First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Hi everyone,

Finally last week I went to pick up my Taycan Turbo and my first EV. Its a Porsche center employee car with 45k miles of mileage that was kept in good shape. Battery SoH reads 90.47% and I assume its got mostly HPC charging. Paid 94k euros for the car, equipment is generous though. RWS, PDCC, Burmester, HUD, Innodrive, Night Vision, Acoustic glass, 4 zone AC, Passenger display, Ventilated seats, etc

Dolomite silver is an interesting color that in full sun looks grey and in cloudy conditions blueish. Chalk interior looks the best for me, modern and sporty.

The good things:
- impressive acceleration and great ride quality, feels more comfortable than my Panamera Turbo S Hybrid. NVH is similar and I'd like less road noise as both get noisy on rough asphalt but from wide 21 inch wheels the noise is expected.
- PDCC/RWS make it even more impressive in turns and country roads, very stable and flat, the car doesn't lean.
- Burmester sound quality is excellent but at 80% volume there's too much vibration from door panels, anyway its too loud at that level.
- HUD is very clear and easier on the eyes than digital screen on long night trips.
- Ambient lighting is nicely done, not too bright just to see more inside at night.
- Innodrive with lane keeping seems good enough and no issues on my last 2000 km road trip.
- Plug & charge works fast with Ionity
- seats are comfortable even after many hours of driving.

The not so good:
- key fob not detected sometimes
- door handles not extending every time
- airbag fault after few days, cleared with CarScanner App
- PCM froze once for few minutes and sometimes reacts a bit slow
- surround view is pretty low res same as Panamera
- front brakes are new and I notice some constant friction noise coming from there
- missing the soft-close doors
- feels a class below Panamera, plastic trim on b pillar lower quality and rear pillar should be leather wrapped at this price, but I'll get those wrapped in leather soon

Overall I really like the Taycan and my first road trip was problems free. However Porsche must improve the software and some materials in the next generation.

Here are some photos:
Porsche Taycan Taycan Turbo is in the garage! Screen Shot 2023-09-25 at 10.04.18 PM

Porsche Taycan Taycan Turbo is in the garage! Screen Shot 2023-09-25 at 10.05.13 PM

Porsche Taycan Taycan Turbo is in the garage! Screen Shot 2023-09-25 at 10.05.34 PM

Porsche Taycan Taycan Turbo is in the garage! Screen Shot 2023-09-25 at 10.05.48 PM

Porsche Taycan Taycan Turbo is in the garage! Screen Shot 2023-09-25 at 10.06.11 PM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Beautiful car. Seems like a pretty good deal!

Leawood CT

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT
Country flag
Very nice and congratulations! Love the travel pics.

"key fob not detected sometimes" - Mine did that too. I replaced the battery in the fob, which was the original one from the factory, and it is working now without fail. The battery is your standard CR2032 type, so available at most stores and is easy to swap out.

GOG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes CLS63 . Range Rover Sport
Country flag
What model year is your car?
Mine is 4s 2021 with around 21,000 km and battery SoH %80 which I think is too much . I don't do DC charging ,only AC ( MOST OF THE TIME %85 ) at home.
What do you guys think ?
I talked to my dealer and told it is ok !!!
And at what percentage and year warranty will trigger to replace the battery.
Thanks

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera Sport Turismo 4S
Country flag
I had the same impression about the Taycan as compared to the Panamera. The Taycan is lower in the Porsche lineup so I don’t ever expect it to reach par with its bigger brother in that aspect.

SergeyIndy

First Name
Sergey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
24 Macan GTS, 23 Taycan Turbo, 20 Cayenne Turbo,
Country flag
This is a really nice write up from a recent Turbo owner. I have about 1,300 miles of local driving and this is my experience so far consistent with yours.

