ZenicaNC

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Cayenne S E-Hybrid
Country flag
I'm a lover of data. This guy's experience tells him that Asian drivers could be a likely cause of this accident.

I'm curious. Would anyone here guess which ethnicity group has the highest auto accident/fatality rate in the United States?

I'll give you a hint, it's not Asians.

Ah. Let me just spoil it for you. Asians are actually the lowest. LOL. Even I didn't know that.

Even us Trump/MAGA supporters rely on data before going off targeting an entire race. ;)

And if we are going to be observant. My guess is this poster lives in a place where 1-2 shades is the primary majority. Certainly can't blame him for the myopic view on the world.

accidents.png
Data is only as reliable as those collecting it. You'd also have to examine the population of the US and delineate based on ethnicity. Then look at the percentage of those meeting the minimum driving age. The 2022 US Census shows just under 21 million people identifying as asian vs 256 that identify as caucasian. Then you'd have to look at all of the accident data to see if ethnicity is reported and see what the percentage is for the given ethnicity, not against the population as a whole.

FYI, I'm not with you in the maga club. Sorry.

PoorShah

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Taycan GTS, 64 Chevelle SS, BMW 7LI, X-Plaid
Country flag
Data is only as reliable as those collecting it. You'd also have to examine the population of the US and delineate based on ethnicity. Then look at the percentage of those meeting the minimum driving age. The 2022 US Census shows just under 21 million people identifying as asian vs 256 that identify as caucasian. Then you'd have to look at all of the accident data to see if ethnicity is reported and see what the percentage is for the given ethnicity, not against the population as a whole.

FYI, I'm not with you in the maga club. Sorry.
Here's you data. Go do your homework and report back.

Porsche Taycan Teen Driver Rolls Taycan at 100 MPH Notification_Center

Replika

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Lightning
Country flag
You guys can laugh at this, but it’s not funny. When even stupid Toyota ads show a silly smile faced girl pushed back in her seat from EV acceleration (“zoomified” as the ad says), the fun days of EVs are surely numbered. Horrific accidents will be more commonplace as the stupidity with which so many drivers display is combined with the rapid change in kinetic energy possible from EV acceleration. Pretty soon, federally required nannies are going to take the fun out of this. Or insurance data spies.
US Pedestrian fatalities are at a 41 year high. Traffic fatalities have also spiked in recent years, at a time when they are down in the rest of the industrialized world.

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag

Marmolata

First Name
RJS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
😥 I hope the teen in critical condition makes it through, and without life long injuries. What a sad state of affairs that so many dont have the least bit of humanity and would rather make jokes, at someone elses expense.

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
😥 I hope the teen in critical condition makes it through, and without life long injuries. What a sad state of affairs that so many dont have the least bit of humanity and would rather make jokes, at someone elses expense.
Agree 100%.

When I think back to what I was like at that age, and the things I did, it fills me with remorse.
It really is amazing I made it through in one piece.

You just don't think through the consequences of your actions when you are young.

Full of bravado and think you are invincible. Throw in lack of experience in life and the final straw - alcohol/drugs and its just a bad mix.

I wasn't a bad person. Just young, stupid and hated being told what to do from anyone in authority.

tomdfw1

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Lamborghini Huracan Performante Spyder
Country flag

Ducs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 4S
Country flag
and a smart person would understand that correlation is not causation.
While I don’t agree with Z‘s take here “correlation is not causation” is possibly the lamest term birthed by progressivism in the university system to glibly dismiss hard data that didn’t substantiate woke ideologies.
It sounds profound but is lacking in substance.

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag
While I don’t agree with Z‘s take here “correlation is not causation” is possibly the lamest term birthed by progressivism in the university system to glibly dismiss hard data that didn’t substantiate woke ideologies.
It sounds profound but is lacking in substance.
What in the world are you talking about? The term is perfectly fine to use in the proper context. I’m neither “woke” nor progressive but your statement is ridiculous.
Sponsored