🧐

Vatanen - Pikes Peak

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
I suspect the software does not distinguish, just starts the coolant pumps to ensure they are operational to cool or warm the battery as needed. Perhaps once charging the coolant pumps wind down, but not sure if Taycan supports many variable coolant loop speeds.

Taycan2020

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover Vogue SE & Mercedes S-Class
Country flag
Hmmm… I think maybe that is your range on the way down the mountains? lol

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
You just need to drive it with your other half on board more. 🙄. I get great mileage when my wife is in the pax seat!
Indeed my wife in the passenger seat is far better on range than range mode.

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
Hmmm… I think maybe that is your range on the way down the mountains? lol
I didn’t get 500 km but I did have around 400 km range estimate on navigation including highway. First part of the trip was 35 km downhill. Arrived with 98% and cooled. Then 30 km sloping a bit down and 20 degrees. Last part was highway 130 km/h.

I have done many mountain passes. In general I am around 21-22 kWh/100 km average going up and down. Going up is around 40-45 kWh/100 km. Going down is 0 and sometimes arriving with a bit more than on top of the pass. If the final destination is a ski resort you will use a lot of battery.
Sponsored