These are my pros/cons:

- I bought it for the way it drives after test driving a RWD and a 4S on multi-day out of town trips.
- PDCC/RWS contribute a great deal to the agility, but I have noticed that the OEM all-season Continentals are not holding the road well, so slowing down a bit more on round abouts, but I may need more miles to make my final judgement.
- BM audio is superb, but I do agree that as you go higher in volume the door panels are shaking.
- HUD is not something I planned to use, but the package deal was too good to pass up as I wanted InnoDrive, but when I tried the HUD at night for just around the block, I agree it is very clear, but I could not find a configuration combo that would be useful, so I may need to try again when going on a long trip. I have mixed feelings about the plastic projector cap, so if I would do it again, I would skip it and just have a full leather dash instead.
- InnoDrive test was very robotic, which is probably expected, but this is the first car for me with any active assistance. I understand that this is assisting and not self-driving, and I can see how helpful it could be on a long trip or in stop/go traffic, but not necessarily on a local drive with a mix of street and highway as it was a bit stressful watching its robotic operation when humans in other cars zipping by like crazy.
- Plug & Charge test with EA worked flawlessly locally, but going out of town may be another story.
- Home Charging is flawless with Emporia EVSE using only Timer function. Getting just below 11kW.
- 14-way Seats with Massage function is the way to go. Specifically chose that combo since they look more in line with the interior (narrower), but otherwise always optioned 18-ways in the SUVs.
- Surround View everyone knows is about the worst for quality and fisheye.
- Door Handles having same issues not extending every time or not fast enough. Foot gesture works every time, but again wish it was quicker.
- Soft Close doors need to be an option, I only experienced them on a loaner Panamera and agree that this is a missing feature.
- Leather Sills and B-Pillar remove the plastic that does make it below Panamera, otherwise, I think it is no less luxurious as I am comparing to our full leather interior Cayenne. There is a lot of leather in these options, so I felt it was such a deal.
- No issues with PCM freeze, key not detected, or any other errors.
- I kind of enjoy getting in and out as it is almost a chore like getting in and out of a spaceship. I can see that if someone expects the usual in and out of a car, they will hate it, since it is low and B-pillar on the way, I feel that makes it special.
- Only wish would be for full Matrix light functionality not available in the US. I like PDLS+ but it is clear that full Matrix would make it for amazing lighting setup.

Last edited:

jkoya

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Taycan CT4, 23 Mini Cooper SE on order
Country flag
Nice pics - love the mountain backgrounds !

OP
OP
andb

andb

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Beautiful car. Seems like a pretty good deal!
Thanks, I always wait for good deals to show up.

I replaced the battery in the fob, which was the original one from the factory, and it is working now without fail.
Thanks, I'll replace the battery soon.

What model year is your car?
Mine is 4s 2021 with around 21,000 km and battery SoH %80 which I think is too much . I don't do DC charging ,only AC ( MOST OF THE TIME %85 ) at home.
MY2021 and I'm sure its seen a lot of DC charging and office charge up to 100% because the car was driven by a Porsche designer in Stuttgart.
Yours SoH seems too low, maybe heat really affects the battery.

I had the same impression about the Taycan as compared to the Panamera. The Taycan is lower in the Porsche lineup so I don’t ever expect it to reach par with its bigger brother in that aspect.
Yes interior fit and finish is below Panamera but surprisingly ride comfort is better in the Taycan.

- PDCC/RWS contribute a great deal to the agility, but I have noticed that the OEM all-season Continentals are not holding the road well, so slowing down a bit more on round abouts, but I may need more miles to make my final judgement.
PDCC/RWS make it feel like a heavy go-kart. I have the summer Pirellis and I couldn't brake traction on the mountain pass.

Soft Close doors need to be an option, I only experienced them on a loaner Panamera and agree that this is a missing feature.
Its also missing the door hinges that keep the door open in any position, very useful I think.

BM audio is superb, but I do agree that as you go higher in volume the door panels are shaking.
I'm afraid some parts might fall out like rear view mirror which vibrates from bass heavy songs, I'll tone it down.

Leather Sills and B-Pillar remove the plastic that does make it below Panamera, otherwise, I think it is no less luxurious as I am comparing to our full leather interior Cayenne.
Indeed if those parts would've been leather wrapped I'd say its on par with Panamera.

InnoDrive test was very robotic, which is probably expected, but this is the first car for me with any active assistance. I understand that this is assisting and not self-driving, and I can see how helpful it could be on a long trip or in stop/go traffic, but not necessarily on a local drive with a mix of street and highway as it was a bit stressful watching its robotic operation when humans in other cars zipping by like crazy.
In heavy highway traffic is not very reliable because it brakes hard when a car enters your lane but on empty roads works well.

Nice pics - love the mountain backgrounds !
Thanks, its Grossglockner High Alpine Road, impressive mountain pass, @tigerbalm been there recently.

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera Sport Turismo 4S
Country flag
Thanks, I always wait for good deals to show up.

Thanks, I'll replace the battery soon.

MY2021 and I'm sure its seen a lot of DC charging and office charge up to 100% because the car was driven by a Porsche designer in Stuttgart.
Yours SoH seems too low, maybe heat really affects the battery.

Yes interior fit and finish is below Panamera but surprisingly ride comfort is better in the Taycan.

PDCC/RWS make it feel like a heavy go-kart. I have the summer Pirellis and I couldn't brake traction on the mountain pass.

Its also missing the door hinges that keep the door open in any position, very useful I think.

I'm afraid some parts might fall out like rear view mirror which vibrates from bass heavy songs, I'll tone it down.

Indeed if those parts would've been leather wrapped I'd say its on par with Panamera.

In heavy highway traffic is not very reliable because it brakes hard when a car enters your lane but on empty roads works well.

Thanks, its Grossglockner High Alpine Road, impressive mountain pass, @tigerbalm been there recently.
With both the Panamera and Taycan in normal mode and the normal height, I find them on par. Taycan (CT at least) is better when lowered in normal mode. Perhaps the case with the sedan too.

As for soft close, frameless doors with soft close is an engineering feat. Probably not worth it for Taycan.

snstevens

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Very nice and congratulations! Love the travel pics.

"key fob not detected sometimes" - Mine did that too. I replaced the battery in the fob, which was the original one from the factory, and it is working now without fail. The battery is your standard CR2032 type, so available at most stores and is easy to swap out.
Pro Tip - Be sure to use a "CR" version of CR2032. There is also a DL2032, but it has a different thickness and won't consistently light up the RED outside of the Porsche symbol, and might not work at all in some instances.

snstevens

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
This is a really nice write up from a recent Turbo owner. I have about 1,300 miles of local driving and this is my experience so far consistent with yours.

These are my pros/cons:

- I bought it for the way it drives after test driving a RWD and a 4S on multi-day out of town trips.
- BM audio is superb, but I do agree that as you go higher in volume the door panels are shaking.
- HUD is not something I planned to use, but the package deal was too good to pass up as I wanted InnoDrive, but when I tried the HUD at night for just around the block, I agree it is very clear, but I could not find a configuration combo that would be useful, so I may need to try again when going on a long trip. I have mixed feelings about the plastic projector cap, so if I would do it again, I would skip it and just have a full leather dash instead.
- InnoDrive test was very robotic, which is probably expected, but this is the first car for me with any active assistance. I understand that this is assisting and not self-driving, and I can see how helpful it could be on a long trip or in stop/go traffic, but not necessarily on a local drive with a mix of street and highway as it was a bit stressful watching its robotic operation when humans in other cars zipping by like crazy.
- Plug & Charge test with EA worked flawlessly locally, but going out of town may be another story.
- Home Charging is flawless with Emporia EVSE using only Timer function. Getting just below 11kW.
- 14-way Seats with Massage function is the way to go. Specifically chose that combo since they look more in line with the interior (narrower), but otherwise always optioned 18-ways in the SUVs.
- Surround View everyone knows is about the worst for quality and fisheye.
- Door Handles having same issues not extending every time or not fast enough. Foot gesture works every time, but again wish it was quicker.
- Soft Close doors need to be an option, I only experienced them on a loaner Panamera and agree that this is a missing feature.
- Leather Sills and B-Pillar remove the plastic that does make it below Panamera, otherwise, I think it is no less luxurious as I am comparing to our full leather interior Cayenne. There is a lot of leather in these options, so I felt it was such a deal.
- No issues with PCM freeze, key not detected, or any other errors.
- I kind of enjoy getting in and out as it is almost a chore like getting in and out of a spaceship. I can see that if someone expects the usual in and out of a car, they will hate it, since it is low and B-pillar on the way, I feel that makes it special.
- Only wish would be for full Matrix light functionality not available in the US. I like PDLS+ but it is clear that full Matrix would make it for amazing lighting setup.
On "Getting In and Out" -- Set the Comfort setting to NOT move the seat or wheel. It generally keeps your seat further up in the doorframe and it's easier to get out.

irrelevant

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, e-tron, C7 Corvette, Piper Aerostar
Country flag
Congratulations, and good job picking the fastest color. ;)
Sponsored